Simple questions?

Comments

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Would appreciate the description for the mechanical spurs from Pinky if anyone has it handy.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    The spurs are set in a complex contraption of small gears and pistons that fit over the heels of virtually any riding boot. The mechanicals parts include coils of tightly wound coils that turn the boots into spring-loaded lifts. The spurs themselves extend on a narrow protrusion, tined wheels of the same ornately engraved iron, granting them a measure of aesthetic appeal in addition to obvious functionality.
    It weighs 10 ounce(s).
    It bears the distinctive mark of Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist.
    It has the following aliases: spurs.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    So regarding culture points, unpublished books don't count towards culture points, right? Because unpublished plays don't, and I was curious if it was the same or not. I always assumed that they don't, but someone else said they do count, so now I'm uncertain and want clarification.

(Paging @Portius who probably knows the answer to this.)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • edited August 2017
    Plays that don't go submitted do actually contribute to culture via stage activity. Likely, these books contribute to library activity in general but don't accumulate culture via weight and critiques and prestige. I've watched our library activity score increase doing various things, but it's impossible to track directly. 

edit: for would be directors, theatre activity is very easy to boost. Unsbmitted plays help a lot for culture score. I wish programs were visible for all recorded pieces and not just submitted ones though. I think this would make people happy. 
  • Not so simple ideas: culture logs showing the breakdown.

not so simple questions: can we get administration clarification on activity scores? They're so mysterious :blush:
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Chirbi said:
    Plays that don't go submitted do actually contribute to culture via stage activity. Likely, these books contribute to library activity in general but don't accumulate culture via weight and critiques and prestige. I've watched our library activity score increase doing various things, but it's impossible to track directly. 
    Okay yes as activity they do re: stage. Maybe not the best example. Is there "library activity" like there is "stage activity" though? I was under the impression there wasn't. #NotSoSimpleQuestions?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    To the best of my knowledge, with the understanding that this is observation and deduction, and not accounting for bugs:

There are five stages in the lifecycle of a book. Technically six if you count getting critiqued, but that's rare, and it's basically equivalent to removing the book from the system.

Archived-You've done LIBRARY ARCHIVE X, but not LIBRARY PUBLISH X. This book is in your library, and it has not been passed on to the others. It does not contribute points of any kind.

Review-You've done LIBRARY PUBLISH X. The book goes into review for 300 days, plus however many it takes for the admin to approve it. It does not contribute points of any kind.

Recently Published-Book has been approved by admin. It contributes points to current growth, recent book rating, and total book rating. This should last for one game year after the book gets approved, but it seems super buggy. Doesn't always start contributing right after approval, and current growth is so unpredictable that I just write it off as luck-based.

Published-Book has been approved for more than a game year. It contributes points to recent book rating and total book rating.

Old-Book has been approved for more than 2 (I think) real years. It contributes points to total book rating.

Prestige changes the number of points that a book contributes, but it looks like it doesn't calculate times independently. That is to say, if a book won prestige on the last day before it became an old book, I think the prestige points would only contribute to recent book rating for that one day.
    ----

If there is a separate library activity score, I have never seen it. Doesn't show up on LIBRARIES. There's cultural activity, but that's based on people being logged in and I don't think the library contributes to it at all.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Can one obtain cooking curios from baking dust? Or is it only designed stuff?
  • edited August 2017
    Oh, I'm tired and was posting from work, sorry. I meant general cultural activity, which is an actual score that exists, unlike library activity. My guess that archiving counts here was only a guess. It's a mystery score, but we do know novices count extra.
  • Mrak said:
    Can one obtain cooking curios from baking dust? Or is it only designed stuff?
    designed stuff, I believe. I've never gotten curios from dust but there have been several times when I'd be like 'I'MMA MAKE PICKLE CUPCAKES' after doing a dust batch and boom, curio piece
  • Q: How do you become a cavalier?
  • Versalean said:
    Q: How do you become a cavalier?
    There's a quest in an area just east of gaudiguch I believe
  • Sumii said:
    Versalean said:
    Q: How do you become a cavalier?
    There's a quest in an area just east of gaudiguch I believe
    First become a Warrior, then on the road south of guadi there is a place you down, alot.
    There is a quest, the Heart of Shamballa? or something. For details you can ask Xenthos, he is a cavalier[or was last I checked]. Once you complete the quest you can become a cavalier
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• >---------------------------[ Changelog Entry #984 ]--------------------------<

Entered by: Ianir the Anomaly Date: 2017-08-02 22:25:53

o Goop tradein values should not be 1/20 of what they should be.

Somebody (*cough*) got a bit overzealous with the division.

o Wonderbrazier track should now be giving errors instead of elevations.

o A super secret feature has been added to the game. See if you can find

it!

>--------------------------------------------------------------------------<

What is it?

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Tylwyth said:

>---------------------------[ Changelog Entry #984 ]--------------------------<

it!

What is it?

A red herring.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Tylwyth said:

>---------------------------[ Changelog Entry #984 ]--------------------------<

it!

What is it?

It's totally Hallimonks
  • ================================================================
    A natural stairway.
    A dark mist hovers lazily above the ground, heralding a shield shrine of Nocht nearby. Dark blue 
    berries upon a juniper bush add welcome colour in these mountain heights. Bright yellow flowers on 
    an arnica bush add some colour here. A kafe bush grows among the rocks here. Paused briefly to 
    accord her mandolin, a wandering bard hums a complex melody.
    You see exits leading north and southeast.

