Simple questions?

Comments

• Enya said:
    Veyils said:
    Even in the past you couldn't brand someone an enemy. You just got branded when you killed something.
    Not true, the associated guilds could brand someone an enemy to their planes - or at least, the Moondancers and Hartstone could to MoonSpirit and Hart
    Yeah, I have branded people enemy to Crow(separate from enemying them to the Blacktalon Guild). 
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Stupid question, but to determine what your damage types are, do you literally have to go through each and every one of your AB files across all three class skills?

Reason I'm asking is because I've spent quite a long time (incorrectly) believing that the Stuffed Piglet curio was the answer to all my Wyrdenwood prayers, and it turns out that life isn't quite that simple.

I wonder if it would be useful for there to be a helpfile that lists the damage types in each skill. I'm happy to do the research if anyone else thinks that would be useful (and if it doesn't already exist somewhere).
  • A helpfile would be great, or even a command that took your three current class skills and collated a list of the various damage types you're able to inflict. +1
  • You can look at the wiki, it's not super up to date (as it's a massive pain to get updates) but the damage types don't change very often. Off the top of my head, Wyrdenwoods deal almost entirely cutting/poison with a bit of asphyx thrown in. For bashing at least, it's certainly cutting/poison, cutting/asphyx, or magic damage. 
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Ixion said:
    Anyone have a clue if ascension dates are going to be posted soon? Having to reserve several unknown potential weekends is not ideal.
    Not sure we are there yet; they have actually left the door open for A Twist this year.  So will have to see if there actually is a twist or if we go straight on to challenges with unresolved issues still out there.

So no, none of us players have a clue.  It kind of feels intentional to me though!
  • I heard a rumour that Ascension could only be triggered when 85% of the Basin had Unity. Just saying.
  • The roleplay event stuff seemed to hint that ascention would not be as it was previously. Could be maybe that no seal events happen or something totally new.

All just kinda hints atm so anyones guess as to what would happen.
  • Does beastmastery - chameleon hide enter/exit or just the dropped desc in-room?
  • Maeko said:
    Does beastmastery - chameleon hide enter/exit or just the dropped desc in-room?

Hides enter/exit, look and ql kind of stuff.
  • What positions are able to edit city help files?
  • Kali said:
    What positions are able to edit city help files?
    From memory, council seats and ministers.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Kali said:
    What positions are able to edit city help files?
    From memory, council seats and ministers.
    Yup, pretty much this.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • How do enchanters attach knots to robes?
  • edited January 2018
    Anita said:
    How do enchanters attach knots to robes?

ENHANCEMENT ADD <robes> <enhancement> [<type>]

For example :
    ENHANCEMENT ADD ROBEID CHARM CUTTING

You also need to hold the robes and knots while it happens. No need to drop it on a pentagram like for the other enchantments.
  • Me again, is there a way for a tattooist to look at someone's tattoos and know the powers of them rather than just a plain list of what they look like?
  • Anita said:
    Me again, is there a way for a tattooist to look at someone's tattoos and know the powers of them rather than just a plain list of what they look like?
    The Tattoos skill in Discernment gives a list of the tattoo and power (and weight)  of all visible tattoos. Gnome Tattooing Goggles (50db) allows you to see all tattoos on a person (and view the extended desc) regardless of any clothing covering it.
  • edited January 2018
    Ayisdra said:
    Anita said:
    Me again, is there a way for a tattooist to look at someone's tattoos and know the powers of them rather than just a plain list of what they look like?
    The Tattoos skill in Discernment gives a list of the tattoo and power (and weight)  of all visible tattoos. Gnome Tattooing Goggles (50db) allows you to see all tattoos on a person (and view the extended desc) regardless of any clothing covering it.
    I am forever learning - thanks very much! Trans Discernment and I didn't know about that skill. I probably should read them...

EDIT:

Me a third time!

Question: Do aethersuits work for people with Acrobatics?

I have trans tattoos/prepared skin and I'm getting 18% on armour; wearing my aethersuit with 0 modifications gives me only 12%.  Is this correct or will buying modules for the aethersuit increase the amour %?
  • Aethersuits count as robes for people with acrobatics, and plate for people without.
  • Anita said: but
    Ayisdra said:
    Anita said:
    I am forever learning - thanks very much! Trans Discernment and I didn't know about that skill. I probably should read them...

EDIT:

Me a third time!

Question: Do aethersuits work for people with Acrobatics?

I have trans tattoos/prepared skin and I'm getting 18% on armour; wearing my aethersuit with 0 modifications gives me only 12%.  Is this correct or will buying modules for the aethersuit increase the amour %?
    Aethersuits kinda suck for tattoo acro monks. Wearing it is a nerf to your armour. I really wouldn't recommend buying an aether suit until that is fixed.
  • What happens if you quit while solo-piloting an aethership?
  • Foehn said:
    What happens if you quit while solo-piloting an aethership?
    The ship is astray in aetherspace where you left. Aetherbeasts can eat it and other ships can attack it while you are gone.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Is there any way to get quickening/mass/weatherproof on aethersuits instead of knots, or are those considered "runes" for whatever silly reason?
  • edited January 2018
    Vivet said:
    Is there any way to get quickening/mass/weatherproof on aethersuits instead of knots, or are those considered "runes" for whatever silly reason?
    Enchanters can apply them, like they would to any other set of armour.
    Quickening takes 5 wood and 5 silk.
    Mass takes 10 steel.
    Weatherproofing takes 10 cloth.
    Edit: it might take a forger to do it since it's armour but its one of the two!

• It is in perfect condition.
    It provides 12% resistance to physical damage.
    The item has the following enhancements: mass, weatherproofing, quickening.
    It can hold up to 3 enhancement(s) in total.
    There are no poisons or magical effects on a metal-adorned corset trimmed in coppery lace.

someone can attach them for sure.
  • Vivet said:
    You did quickening and weatherproof for my own aethersuit.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    edited January 2018
    Ayisdra said:
    Vivet said:
    You did quickening and weatherproof for my own aethersuit.
    For whatever reason I could not put them on my own suit, though. Was I a forger instead of a tailor, then? Will need to double check once I'm back online.

EDIT: Turns out the whole issue was really it had to be Forging over Tailoring, and the error message really didn't help to specify this. Thanks.
  • Do cloaked aetherships still get attacked by aetherbeasts?
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Yes.  I believe Silentrun is what lets you hide from aetherbeasts.
  • Cloak hides you from GRID SCAN. Xenthos is right, Silentrun is to "sneak" around aetherbeasts, they'll still attack you but their detection radius becomes a lot smaller. 
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited January 2018
    So now that FAMILY DEEDS has been removed (okay it's actually still there and apparently functioning so idek about this part), and I'm just learning that it was even a thing to begin with, I'm looking at the manse that's deeded to my family...and wondering how I get it back for active members' use, exactly.

As it seems, a family needs to be made a house before any of the associated FAMILY commands can be used...so is that manse just floating without purpose until I grow my family, or what?
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."