Simple questions?

Comments

• Why aren't cubes bought and sold in shops? Even unenchanted ones?
  • You just cant sell them in stores, it'd be nice if you could.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited July 2017
    Same situation as with kegs.  You can't buy them as they are containers, same as cubes (Though this may have changed now that artisans can create packages - perhaps something similar could be done for cubes?)
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • I assumed that enchanted ones were just coded to act like kegs, but it'd be neat if unenchanted ones were available! Or if you could just buy the whole dang cube from the shop for an additional cost. I also appreciate the fun of having to find a crafter, but sometimes that takes over an RL day.
  • Unenchanted ones just sit in the shop rift doing nothing unfortunatly.

• can't kegs be packaged?

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I wish they could be, but apparently not.
  • ******************************** ARTIFACT #538 *********************************

Cost:
      500 Credits

Artifact Description:
      - Create up to 10 ambiances which are messages that fire throughout
        the manse.
      - Use ARCHWAY verb to setup the ambiance.
      - Use ACTIVATE <miniature>

Short Description: a miniature of a marble archway
    Dropped Description: A marble archway stands here, gleaming with a blue light.
    Extended Description:
    The small little miniature depicts a marble archway that pulses with a blue
    light. To activate the marble archway in a room in your aether manse, ACTIVATE
    <miniature>.

Category: manse
    Keywords: credits
    ********************************************************************************

Does this work like illusions? Can you config colours for the ambients?
  • Anyone know how to see the spriggans in Mornhai? Or how that quest even starts?
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Anita said:
    Anyone know how to see the spriggans in Mornhai? Or how that quest even starts?
    Assuming I haven't gone senile:

Spriggans spawn as part of doing Cimtri's side of the quest. Should be two at each of the halcyon trees in the first part of the ethereal area. But the quest looks really broken right now, so you're probably out of luck unless Marcella and I are missing something on it.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Portius said:
    Anita said:
    Anyone know how to see the spriggans in Mornhai? Or how that quest even starts?
    Assuming I haven't gone senile:

Spriggans spawn as part of doing Cimtri's side of the quest. Should be two at each of the halcyon trees in the first part of the ethereal area. But the quest looks really broken right now, so you're probably out of luck unless Marcella and I are missing something on it.
    Darn :( thanks for looking.
  • Yasei said:
    ******************************** ARTIFACT #538 *********************************

Cost:
      500 Credits

Artifact Description:
      - Create up to 10 ambiances which are messages that fire throughout
        the manse.
      - Use ARCHWAY verb to setup the ambiance.
      - Use ACTIVATE <miniature>

Short Description: a miniature of a marble archway
    Dropped Description: A marble archway stands here, gleaming with a blue light.
    Extended Description:
    The small little miniature depicts a marble archway that pulses with a blue
    light. To activate the marble archway in a room in your aether manse, ACTIVATE
    <miniature>.

Category: manse
    Keywords: credits
    ********************************************************************************

Does this work like illusions? Can you config colours for the ambients?
    It does not. You might (or might not) be able to request coloured ambients by emailing artifacts@lusternia.com. Feel free to try! They'd probably be separate from the archway though.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • Is there a config to receive a system message that shop taxes are owed when the year ticks?
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Is there a way to config which system messages you receive, or at least filter them? If not incoming idea, but I'd really like to stop getting a message every time a candy in one of my many boxes dissolves.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • edited July 2017
    If you use a reagent on a best like kikikoru can you trade that beast afterwards?

