Simple questions?

Comments

• Huh, so at some point during the guild/faction transition I became classless, and just now learned of this(while checking CGWHO). @athree helped me find CLASSES to pick a class.
    Is this true of everyone who was in the old style guild? Or did it just happen to some of us, BUG style?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Everyone was made "classless" when moving to the new system. It is stated in announce post 2727 to use the CLASSES and CLASS SELECT commands to do a one-time switch to the new system.

• Oh, i thought that was just a bug that affected some people. OK. good to know....

• edited May 2017
    Password correct. Welcome to Lusternia.
    Your last login was from domain: [redacted].

*** You have 2 unread message(s). ***
    *** You have 2 items decaying within 5 months ***
    A starlit garden gazebo.
    Superimposed over this location, an ethereal forest reaches up to the sky.
    You see a single exit leading south.
    (p) 5140h, 7780m, 6900e, 10p, 23280en, 23280w, 100em Bex-
    Lacking any way to fly and any support, you plummet to the earth below you!
    (p) 5140h, 7780m, 6900e, 10p, 23280en, 23280w, 100em Bex-rm
    Message #222 sent by (system) (received: 2017/05/26 22:39:29)
       Your divine ego blessing expires.
    (p) 5140h, 7780m, 6900e, 10p, 23280en, 23280w, 100em Bex-
    You plummet head first into the ground with a sickening crunch.
    You are afflicted with damagedskull.
    You are afflicted with concussion.
    (p) 3244h, 7780m, 6900e, 10p, 23280en, 23280w, 100em Bex-

What might have caused this? I was definitely not flying when I logged out.

EDIT: Apparently it's a bug. Thanks, @Ianir.
  • FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    It's a bug that gets 'fixed' every time but somehow creeps back in every once in a while.
  • Whats the difference between the dingbat item

483  A burnt orange mechanical kite

and

448  A pair of aviator's goggles

They both alert you to flying above, do they do it in a different way?

• AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    @veyils the kite will fold itself as soon as you go inside and you have to reelease it, costing, balance. The goggles always work.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Lerad said:
    Everyone was made "classless" when moving to the new system. It is stated in announce post 2727 to use the CLASSES and CLASS SELECT commands to do a one-time switch to the new system.
    @Ianir I have a question. What will happen if I wait until the new monks come up to CLASS SELECT?

• edited May 2017
    Orti said:
    @Ianir I have a question. What will happen if I wait until the new monks come up to CLASS SELECT?
    Well, certain quests will become unavailable if they're based on class (if you're a nihilist or celestine, you need a class selected to form bonds when bringing in supplicants/spikes, and you need to be a knight class to do the cavalier stuff at all, for example.)

You will also get me glaring at you for trying to abuse the system, and I'm told by a very reliable source that my glaring can be scary sometimes (and cause uncontrollable laughter the other 95%).

Being honest, when things happen, I'll be looking into the ability to switch without a classflex cost for a limited time anyway. No promises I can do that, but I'd like too encourage people who might not have tams or 3 million lessons to switch if they want to.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • Ianir said:
    Orti said:
    Well, certain quests will become unavailable if they're based on class (if you're a nihilist or celestine, you need a class selected to form bonds when bringing in supplicants/spikes, and you need to be a knight class to do the cavalier stuff at all, for example.)

You will also get me glaring at you for trying to abuse the system, and I'm told by a very reliable source that my glaring can be scary sometimes (and cause uncontrollable laughter the other 95%).

Being honest, when things happen, I'll be looking into the ability to switch without a classflex cost for a limited time anyway. No promises I can do that, but I'd like too encourage people who might not have tams or 3 million lessons to switch if they want to.

I don't mean to abuse the system. I've been away from the game for a long time and I don't mind waiting time for the monks to come out.

• Orti said:

I don't mean to abuse the system. I've been away from the game for a long time and I don't mind waiting time for the monks to come out.
    That was mostly me attempting to have a sense of humour and failing, sorry. My advice is to work without the monks for now - we don't have a planned release date at the moment.
  • Ianir said:
    Orti said:

That was mostly me attempting to have a sense of humour and failing, sorry. My advice is to work without the monks for now - we don't have a planned release date at the moment.
    Aww. I didn't mean to make you feel bad. I'm just returning and I'm not used to your humor :(

If anything, I have a thick skin and a big sense of humor. I just don't know how to gauge you yet. Like Estarra with that amazing sharp wit I know how far I can tease~!

Thank you for the answer!

• Was the old guild novice waiting period wrapped into the collegium?

For some reason I and others have the impression that it was but I can't find a matching announce
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Saran said:
    Was the old guild novice waiting period wrapped into the collegium?