You say, "We shall lead you to the stage."
    A wandering bard says, "I follow no one but His Excellency, fool! Do not think I will perform on 
    your pathetic stages."
    ================================================================

Huh?

================================================================
    Below the mountains.
    A soothing darkness and the scent of Wyrden foliage suffuse the area, indicating a healing shrine of 
    Nocht nearby. Pennyroyal vines twinkle with tiny mauve flowers. A pleasing fragrance wafts up from 
    the tea bush here. His brow deeply furrowed, a thoughtful scholar paces back and forth here.
    You see exits leading northeast and up.

You say, "I will take you to the great libraries."
    A thoughtful scholar says, "Ha! You think I would waste my knowledge on the idiocy of those who do 
    not follow my Lord?"
    ===============================================================

Wh-what?

=================================================================
    Ackleberry Highway. (road).
    Pausing to rest, a mugwump pilgrim looks off into the distance.
    You see exits leading north and south.

You say, "We shall lead you to Avechna's peak."
    A mugwump pilgrim exclaims, "Do not think I will follow someone like you!"
    ===============================================================

I don't... I... what? WHAT?

• (Globglob)
  • TREMULA raised the broadcast tower of globglob to now road wanderers(bards/pilgrims/scholars) won't follow anyone but her IIRC. Though, it might be whichever org she's in instead.
     You either need a big group to go up to the tower(by putting a gravedigger on the platform and being raised up) and/or you need to get a boy to unmake all the antennae to weaken him first.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    It doesn't really need a big group, I murdered him a couple days ago on my own classflexed to Harbinger with 0 Harbinger skills coded into my system and a TDF.  If I can do it with those disadvantages I'm sure a lot of others can too.  You do have to destroy at least one antenna (which was all I managed, the second one the poor kid got himself murdered before I could manage to drop both the fishers), but if you and a friend pair up you can make him even weaker by dropping the others (each one weakens him more).

Only thing to watch for is that he does attack fast, but you can always just walk out of the room if you really need to take a breather.
  • Does anyone know whether tie dye and dip dye are allowed for tailoring designs?
  • Kerith said:
    Does anyone know whether tie dye and dip dye are allowed for tailoring designs?
    I never tried submitting something like that, but can't really think of a reason why not!
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Xenthos said:
    It doesn't really need a big group, I murdered him a couple days ago on my own classflexed to Harbinger with 0 Harbinger skills coded into my system and a TDF.  If I can do it with those disadvantages I'm sure a lot of others can too.  You do have to destroy at least one antenna (which was all I managed, the second one the poor kid got himself murdered before I could manage to drop both the fishers), but if you and a friend pair up you can make him even weaker by dropping the others (each one weakens him more).

Only thing to watch for is that he does attack fast, but you can always just walk out of the room if you really need to take a breather.
    seconding this. Solo'd it before. Might want to bring a few friends for actually fighting him, but with a bit of awareness it's doable alone as a demigod, the more antenna you drop, the easier it gets.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Tirah said:
    Kerith said:
    I never tried submitting something like that, but can't really think of a reason why not!
    Thanks. I can imagine it possibly being called "too modern"...

I guess the best way to find out is to submit a design. I just hoped the @Charites or someone else who knows might be able to answer before I potentially waste an hour of designing. 
  • Kerith said:
    Tirah said:
    Kerith said:

I guess the best way to find out is to submit a design. I just hoped the @Charites or someone else who knows might be able to answer before I potentially waste an hour of designing. 
    Does it help that I submitted a tie-dye tae'dae pie?

Not overly large in size, this delicious looking pie has been cleverly
    shaped into the form of a hearty tae'dae. The entire pie is made of
    tie-dye patterned pastry of deep azure blue and light, honey-brown
    colours, both mixing and swirling together here and there. Pieces of
    pastry have been shaped to form the features of the tae'dae, from
    rounded ears to the tips of its toes. Giving the pie an overall stuffed
    and plump look, the filling is made up of tender strips of rabbit meat
    and thin slices of apple that were lightly roasted in honey before being
    popped into the pie itself.

• Anita said:
    Kerith said:
    Tirah said:
    Kerith said:

Depends, was it approved? :D
  • Kerith said:
    Anita said:
    Kerith said:
    Tirah said:
    Kerith said:

Oh yeah, it's approved!

recipes pastries pie
    17993   Public        a chicken pot pie
    19146   Msc           a tie-dye tae'dae pie
    19150   Public        a savoury cheese and merian sausage pie
    22432   Public        cinnamon-butterscotch pie
    22465   Public        a deep dish supreme pizza pie

• Anita said:
    Kerith said:

Oh yeah, it's approved!

recipes pastries pie
    17993   Public        a chicken pot pie
    19146   Msc           a tie-dye tae'dae pie
    19150   Public        a savoury cheese and merian sausage pie
    22432   Public        cinnamon-butterscotch pie
    22465   Public        a deep dish supreme pizza pie

Oooh, thanks! Precedent is never a guarantee but it gives me enough hope to make it worth the time and effort of trying. :)
  • True enough! Might be different for tailoring designs, but it would be awesome if it did go through.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    If tie-dye turns out to be a forbidden design technique in Lusternia, I don't know why anyone plays any more.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."