Simple questions?

Comments

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited July 2017
    As far as I know, yes, it needs to actually be worn, not just in the inventory.

Regarding @Anita's question, I'd hope that the Alchemy artifact would help with that, given that the spatula doubles the number of purity dust wafers.   I don't think it does though, since the gloves of mastery half the power required to make something and runed kegs are usually responsible for increasing fluids.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • Kagato said:
    As far as I know, yes, it needs to actually be worn, not just in the inventory.

Regarding @Anita's question, I'd hope that the Alchemy artifact would help with that, given that the spatula doubles the number of purity dust wafers.   I don't think it does though, since the gloves of mastery half the power required to make something and runed kegs are usually responsible for increasing fluids.
    Soothingsteam comes from herbs, so I had hoped Gloves of Harvesting would hope, oh well. Thanks though!
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Kalaneya said:
    Do you have to wear the Medal of Profligate Inebriation or the Charm of Clangoru for it to have effect?
    Yes
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Are races supposed to be capitalised? It doesn't seem to be super consistent in mobs and I have been seeing both.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Race should be lowercase, language names should be capitalized.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • edited August 2017
     -- v10705 ---
      |       | 
     [ ]-[ ]-[ ]
            /
         [+]
          | 
         [_]

-- 0:-2:0 ---
    A treacherous path.
    Vainly arranging his brilliant feathers, a turquoise and yellow parakeet with
    emerald banding preens here. Rusted iron in the shape of a thin rod lies here. 
    An archangel statuette cut from oak lies here, surprisingly intact. A thin 
    platinum rod lies here, its surface shining despite the dirt and grime. An 
    archangel statuette cut from cedar lies here covered in blood and grime. A round 
    base of white marble lies here, awaiting use. A round base of green marble lies 
    here, awaiting use. A round base of blue marble lies here, awaiting use. An 
    archangel statuette cut from ravenwood lies here, glossy and whole. An archangel 
    statuette cut from birch lies here, its wings broken. A thin silver rod lies 
    here, its surface tarnished. It surface bright despite the dirt, a thin golden 
    rod lies here. The bloodied fur is all that remains of a large mystic jackalope. 
    There are 29 corpses of a mutated, undead cave-fisher here. There are 16 corpses 
    of a deepstone rockeater here. Heavily laden with mildew, an archangel statuette 
    cut from pine lies here. Stained with dirt and blood, a thin bronze rod lies 
    here. A round base of pink marble lies here, awaiting use. A gaseous cloier 
    floats here, congealed in a balloon-like mass.
    You see exits leading northeast and south.
    A gaseous cloier emits a strange scream and charges at you.
    5760h, 5760m, 8700e, 10p Bex-
    A gaseous cloier lashes out with menacing tentacles, thousands of alien teeth
    rending apart your flesh in waves of tortured agony.
    You have been slain by a gaseous cloier.
    0h, 5760m, 7860e, 10p Bex-(sip health|read healing)
    You are dead and cannot do that.
    (p) 0h, 5760m, 7860e, 10p Bex-

(m&mf): We died.

Kind of hard for me to get a look at this thing when it keeps killing me in one hit. Can someone clarify what exactly this thing is? Feeling silly having to ask, but haven't had the problem of bumping into this ugly before!
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    @chirbi  that is the 'cloijer', an aetherbeast that exists within the aetherspace. There is some nasty quest that summons it in that specific spot, keeping away all naga's and making the lower level impassable. It needs a horde of people to defeat ( and it generally will in a few days ). Generally, if you see no naga variants on the upper levels, -don't- go to the lower level ( there's other ways into the UV )
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • edited August 2017
    Aeldra said:
    @chirbi  that is the 'cloijer', an aetherbeast that exists within the aetherspace. There is some nasty quest that summons it in that specific spot, keeping away all naga's and making the lower level impassable. It needs a horde of people to defeat ( and it generally will in a few days ). Generally, if you see no naga variants on the upper levels, -don't- go to the lower level ( there's other ways into the UV )
    I'm familiar with it in aether hunting, but was very confused seeing it wander about. Thanks for explaining! I'll start avoiding that exit. Also wow, it hits for a lot!
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    It is one of the weaker 'supermobs' (a definition for NPCs that do damage attacks which hurt less the more players are in the room with it).
  • Is there something similar to bodyscan but to see all my experience buffs?
  • Chirbi said:
    Is there something similar to bodyscan but to see all my experience buffs?
    Not at this time, but there probably should be. I have a six hour flight tonight, I'll see if I can work something out. Otherwise, I'll shove it on the list.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • Dang you're fast!
  • edited August 2017
    Is Celerity similarly doable? Not trying to pad your workload tonight.

