Simple questions?

Comments

• I'm pretty sure no other tradeskill works if you don't have it active so if bookbinding's magictome does then you should probably BUG it.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited April 2017
    Falaeron said:
    I'm pretty sure no other tradeskill works if you don't have it active so if bookbinding's magictome does then you should probably BUG it.
    ?  I just showed it not working in my log.  When you forget bookbinding the line of it absorbing damage doesn't happen (and it doesn't actually do the 1/5 damage resist portion either).

Edit: What I didn't include was a firing of Destruction with bookbinding active and not already at max resists, I suppose.  So here's that:

12420h, 10335m, 11410e, 10p, 26660en, 26660w mBelrxk<>-manifest destruction at xenthos

You use 200 of your divine essence.
    Xenthos shapes liquid globes of power from the air and hurls them at you. You scream in agony as they splash across your skin and it blackens and burns away.
    Your magic tome warms as it absorbs damage.
    10951h, 10335m, 11410e, 10p, 26660en, 26660w mBelrk<>-

1469 damage (so it reduced the damage, as it should have, and only does so when bookbinding is active).

• Falaeron said:
    I'm pretty sure no other tradeskill works if you don't have it active so if bookbinding's magictome does then you should probably BUG it.
    Masterarmour continues to work if you forget forging, as long as you do not forget knighthood, which is per the AB file.
    Ejderha said:
    Falaeron said:
    Masterarmour continues to work if you forget forging, as long as you do not forget knighthood, which is per the AB file.
    It doesn't work as masterarmour though, it loses the master enhancement (and gains it back when you select forging again).  All the trans abilities lose their "special" aspect and become the basic item, if they have a basic form (so the magictome is just the scrolls, masterplate is just plate, etc).
  • edited April 2017
    Xenthos said:
    Ejderha said:
    Falaeron said:
    It doesn't work as masterarmour though, it loses the master enhancement (and gains it back when you select forging again).  All the trans abilities lose their "special" aspect and become the basic item, if they have a basic form (so the magictome is just the scrolls, masterplate is just plate, etc).
    I am sure you must be right, but then I wonder, why bother? If it is just normal plate, and (almost) everyone can wear plate, why not let me wear it after I have forgotten knighthood? Is this a remnant of the old armour system that no longer makes sense or am I missing something?
    Ejderha said:
    Xenthos said:
    Ejderha said:
    Falaeron said:
    I am sure you must be right, but then I wonder, why bother? If it is just normal plate, and everyone can wear plate, why not let me wear it after I have forgotten knighthood? Is this a remnant of the old armour system that no longer makes sense or am I missing something?
    If it still functions that way than I suspect it's a remnant of the old armour system.  Once upon a time forgetting forging did not make it lose the extra bonus, but there was a request (I forget if it was an envoy report or just a forum conversation) to standardize all the trade artifacts.

The way it used to be was this: You could make the trans trade artifact and use it no matter what.  There was an Admin-rule that you were not allowed to use the trans trade artifact if you switched away from a class that did not have access to it (so if you switched to warrior you should destroy your philosopher stone, etc).  Masterplate was one of the ones that was mechanically coded to pop off so that you couldn't keep using it if you changed archetypes, though.

A couple of trade arties were made to only work when you had the skill active (I think the Magicrown?  I don't remember exactly what it was), but there was just a bit of inconsistency and the only way to police it was to have Admin spy on people and / or file issues.

They just went ahead and made everything function based on whether you have the skill active, so now they don't have to police it at all any more.  It's definitely possible that some of the old code just got left in place when they did that, though.
  • Which of these things can be enchanted:

Trinkets ..................... 2+
    Baubles ...................... 6+
    Chains ....................... 6+
    Studs ........................ 6+
    Rings ........................ 10+
    Bracelets .................... 18+
    Necklaces .................... 30+
    Weddingbands ................. 200+
    Heirloom ..................... 35+
    Heirloom: brooch ............. 250+
    Wands ........................ 75+
    Crowns ....................... 150+
    Heirloom: circlet ............ 60+
    Heirloom: armband ............ 60+

(copy/pasta'ing the comms list cause I'm lazy).

I remember rings, bracelets, necklaces, brooches, wands and crowns. Is that it?
    Should be able to do all the heirlooms too; I've got an enchanted armband.

Either trinkets or baubles (I forget which) can get a Powerful Mind enchantment (it is used for curing debate afflictions).  It's the only enchantment it can hold.
  • @Xenthos Thank you! And I almost think that was baubles, now that you mention it. I'll check it though, not sure.
  • Since I'm reading AB FORGING MASTERARMOUR:
    The AB file says that if I make a second set of masterarmour, the original is destroyed.

What happens if the original has a rune on it? Does the rune reset, unattached, to me later, saving me the cost of pliers? Does the imbuing fail? Surely the runes are not destroyed, nor can I imagine they magically transfer to the new armour.
    That AB predates being able to put runes on your armour as well.  I've never tried it, but I would suspect the runes would just pop into your inventory (might need to wait for reset time, though).  If that's the case, I suspect that the "saving the cost of pliers" is an unintended oversight.

