Simple questions?

Comments

• Aesyra said:

.. I have this attachted to an energy cube of mine. However when I recharge my cube from another cube, I certainly do not get those 25% extra. How those that work? Or does it?

On cubes, it only gives the bonus when filled by an enchanter (using powerstones). If it worked off other cubes, you could just infinitely create charges by feeding off each other.

Same deal for kegs with alchemy.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    ... if it gave +25% when transferring, would never need an enchanter again.  Just rune two cubes and pass charges back and forth until both are max. :p

The bonus is when actually enchanting the cube, so I put my powerplexes into my own enchanted cube instead of buying from shops most of the time.

Works the same on a keg, the bonus is applied when filling (so if you brew 100 sips you get 125 in the keg).
  • edited June 2017
    Edit: nevermind, the answer was given but I missed it because I forgot to change the page.

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Maligorn said:
    Any word for being able to give domoth sceptre blessings to sileni and nagasith?
    Bunp. @Ianir , @Estarra .

• edited June 2017
    @Maligorn Haven't had a chance to look at it. Been on holiday the last two weeks. I'm officially back monday, I'll check then
  • Do master sketch seals only work for paintings and statues, or does 'sculptures' refer to miniature figurines as well?

• AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Hegemone said:
    Do master sketch seals only work for paintings and statues, or does 'sculptures' refer to miniature figurines as well?

If you ask whether the sealed sketch can be used to make figurines of it, then the answer is yes to my knowledge.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • At about 0:00 server time on 6/19 (I can currently see this at the top of POWERLOG 0 6) we have a bunch of duplicate entries for Domoth and Wildnodes power generation. Was this power actually added multiple times, or was it only counted once?
    Mrak said:
    At about 0:00 server time on 6/19 (I can currently see this at the top of POWERLOG 0 6) we have a bunch of duplicate entries for Domoth and Wildnodes power generation. Was this power actually added multiple times, or was it only counted once?
    Pretty sure that's the day we hit the rollback, but I think the powerlog is generated / displayed separately so it's reporting something that didn't actually happen.  We should have ended up just getting the one set that happened at 00:17 (note the longer gap between that one and all the others).
  • Thanks. That's consistent with my records and math, but because I don't have very many timestamped records of the Nexus's current power I wanted to check. 
  • Is there any way to configure the music not to come on when you log on - I swear i jump every time
  • Anyone know what this emote's syntax is?

You begin taking several quick steps to a lively rhythm: pa pa pum, pa pa pum, pa pa pum. As you
    step you turn, hips swaying, arms coming to rise above your head with a turn of your wrists.

The cool night-time breeze shivers in the arid caress of the streets of the capital city, brushing the earthen taste of dust across your lips.
    A blessed silence falls upon the city for the moment, most activity confined to the towers and the
    theatre due to the snowy weather.
    Pinprick points of light twinkle in the deep black overhead, their brightness full of a cold,
    hungering malice.
  • That would be the chacha
  • As of CHANGELOG 819, EMOTIONLIST is searchable by text in the emote, so you can quickly answer that question in the future by doing something like EMOTIONLIST PA PA PUM.
  • edited June 2017
    Google Fu revealed this old promo from April 2008, I'm curious. What were those refillable cocktail glasses? I just remember Dingbats being released.  

@Estarra, @Ianir

'A special language you cannot otherwise learn or a bottomless vial in Imperian; a Sceptre of Aqueous Mastery or a personalised stationery kit in Achaea; magically refilling cocktail glasses or a travelling trunk in Lusternia; a clarion eyeglass or a mantle of dissolution in Aetolia; these and many more bonuses are available this month. Visit each game for details.'

