Simple questions?

Comments

• I have no idea to what you're referring. But yeah, same idea, just a different point in the process.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Alright, who lost the Superweapon manual? It must be like programming a VCR--without the manual, it's virtually hopeless.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Daraius said:

Nah, it doesn't show up in SKILLCHOICE when I drop Bookbinding. Personally I think Tattoos should be available for anyone with Kata, since it's a lobo development that was gifted to the monk guilds. Also Master Quettle should be a Tattoos tutor.  ;;)

Ah that's a shame. Ifyou had had it even with no lessons, I think it would have worked.
  • Can you be a trademaster of several org cartels at once, provided you become trademaster when you're flexed to that trade? Or can you only be trademaster of one trade at a time?
  • When you flex out, you lose membership in the cartel I think? In either case, you no longer can TM.
  • Aerotan said:

When you flex out, you lose membership in the cartel I think? In either case, you no longer can TM.

While true, there was a changelog a while back that said this (bolded for empathis):

o If you are the trademaster of a City/Commune Tattoos cartel, and permanently forget Tattoos, you will now
       correctly lose the trademaster position.

This kinda sounds like you can be the TM of a cartel while being flexed out of that trade, but it's not exactly crystal-clear...
  • I think this is one of those cases where the changelog was referencing a bug that was achieved in a specific way that was getting undone. In this case, I'm fairly certain that temp forgetting always stripped TM, but for some reason permanently doing so did not. It happens occasionally, though most of those fell in the announce posts pre-changelog, IIRC.

I'm now not so sure, though, so back up would be appreciated.
  • edited February 2015
    Ssaliss said:

Can you be a trademaster of several org cartels at once, provided you become trademaster when you're flexed to that trade? Or can you only be trademaster of one trade at a time?

I'm TM of Bloodink (Mag bookbinding) and I flex in all skills available to me without consequences. I could be artisan or jeweler and am still able to use the design commands then submit them to the Charites, with the dormant bookbinding skill. 
    If you're not TM, your membership changes. If you're TM your membership changes too except that you keep your position and commands related to TM as well.

Edit: I'm not sure for being TM of multiple org cartels... I think it's possible.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Mechanically it's impossible to contest to head a new cartel when you already hold a TM position of an org cartel.

However, at one point Faragan was TM of 3 Celest cartels. So somehow he was able, though I couldn't when we had a lot of inactives, despite issuing myself and asking AND bringing up Celest. Got kinda brushed aside and nothing came of it. I see he only has one again now, so I'm presuming the ruling is you can only TM one cartel at a time.

Skillflexing out of your trade does not drop you as TM, never has.

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Before I buy one...how do bandoliers work? Do you drink from the bandolier, or the vials inside? And what message to people see when you drink?

• You sip from the vials, just as usual, and I'd expect people to see you sipping from said vial as well.
  • Qistrel said:

Before I buy one...how do bandoliers work? Do you drink from the bandolier, or the vials inside? And what message to people see when you drink?

A bandolier is is a strap  you put across your chest, and if has these big loops that IRL people who large ammo rounds, you've probably seen Arnold Swartzanegger(sp) wearing one in Terminator 2.
    In the game you stick the vials in one of the loops instead.

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• About artisan packaging, can we use powerstones in lieu of our personal reserves? 
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • edited February 2015
    Is there still no way to tell what elevation level you are on? (edit: talking about scaling)
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Nope.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• What is allowed to be included in a greatrobe!suit from the following list? 
    jacket, bowtie, vest, cuff-links, cummerbund, pants, shirt, belt, suspenders

• How does one get to the mornhai sanctuary witho ut a bublix/cubix?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Tylwyth said:

How does one get to the mornhai sanctuary witho ut a bublix/cubix?

There's a room in the Roc caverns called "Between a roc and a hard place". PUSH the skeleton, and a secret exit opens up.
  • edited February 2015
    During character creation, what does it mean when you get the message "That is not an appropriate name."

I think I vaguely recall that this message kept me from using the same name as my Achaea character? Though I'd be surprised if I can remember that far back.  If so though that was, like, ten years ago now and I'm not actually seeking to use the name of a character from another IRE MUD (that I know of).  In any case, my point is: maybe it's time to find a way to free up some names? I had an idea for a new character I'd like to play with but the name's unavailable.
  • Could be that the name is already taken by one of the mobs, or it's on the banned list for whatever reason.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I don't know how regularly, but no-longer-existant player names become available periodically, after suicides and inactive character deletion.

• Winnae said:

During character creation, what does it mean when you get the message "That is not an appropriate name."

I think I vaguely recall that this message kept me from using the same name as my Achaea character? Though I'd be surprised if I can remember that far back.  If so though that was, like, ten years ago now and I'm not actually seeking to use the name of a character from another IRE MUD (that I know of).  In any case, my point is: maybe it's time to find a way to free up some names? I had an idea for a new character I'd like to play with but the name's unavailable.
    It might also be the name of an existing player (not sure if there is a different message for that) and there might be code, though I don't know about names being too close.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    What's the critera, exactly, for beauty seal entries?  Are you limited only to designs that have been submitted/approved in the year between events, or can you pull back from older designs that you didn't submit for some reason?
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I'm pretty sure any design is fair game if it hasn't been entered in the beauty challenge before.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • What is this retardation effect that keeps hitting me randomly on the roads and how do I even cure it? I'm on the latest version of m&m, it does nothing. Diag and firstaid say I have no affs at all. I'm confused, and it is a really annoying something :(
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • edited February 2015
    Odds are it's the Eye of Zenos. No cure, have to wait until it moves to another area.

EDIT: To clarify, it's essentially aeon to an entire area at once. Move out of the area and you won't be in its effects anymore.
  • Is there a way to see the allow/disallow list of an arena? If not can there be?
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    It's in the arena commands, yes. Hold on, I can probably log on and play around with it.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited February 2015
    Right, so as I remember it, it works as follows:

-You do ARENA SETUP GLADE [DIS]ALLOW <foo> to allow orgs.
    -(dis)Allowed orgs show up on ARENA SHOW GLADE
    -If there are no rules evident in the show command, everyone is allowed by default.
    -If you reset the arena, it resets the permissions.

It turns out that this is documented, but under 'Cultural Affairs', and not just 'Arena'.