I'm not really willing to test it though, for some reason. :D
  • edited April 2017
    Ejderha said:

What happens if the original has a rune on it? Does the rune reset, unattached, to me later, saving me the cost of pliers? Does the imbuing fail? Surely the runes are not destroyed, nor can I imagine they magically transfer to the new armour.
    The old armour is marked as an artifact if it's runed, so it will return to you after about an hour. It will not however be unmarked as masterarmour, and this is to be considered a bug (which should be fixed shortly).
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • Ianir said:
    Ejderha said:

The old armour is marked as an artifact if it's runed, so it will return to you after about an hour. It will not however be unmarked as masterarmour, and this is to be considered a bug (which should be fixed shortly).
    So I would end up with the new armour as masterarmour, and the old armour, no longer masterarmour, but still an artifact with attached runes. That seems like a logical result, although I had secret hopes of bypassing pliers. Like @Xenthos I was not willing to test it...  :D Thanks!
  • edited April 2017
    @Mrak
    Thanks for the info

EDIT: Muckle is like so freakin random though, you just fail due to random bad luck constantly.

• I'm really confused, sorry. Is the Serenwilde epic quest being removed? It was just fixed but now a vital part of it has been removed, apparently deliberately (no colts = no moonglory).

I'd just really like to know if I can stop wasting my time with this. :/
  • Aesyra said:
    I'm really confused, sorry. Is the Serenwilde epic quest being removed? It was just fixed but now a vital part of it has been removed, apparently deliberately (no colts = no moonglory).

I'd just really like to know if I can stop wasting my time with this. :/
    I'm sure if something vital was changed for it, a workaround for that portion was added in. Perhaps you should speak to one of the existing mobs about one of the items you needed the missing mobs for.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • Veyils said:
    @Mrak
    Thanks for the info

EDIT: Muckle is like so freakin random though, you just fail due to random bad luck constantly.

Have fun at Dramube!
  • Xenthos said:
    Should be able to do all the heirlooms too; I've got an enchanted armband.

Either trinkets or baubles (I forget which) can get a Powerful Mind enchantment (it is used for curing debate afflictions).  It's the only enchantment it can hold.
    Baubles. Trinkets is needles.
  • Does the dowsing crystal take bal/eq to use?
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Breandryn said:
    Does the dowsing crystal take bal/eq to use?
    if memory serves, then yes.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • From HELP SPLENDOUR:

The fit of a splendour outfit is such that only the tailor it is made for can wear it.

From HELP ARMOUR:

- Splendour robes: 16% damage reduction. This armour can be worn by anyone, but will only provide great robes-level defense for non-tailors.

Can someone please clear up this contradiction?
  • Is there a public Lusternia discord?
  • Kerith said:
    From HELP SPLENDOUR:

The fit of a splendour outfit is such that only the tailor it is made for can wear it.

From HELP ARMOUR:

- Splendour robes: 16% damage reduction. This armour can be worn by anyone, but will only provide great robes-level defense for non-tailors.

As in, wearing them while you've forgotten tailoring won't be any better than regular robes.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Tavon said:
    Is there a public Lusternia discord?
    Sure is! @Tavonhttps://discord.gg/hkNkyMJ

• does anything significant happen re: firebreath when a dracnari eats the fireball goop candy?
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Which god invented cats? Not lions and tigers, but little domestic fuzzballs.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Ostensibly it was either also Aslarn or Bollikin. House cats are explicitly called out as a presentation of Furrikin (though I've not seen any)
  • Tamsin said:
    Kerith said:
    From HELP SPLENDOUR:

From HELP ARMOUR:

As in, wearing them while you've forgotten tailoring won't be any better than regular robes.
    Ah, so if I, being a trans tailor, sewed a set of splendour robes and sold them to a non-tailor, the person wouldn't be able to wear them? (Wanted to find out before I go stocking the shop with something nobody can use.) If so, I feel like the wording of HELP ARMOUR could be a made clearer.
  • Kerith said:
    Tamsin said:
    Kerith said:
    From HELP SPLENDOUR:

From HELP ARMOUR:

Ah, so if I, being a trans tailor, sewed a set of splendour robes and sold them to a non-tailor, the person wouldn't be able to wear them? (Wanted to find out before I go stocking the shop with something nobody can use.) If so, I feel like the wording of HELP ARMOUR could be a made clearer.
    Yes, not only can you sell bogus robes, the only way to tell is to weaponprobe for enhancement slots. -_- I've sold like 5 splendours by mistake. 
  • Breandryn said:
    Kerith said:
    Tamsin said:
    Kerith said:
    From HELP SPLENDOUR:

From HELP ARMOUR:

Yes, not only can you sell bogus robes, the only way to tell is to weaponprobe for enhancement slots. -_- I've sold like 5 splendours by mistake. 
    OMG seriously? :worried: I'm glad I asked first instead of just trying it!