Simple questions?

Comments

• Arix said:
    which fulcrux is this?

Sounds like Ashtariel's, though non-Gaudi's aren't seem to be allowed in.
    "May this be the first of many new experiences for you, Heart of the Crescendo," Czixi says, smile quirking. "The future is an exciting place."

https://estelss16.deviantart.com/, visit if interested.
  • I am a Gaudi and cannot get in
  • Oh. Thought broken mirror=Ashtariel fulcrux, guess not then
    "May this be the first of many new experiences for you, Heart of the Crescendo," Czixi says, smile quirking. "The future is an exciting place."

https://estelss16.deviantart.com/, visit if interested.
  • Lady Ashtariel's
  • What is the room-wide message shown when you fly with an aethersuit gear? My understanding is that wings show you flapping into the air - I wanted to avoid this if possible, if an aethersuit gear will let me fly without mentioning the technology in some way.

Thank in advance for answering.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    That one was @Ashtariel's fulcrux.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • edited December 2017
    Is there a way to see how many lessons you have left for the skillflexing using the Tam?

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I feel like somewhere (at the end of AB maybe? Or skillchoice list?) it shows how many lessons you have used that IC day-- but it only shows up if you have actually used any.  It resets every hour on the day change though.
  • Another question, is Acquistio not a thing anymore?

I thought it was in Cosmic-?
    It is an enchantment.  There are also artifacts that provide the same effect.
  • edited December 2017
    Yeah, I know it's an enchantment - I'm trying to do enchanting and I've learnt Cosmic where the skills are needed to enchant them.

I found it. It's in Rituals which I need to learn - nevermind!

• Why is it easier to learn how to climb a mountain than climb up into a tree? Why are you like this, Environment :(

I have climbed mountains IRL.

I fail hard at climbing trees.

Mountain climbing actually has a huge difficulty scaling depending on the mountain (some are no more difficult than a hard hike, the trail has been well-marked, etc).  Not all mountains require risktaking, especially the ones around where I live.  Poor old tired and worn down mountains.  But I hear a new volcano is forming under my feet as we speak, ready to renew them!
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    If you've already activated the sileni set, are you able to cameo out of and back into the race? Has anyone tested this?
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Eritheyl said:
    If you've already activated the sileni set, are you able to cameo out of and back into the race? Has anyone tested this?
    You can cameo out, not back in. You won't be able to reactivate until the cooldown expires on the collection.

If you want an easier way out, just reactivate though.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Yay, thanks! I have another one now, too: is there a way to print LINK in an orghelp file without, you know...calling on the link function? Having a tough time with my liquidrift scroll since RIFT LINK is the actual command, keeps making ugly brackets. Can't seem to find a help file on the syntax setup.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Eritheyl said:
    Yay, thanks! I have another one now, too: is there a way to print LINK in an orghelp file without, you know...calling on the link function? Having a tough time with my liquidrift scroll since RIFT LINK is the actual command, keeps making ugly brackets. Can't seem to find a help file on the syntax setup.
    Bug. Fixed!
  • Do censers speed up breaking, or just non-breaking taint/flood/etc.?
  • edited December 2017
    Censers give you an alternate (faster) command for using terrain abilities, and explicitly not force terrain abilities. You can do ASHOP <id> for detailed information on an artifact. 
  • You don't have to use LIGHT CENSER to get the faster terrain. You just need the appropriate censer in your inventory.

• @Maligorn and I just tested. It shaves .5 seconds off the regular command AND forcing. So it will speed up breaking a meld.
  • umm, if I have an @Ianir truefavour and an Estarra truefavour, how much total are my skills boosted, because right now i have no idea what my actual skill levels are in certain abilities
  • Arix said:
    umm, if I have an @Ianir truefavour and an Estarra truefavour, how much total are my skills boosted, because right now i have no idea what my actual skill levels are in certain abilities
    If an administrative favour (Oneiroi, Charites, anything in HELP ADMIN), sp += sp/3
    If it's a god's favoured skill (we will not release lists of these, but Estarra and I do not have these), sp += sp/2
    Otherwise, sp += sp/5
    Corollaries are true for disfavours.

This is the same for both highfavour and truefavour, and they stack. Tarot teacher, knowledge karma curse, and a gamewide skill boost I'm unsure has ever actually been used are all applied after.
    ... gamewide skill boost?  Never heard of it (which lends weight to the "never been used" theory).

Ps: Truedisfavours seem to be applied first, so it takes two truefavours to overcome (and surpass) a TDF.
  • edited December 2017
    Xenthos said:
    ... gamewide skill boost?  Never heard of it (which lends weight to the "never been used" theory).

Ps: Truedisfavours seem to be applied first, so it takes two truefavours to overcome (and surpass) a TDF.
    They're not. They're applied in the order in which they exist in the data (which is not the order in which they're applied necessarily, but it is likely). Godfeelings actually should list the application order.
  • Ianir said:
    Arix said:
    umm, if I have an @Ianir truefavour and an Estarra truefavour, how much total are my skills boosted, because right now i have no idea what my actual skill levels are in certain abilities
    If an administrative favour (Oneiroi, Charites, anything in HELP ADMIN), sp += sp/3
    If it's a god's favoured skill (we will not release lists of these, but Estarra and I do not have these), sp += sp/2
    Otherwise, sp += sp/5
    Corollaries are true for disfavours.

This is the same for both highfavour and truefavour, and they stack. Tarot teacher, knowledge karma curse, and a gamewide skill boost I'm unsure has ever actually been used are all applied after.
    Do things that depend on the total number of lessons (things like Critique from Arts...and maybe the buff from high/low magic if that is still a thing, etc) go over the max 1715 if you have a TF boosting it over the max?
    Has in the past-- it was not really feasible to disarm the traps of trackers with a TF unless you had one yourself.

That specific issue did get tweaked though.
  • What criteria do I need to meet, in order to put an image in my signature? Achaea's I'm pretty sure was just making a single post, apparently that's not enough here :(
  • Does the marauder's mask prevent smokeweb or spectacles from going off?
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited December 2017
    Nyxari said:
    What criteria do I need to meet, in order to put an image in my signature? Achaea's I'm pretty sure was just making a single post, apparently that's not enough here :(

Pretty sure you should be able to do it at Novice rank - according to http://forums.lusternia.com/discussion/29/forum-ranks/p1  you can make signatures at that rank (http://forums.lusternia.com/profile/signature ) - but keep in mind that you will have to use BBCode to do it.  HTML in signatures is disabled as far as I'm aware.

EDIT: Interesting.  I just checked my own signature settings and mine says "Images not allowed".  Perhaps they have turned the setting off completely, but allowed those with pre-existing signatures to keep them?  Bit of a pity if that is the case, given the existence of BANNERCODE in-game.  (Would need to hear something from someone like @Estarra, @Ianir or @Norns for verification)
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?