Wand of Wonder!

1235»

Comments

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    The real benefit of a max wand over a whip is that the wand can do any damage type. Of course, with one or two types proving far superior for bashing, most of those choices are superflous. 
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Steingrim said:

Rivius said:

Depends on your perspective. For example, at 700 cr, that's all the racehats combined, a permanent deathsight and very good weather reduction. It might be more worth it than some artis of the same price. I don't know that the damage at 7 crystals is good enough to replace your standard bashing attack yet though. I'd personally call it a good deal.

I only wish a 20 crystal wand had one or two minor utility abilities in, since the bulk of this item seems to be for bashing.

Not knocking changeself but it is an illusion so not quite as good as a race hat. It is as you say far more flexible.

Race hat is an illusion too technically, plus you can tell by looking at someone that they're a phoney by seeing their hat! Changeself's only downside is it falls on death, so you need to def up in private to keep up your secret identity.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Shifting cloak > racehat
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Changeself also drops on logout, so if anyone honors you when you're not online, it'll show your real race. Not sure if hats do this.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    edited January 2015
    Enyalida said:
    Changeself also drops on logout, so if anyone honors you when you're not online, it'll show your real race. Not sure if hats do this.
    They don't.

EDIT: To clarify. Racial hats work exactly like a changeself illusion for as long as you wear the hat. Logging out doesn't force you to remove the hat, so your changed race shows on honors.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Rivius said:
    Depends on your perspective. For example, at 700 cr, that's all the racehats combined, a permanent deathsight and very good weather reduction. It might be more worth it than some artis of the same price. I don't know that the damage at 7 crystals is good enough to replace your standard bashing attack yet though. I'd personally call it a good deal.

I only wish a 20 crystal wand had one or two minor utility abilities in, since the bulk of this item seems to be for bashing.
    You don't call truewhore light, astral fling (as escape), ressing people, and the other things it does utility? I will note that the cost of ressurection amulets cost a lot more than these wands did. So they shafted all prior owners indirectly.
    I don't think resurrection amulets need bodies, in the same room do they?
  • Amulets were soul, were same room. 

Does ress do a full ress or ress to 1 hp? What power cost does it have?  A lot of these really really strong abilities seem to be made free when they should have costs to offset how potent many of them are. 
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Wand ress requires you to have the corpse. I think it should be once an IC day if it stays that way, honestly.
    Under what circumstances can't you use astral fling? Can you use it indoors? Any plane limits?

Also, can you wondercure while prone?
  • Could ENTER 2.PORTAL and the like be made to work for wonderwand portals? The aetherplex portal periodically foils my portal plans.
  • Can the unused crystals be used for future "wonder" promos?

Can you form a wonderwand after this promo ends?
  • Ixion said:

Can the unused crystals be used for future "wonder" promos?

Can you form a wonderwand after this promo ends?

It would really be a bit much to have each promo wonder have its own item.
  • Yes, save the crystals!
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Estarra said:

Yes, save the crystals!

Yes to which? We can form wonderwands later.... or the same crystals can be used for future wonder promos? (I sold five crystals that I could've kept instead.... *sob*)

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Both. You can use them for wonderwands later and for future wonder promotions.