Simple questions?

Comments

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    It was Lorella who awakened the Lion Spirit, but no real mention of others besides that. I would agree Bollikin seems the most likely for "house cats".

New question!

How do tattoos/tattoo armour interact with aethersuits?

• As a non-acrobatics user is there any point at all in wearing great robes or even splendours?
  • Aesyra said:
    As a non-acrobatics user is there any point at all in wearing great robes or even splendours?
    Splendours can be nice for influencing, otherwise only if you are a keph
  • I just bought some artifact runes (health, fire damage) and they're giving me 5/13 on bodyscan, while the ashop description only shows 3/13?
  • It should say 5/13!
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • So bodyscan is right, ASHOP is wrong? Alright then.
  • Superior is 5/13 but yea I see there is a typo in the ashop
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Tavon said:
    I just bought some artifact runes (health, fire damage) and they're giving me 5/13 on bodyscan, while the ashop description only shows 3/13?
    They started out at 3/13.  Some people (like me) complained incessantly that the runes were too expensive for the benefit provided.  Instead of lowering cost, they eventually increased the strength.  In my case, at least, it worked; I had refused to buy any because of the perceived value-to-cost disparity, once they were buffed I kind of splurged.  Oops.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Another trade-related question.

If you used the babbling cuttlefish and skillflex out of Bookbinding, do you lose the languages you learned with the cuttlefish?
  • Would I be correct if I thought that since you can magically out rift herbs into the appropriate location (eat, apply, etc), you should be able to do the same with Tarot and other skills?

Or is it one of those things that appears simple, and creates a rewrite?
    Is also the Shintar.
  • Nayl said:
    Would I be correct if I thought that since you can magically out rift herbs into the appropriate location (eat, apply, etc), you should be able to do the same with Tarot and other skills?

It's a thing that's been has been applied to more and more things but definitely isn't true for everything yet. I think it's a solid QoL goal for the next iteration of envoys to have.
  • Nayl said:
    Would I be correct if I thought that since you can magically out rift herbs into the appropriate location (eat, apply, etc), you should be able to do the same with Tarot and other skills?

Im not sure if its been requested just yet but I think its in the pipeline.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    That one in specific has been envoyed already and just hasn't yet been implemented.  Report 1626. 
  • Enyalida said:
    That one in specific has been envoyed already and just hasn't yet been implemented.  Report 1626. 

Is there anyway you can append a little note onto an existing report? Like asking to make ecology smudges not require outrifting as well?
  • Malarious asked Gaudi what sort of QoL things we could think of to reduce combat spam. The tarot outdecking was one suggestion. Skin for transmology was another *hopeful*
  • Breandryn said:
    Malarious asked Gaudi what sort of QoL things we could think of to reduce combat spam. The tarot outdecking was one suggestion. Skin for transmology was another *hopeful*
    - Wiping venoms should not display to room
    - Envenoming should not display to room (I -think- you don't see what other people envenom with anyway, so it's useless info)
    - For monks to get only one "you don't see x here" line when a form fails (getting 3 atm).
    - Ability to config the arr-pee aff lines off. When you have config affview on you get both or all three (RP line + aff line + overhaul line).
    - Delete Tarken. He spam sips vials. ;)<3
    - Monk attacks are annoyingly spammy. Do we really need all those lines?

On the other hand I've found that obliviousness scales it down so much that I don't even see what's going on around me at all anymore. In group combat I don't find that optimal either.

• edited April 2017
    Spam in the sense of lag-causing things (player actions), not visual, sorry. Definitely agree on obliviousness. An ideal would a second skill called focusedsight or something, which just shows you what's going on with your target - who is hitting them, who they are hitting, etc. And even more ideal ideal would be a third option called like I dunno keensight, where you focus a target but also see important room messages like the starts of instas, tumble starts, a toading, entry/exit, things that would make you want to switch targets.
  • Two questions!

First: @Ianir With factions coming out soon, how are the chances that we will be able to trade mage and druid beasts?

Second: @Everyone Is there a way to destroy what an artisan built, with or without getting comms back?
  • edited April 2017
    First: Hopefully, never. You want my precious Crows you can be one first[if you want to collar it and then leave,well nothing I can do about that].

Second:Isn't there a Penultimate ability in the Arts skill called Destroy It takes down pictures and statues?
     Plus whatever Critique does....