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • Maeko said:
    As of CHANGELOG 819, EMOTIONLIST is searchable by text in the emote, so you can quickly answer that question in the future by doing something like EMOTIONLIST PA PA PUM.
    Oh yeah, I know. However it wasn't listening for me. Maybe it was just because I was super tired.
    The cool night-time breeze shivers in the arid caress of the streets of the capital city, brushing the earthen taste of dust across your lips.
    A blessed silence falls upon the city for the moment, most activity confined to the towers and the
    theatre due to the snowy weather.
    Pinprick points of light twinkle in the deep black overhead, their brightness full of a cold,
    hungering malice.
  • Will there be an ikon market like the curio market?
    I guess that would depend on how reusable the code for the curiomarket is... if it has to be done from the ground-up again, I'm guessing it's unlikely (at least any time in the near future) with the sheer number of things they have on their plate already.
  • Anita said:
    Will there be an ikon market like the curio market?
    Yeah, very unlikely. As Xenthos said, it would require an entirely custom system just for ikons, and beyond consuming them, the actual use of them is really limited to just a few people who enjoy Psychodrama (or enjoy the easy rankings, not sure which, but I don't judge).
  • FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    edited June 2017
    The psychodrama meta is really boring and RNG-based, which doesn't help it much.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Falaeron said:
    The psychodrama meta is really boring and RNG-based, which doesn't help it much.
    I think this is a bigger problem. I still like them as collection items, so I do get on the rankings when I think about it in case I can get a new one. But I feel somewhat like the best gestalt and action each turn is always the same, and it hasn't interested me as a game since I figured that out.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • I haven't kept up with some changes over the years, one of which is with pipes: is steam the only pipe that's needed or are there any uses to the old pipes with coltsfoot, myrtle and faeleaf?
  • Technically no. You only need one pipe. But if you use mm it breaks if you don't have four.
  • Ianir said:
    Anita said:
    Will there be an ikon market like the curio market?
    Yeah, very unlikely. As Xenthos said, it would require an entirely custom system just for ikons, and beyond consuming them, the actual use of them is really limited to just a few people who enjoy Psychodrama (or enjoy the easy rankings, not sure which, but I don't judge).
    That's fine! I know coding isn't easy, was just curious :)

another question: 
    In designs, can I use a different gemstone that's not actually a commodity and sub gems in for it? Like it'd be nice to use rose quartz for a light pink coloured jewel rather than pink sapphire or some other variant we currently have.
  • I'm pretty sure you can and that this has been done before.
    (clan): Falmiis says, "Aramelise, verb, 1. adorn with many flowers."
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Yes, this is a standard thing that people do. Iron can be used like this for non-specific commodity metals, as well.
  • edited June 2017
    @Anita From HELP DESIGN COMMS:

COMMON DESIGN SUBSTITUTIONS:
    ============================
    Commodities that do not otherwise exist in Lusternia may be substituted using the following 
    alternatives:

- other metals (i.e copper, brass, bronze): use iron as base replacement
    - other gems (i.e. quartz) or glass: use raw gems
    - obsidian: use the shells/linings of inferno beetles
    - vanilla: use spices
    - ebony: use wood commodities
    - nuts: use fruit commodities
    - deer or cow hide: actual deer or cow corpses
    - different types of rock: marble commodities
    - clay, porcelain or similar: marble commodities
  • Aramel said:
    I'm pretty sure you can and that this has been done before.

Phoebus said:
    Yes, this is a standard thing that people do. Iron can be used like this for non-specific commodity metals, as well.

Kerith said:
    @Anita From HELP DESIGN COMMS:

COMMON DESIGN SUBSTITUTIONS:
    ============================
    Commodities that do not otherwise exist in Lusternia may be substituted using the following 
    alternatives:

- other metals (i.e copper, brass, bronze): use iron as base replacement
    - other gems (i.e. quartz) or glass: use raw gems
    - obsidian: use the shells/linings of inferno beetles
    - vanilla: use spices
    - ebony: use wood commodities
    - nuts: use fruit commodities
    - deer or cow hide: actual deer or cow corpses
    - different types of rock: marble commodities
    - clay, porcelain or similar: marble commodities
    Thanks to you all :D I just wanted to make sure before I went on the rejection cycle.
  • edited July 2017
    For the new powerstone shells, do they just absorb the power from the powerstones, or do they store them directly? If they're being stored directly, do they still decay?

Looking more closely at the description, they just hold the power. Right then!
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.