For some reason I and others have the impression that it was but I can't find a matching announce
    I was told that there is no more guild-novice-period.  It's all just the Collegium now.
  • Xenthos said:
    Saran said:

I was told that there is no more guild-novice-period.  It's all just the Collegium now.
    Yeah, just for some reason I have this strong impression that after they do all the collegium tasks there's still a period that they're in the collegium now. But it's not connected to their guild.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Saran said:
    Xenthos said:
    Saran said:

Yeah, just for some reason I have this strong impression that after they do all the collegium tasks there's still a period that they're in the collegium now. But it's not connected to their guild.
    It doesn't particularly matter how long they stay in the Collegium, it seems-- I was also told that there is no more limitation on being able to specialize because the guild novice period is gone (that used to be the gate on whether or not you could learn to Master/specialize).
  • Xenthos said:
    Saran said:
    Xenthos said:
    Saran said:

It doesn't particularly matter how long they stay in the Collegium, it seems-- I was also told that there is no more limitation on being able to specialize because the guild novice period is gone (that used to be the gate on whether or not you could learn to Master/specialize).
    It's not about skills. It's more if there's a period following the mechanical collegium progression, that could be used for other stuff.
  • Yes, there was a collegium status, and a guild novice status. They were separate, and the latter would not start until the former was complete (pretty sure about this), either by completing the 6 college quests or by waiting it out. After which, novicehood will begin can only be waited out, or manually promoted via a undersec or above. I mean, I could be remembering wrongly, but I have a strong impression that it was one after another.

I think it's possible to be a college person without being a guild novice (join city/commune for the first time, automatically a college person, but get inducted as a full member in the guild, and you skip the novicehood period). But not 100% sure about that.

Currently, there is no such thing as a guild novice status anymore - it's collegium and finish. All members of the guild start at GR1, newbies or not.

• Lerad said:
    Yes, there was a collegium status, and a guild novice status. They were separate, and the latter would not start until the former was complete (pretty sure about this), either by completing the 6 college quests or by waiting it out. After which, novicehood will begin can only be waited out, or manually promoted via a undersec or above. I mean, I could be remembering wrongly, but I have a strong impression that it was one after another.

I think it's possible to be a college person without being a guild novice (join city/commune for the first time, automatically a college person, but get inducted as a full member in the guild, and you skip the novicehood period). But not 100% sure about that.

Currently, there is no such thing as a guild novice status anymore - it's collegium and finish. All members of the guild start at GR1, newbies or not.
    I... am aware, I have been playing this game for a little while now.

Yes, there is no guild novice status, what I am asking is if that time has been appended to the collegium.
  • edited May 2017
    The new "Alumni" period is not related to guild novicehood in any way. It was a bit of a workaround to basically count people with <50hours of playtime as part of the collegium in a way to allow the MoE to help support newbies rather than just end that support at level 30 and graduate.
  • Saran said:

I... am aware, I have been playing this game for a little while now.

Yes, there is no guild novice status, what I am asking is if that time has been appended to the collegium.
    Ahh. Totally misread your original post. It sounded like you were asking whether the old collegium/novicehood time waits ran concurrently ("old... wrapped into") or not.

• How do you cancel iron elite? Can't find anything on credits part of website.
  • edited May 2017
    Breandryn said:
    How do you cancel iron elite? Can't find anything on credits part of website.
    Cancelling your membership:
    PayPal: You can cancel your membership at anytime by logging into PayPal and
    cancelling the membership. If you are having trouble with that, feel free to email
    jeremy@ironrealms.com for assistance.

Credit Card Processor: You can cancel your membership online at http://www.lusternia.com/credits?page=cancel

The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • A couple of questions about Knight combat:

What's the current feel of Knights after all the combat overhauls?
    Is it still slanted towards AL or are PB and BM strong contenders?

• Orti said:
    A couple of questions about Knight combat:

What's the current feel of Knights after all the combat overhauls?
    Is it still slanted towards AL or are PB and BM strong contenders?
    Post overhaul knighthood is an attrition style of combat - long building wounds to a kill, but if the opponent does not escape/hinder/parry you well, they WILL eventually die (more or less). Unfortunately, in most meaningful combat (aka group combat), there is no time to build attrition kills. Knighthood vital and affliction pressure are mediocre at best, and reliant on notoriously unreliable poison.

I think most people end up as Cavaliers (largely for Pincharge) or Axelords (Opencavity and Hack). Pureblades get some play (Impale and Decapitate are good in groups). Everyone I know who has been a Bonecrusher or Blademaster has either flexed away from it, or stopped PvPing. 

I have only played Pureblade myself post-overhaul, and these opinions are largely based on my personal perspective of who plays what. So, grain of salt.
  • Is there a list anywhere, or could someone tell me what questlines give what curios? I'd like to start building the snake and torture sets but I'm a little lost!
  • edited May 2017
    Hegemone said:
    Is there a list anywhere, or could someone tell me what questlines give what curios? I'd like to start building the snake and torture sets but I'm a little lost!
    Only a few curio collections can be obtained through quests, and they aren't the ones you want. Quest curio collections include: Vernal, Soulless, Waystation, Iceangel, and Forsaken.

To get Snake or Torture curios, you'll have to buy and/or trade for them.
  • Mrak said:
    Hegemone said:
    Is there a list anywhere, or could someone tell me what questlines give what curios? I'd like to start building the snake and torture sets but I'm a little lost!
    Only a few curio collections can be obtained through quests, and they aren't the ones you want. Quest curio collections include: Vernal, Soulless, Waystation, Iceangel, and Forsaken.

Thank you!
  • edited May 2017
    Mrak said:
    Hegemone said:

Well, flame of the damned can give you excoro damage type I think?
    I know one......monk, I think, who uses that. So it depends on the person/class.

• I think, technically, you can build Snake and Torture (or any kind of curio set, actually) by doing the quests available in the game and then rubbing the resulting curio pieces (hopefully one that you need will eventually pop up).
    WHY WE FIGHT
    Accountability is necessary.