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Tylwyth said:
    First: Hopefully, never. You want my precious Crows you can be one first[if you want to collar it and then leave,well nothing I can do about that].

Second:Isn't there a Penultimate ability in the Arts skill called Destroy It takes down pictures and statues?
     Plus whatever Critique does....

Destroy only works on paintings/statues, I think
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    edited April 2017
    Tirah said:

Second: @Everyone Is there a way to destroy what an artisan built, with or without getting comms back?
    I swear there was an ability called Deconstruct or something similar in the Artisan skillset that allowed you to do that, but I don't see it in the wiki and am not an Artisan so I can't verify.  :/

EDIT: In fact, I'm -positive- that it's possible. I have flashbacks of random big burly men coming in and smashing furniture to pieces, cleaning it up, and leaving.  :s

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Vivet said:

How do tattoos/tattoo armour interact with aethersuits?

As aethersuits act as armor, they disable tattoos armor and the benefits from kata tattoos. Which is why Aethergears were instituted. They may not be as interesting in appearance as the aethersuits themselves, but you can attach them to leather armor(which is the only sort you can use without losing the monk specific benefits to tattoos) to get the various benefits of the aethersuit modules. With the only exception being the master and slot modules not being available.
  • edited April 2017
    Aethersuits kinda suck for tattoo monks. Like with every other class and skill combo aethersuits provide the best armour possible assuming they are upgraded. But for monks with tattoos 18% reduction gets dropped down to normal robes. Aethersuits are great for class flexers except for tattoo monks. I kind of think the suits should give tattoo level resistance when worn by tattoo monks. This would be a nice thing to fix for qol for any of the new envoys once they go in.
  • Veyils said:
    Aethersuits kinda suck for tattoo monks. Like with every other class and skill combo aethersuits provide the best armour possible assuming they are upgraded. But for monks with tattoos 18% reduction gets dropped down to normal robes. Aethersuits are great for class flexers except for tattoo monks. I kind of think the suits should give tattoo level resistance when worn by tattoo monks. This would be a nice thing to fix for qol for any of the new envoys once they go in.
    Basically, owning an aethersuit with upgrades now means I would never consider learning monk.
  • edited April 2017
    So, I am a warrior who wants to flex monk. I can afford a cord (goop), tritrans, and the unfortunate amount I have to pay for moving runes around. I will not be able to afford trans tattoos. I also have an aethergear shouldercannon which I would like to have available to both flex setups. Similarly, I would like my tattoos to be useful for both setups.

Although I am sacrificing some damage resistance, it seems like an aethersuit with master upgrade I could attach the gear to (and then just having a more offensive tattoo set like Lerad suggested) would be of benefit in this situation. Otherwise, I guess I could attach the gear to a non-chest leather piece and still wear it as a warrior (is this even possible? Or does it have to attach to the chest piece?). I am a flex newb though, and I have gone back and forth on this. 

I should also mention that I could eventually trans tattoos - should I plan for that now and do something other than an aethersuit?

edit: all of the above is based on taking Acrobatics. Am I correct that if I go PsyMet instead I can wear my plate, saving hundreds of dingbats on the suit (300? HELP AETHERSUITS only prices the upgrades) and 225 credits in pliers, plus no need to trans tattoos? That's a hefty price to pay for the difference in two skill sets.
  • Would be awesome if the master module could note things like, tattoos armour being up or the wood armour thing being tuned to extra armour.

But I just take mine off unless I'm set for extra damage.
  • Yes, if you stay psychometabolism then you'll be able to continue wearing your armour.
  • @Ejderha IF you are able to changeling race you could go kephera as acro monk and get a 16% reduction. Zenobia is also up so you get that bonus on top. Trans tattoos is only 18% + you get a basically useless trade skill. If you do neither you get 14% from tattoo armour in any case (no need to take tattoos as trade skill at all for tattoo armour, it's a kata skill).
  • Aesyra said:
    @Ejderha IF you are able to changeling race you could go kephera as acro monk and get a 16% reduction. Zenobia is also up so you get that bonus on top. Trans tattoos is only 18% + you get a basically useless trade skill. If you do neither you get 14% from tattoo armour in any case (no need to take tattoos as trade skill at all for tattoo armour, it's a kata skill).
    Thank you for the response @Aesyra . If I have an Aethergear, I can attach it to leather armour and keep the tattoo bonus, right? I guess if I attach it to something I can also wear with my plate when I flex back to warrior that could work.