(Honestly Chirbi and Baby Sinclair are identical, for anyone having had the joy of seeing my description you can know my shame.)
  • Chirbi said:
    Is Celerity similarly doable? Not trying to pad your workload tonight.
    In theory, yes. In practice... we'll see.
  • Thanks a million. Have a safe trip.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    What happens if someone makes a magicrown while under the influence of a truefavour, but once it ends said person drops below transcendent?  I would presume that the benefits would simply deactivate until the individual reaches transcendent rank again?
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • Thats what is supposed to happen Kagato.
  • Approximately how large is a room, in feet? Is that subjective to the area/author? What's a good rule-of-thumb for a manse room?

• Havastus said:
    Approximately how large is a room, in feet? Is that subjective to the area/author? What's a good rule-of-thumb for a manse room?
    To quote HELP 1.15.33:

Strictly speaking, wherever you are is referred to as a room. The room you are in might be a tiny space, such as the inside of the portal of Fates, or a closet, or the room might be a large vast area in the middle of an open field as far as your eyes can see.
  • Thank you both, @Ianir and @Versalean!

• Has anyone weighed the worth of storytelling especially against time lost/exp gained? Every player I've asked (folks with multiple demis even) has said storytelling isn't worth the hassle. Does anyone use it? What about during village revolts?
  • Chirbi said:
    Has anyone weighed the worth of storytelling especially against time lost/exp gained? Every player I've asked (folks with multiple demis even) has said storytelling isn't worth the hassle. Does anyone use it? What about during village revolts?
    All it does is increase the damage taken against you when performing an influence attack in exchange for 5% xp gain on finish. Whether 5s equilibrium and possibly an extra sip of bromides every few rounds of influencing is worth it is another question entirely.
  • Ianir said:
    Chirbi said:
    Has anyone weighed the worth of storytelling especially against time lost/exp gained? Every player I've asked (folks with multiple demis even) has said storytelling isn't worth the hassle. Does anyone use it? What about during village revolts?
    All it does is increase the damage taken against you when performing an influence attack in exchange for 5% xp gain on finish. Whether 5s equilibrium and possibly an extra sip of bromides every few rounds of influencing is worth it is another question entirely.
    It seems like an easy question though. Assuming a large number of the same denizen, it would take 20x influences with storytelling to net the equivalent of one extra denizen (aka 100%). At 5s eq each, that is 100 seconds of time. Unless influencing a single creature takes longer than 100 seconds or unless I am limited on the number of denizens available to influence, it would be better to save the time from storytelling and just influence more denizens.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Versalean said:

2) If you skin an artefact and then upgrade it, does it keep the skin?
    Second this question, though I would assume no given that some things change nouns (like spectacles to binoculars). I'm also curious if anyone knows offhand about credit-purchased customization sticking around for upgrades as well? Will email artifacts if not.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Probably not a simple question, but what the hell:

@Ianir or anyone else that might know: If a room or a mob does some type of timed ambient emote and no player is around to see it, does the event actually happen? Or is it the presence of the player that permits the event to happen?
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Crow Spy would indicate that the event happens regardless, you can listen to NPCs saying their triggered messages (if done via Say instead of an emote) even when nobody is around.
  • Xenthos said:
    Crow Spy would indicate that the event happens regardless, you can listen to NPCs saying their triggered messages (if done via Say instead of an emote) even when nobody is around.
    But if Crow Spy is on, somebody is around!
  • If I skillflex a tradeskill DURING a trademaster election will I forfeit my canidacy in the election?