• What is the point of Design Search <*pattern*>? The readout is totally meaningless to me D:
  • Hegemone said:
    What is the point of Design Search <*pattern*>? The readout is totally meaningless to me D:
    Yeah, I think I actually IDEA'd something that would show which type each result is, so it's actually useful. Seems to have slipped through the cracks. Not sure how simple it would be to implement but maybe mention it in Simple Ideas?
  • edited July 2017
    Returning newbie here who has played the game before but didn't stick around. I was wondering if the game is anywhere near as active as it was when I played a few years ago. I noticed their was less than a dozen people online when I register and not one from my city or guild even bothered to offer help. In the opinion of other players here is the game active enough for me to actually dedicate my time and possibly money into it?
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Activity slumps this time of year, and all orgs go through cycles, but nobody but you can make the judgement of whether your time and money are best spent on this game or another.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • edited July 2017
    @Asec Gaudiguch and Glomdoring are probably on the lower end of players logged in at one time. Magnagora or Hallifax might be a good spot for you! I don't see tons of folks logged in esp. compared to Achaea or some other MUDs, but the population does rotate. It's not the same, sad, 30 people online all the time. Lots of folks to meet!
  • Also depends a fair bit on your play time and org. Mag/Halli seem to be the most populated orgs right now across various timezones with seren not far behind. Gloms going through a really really quiet bit right now but hopefully some weekend events are going to get a few more folks active once the faction overall is done.  Gaudi and Celest seem sort of semi quiet but with an ok level of people around during certain hours but kinda dead at other points.

I've been playing for roughly a year now. July is summer holidays for lots of folks but it wont get much more active than this. It picks up a little after the summer holidays are over but not really by a massive amount.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    I think Gaudiguch is the most quiet org right now.

• The game was a lot more active when I started back in... April, I think? Maybe it was only because everyone wanted to see the guild overhaul actually happen. Serenwilde has been particularly dead, though it seems to be picking up a bit. It's hard to tell from an outsider perspective how active an org is because a) you can't see all the gemmed members (which is most of them), and b) you don't know how many of the people online are actually active and how many are lurkers. There are also better times of day and days of week than others, so I'd encourage you to try different times if you're able to. Personally, I've fallen into a sort of rhythm in terms of what I do when. For example, earlier in the day, it's slower, so I can do some hunting. Then when more people show up, I can do some RP or hide away in the manse to concentrate on writing while everyone else competes for hunting grounds. Find what works for you.
  • Chirbi said:
    @Asec Gaudiguch and Glomdoring are probably on the lower end of players logged in at one time. Magnagora or Hallifax might be a good spot for you! I don't see tons of folks logged in esp. compared to Achaea or some other MUDs, but the population does rotate. It's not the same, sad, 30 people online all the time. Lots of folks to meet!
    I joined serenwilde. How do they rank in activity. When I was online they seemed pretty dead especially my guild.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited July 2017
    Asec said:
    Chirbi said:
    I joined serenwilde. How do they rank in activity. When I was online they seemed pretty dead especially my guild.
    You can check CULTURE for a rough %age distribution of players who were actively playing the previous day (looking at the Player Activity).  Don't look at the raw number though, it gets thrown off by some factors, and we don't know what exactly drives it.  Also, that's only a rough estimate for the previous 24-hour weave, so given periods in that range will have more / less per org and it can fluctuate a lot from day to day.

What time do you usually log in?  Having a specific time might work a little better.

I will also say that in Glom, we've been trying to make sure that everyone gets inducted to our OOC clan (at least, I have been whenever I see a new face around) so that people know they have a good place to ask questions and such.  Need to do something because we do have a relatively smaller number of players right now (we're always hit hard by the Summer Slump), so we need to make the ones we do have count.
  • Asec said:
    Chirbi said:
    I literally addressed this in the post immediately before this. :P
  • Kerith said:
    Asec said:
    Chirbi said:
    I saw that afterwards, I initially replied to chirbi before reading the other posts because he tagged me in his reply. sorry :P
  • Asec said:
    Kerith said:
    Asec said:
    Chirbi said:
    I saw that afterwards, I initially replied to chirbi before reading the other posts because he tagged me in his reply. sorry :P
    No problem, just making sure you saw it. :)
  • Is there a way to double the soothingsteam made when blending herbs? 
  • Do you have to wear the Medal of Profligate Inebriation or the Charm of Clangoru for it to have effect?