Question about Hekoskeri

Taken from report 968

Solution #3: Rework hekoskeri into a regular ent that you can order to attack (so it only hits 1 person at a time every 12s, like a normal ent). Reduce the time it takes to cure sluggishness down to 5-6s.

This was the most recent change accepted.

I want to clarify: Did they accept the 12s timer?  So hekoskeri passively afflicts with sluggishness every 12s?
Is sluggishness equivalent to uncurable ectoplasm + uncurable double EQ (confusion?) for 5s? Or does it last for 6s?
How many hits does it take to kill a hekoskeri normally?
Can a hekoskeri be killed in the arena (or is there another counter known?)?

Thanks
Take great care of yourselves and each other.

Comments

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    edited January 2015
    Ciaran said:
    Taken from report 968

Solution #3: Rework hekoskeri into a regular ent that you can order to attack (so it only hits 1 person at a time every 12s, like a normal ent). Reduce the time it takes to cure sluggishness down to 5-6s.

This was the most recent change accepted.

I want to clarify: Did they accept the 12s timer?  So hekoskeri passively afflicts with sluggishness every 12s?
    Is sluggishness equivalent to uncurable ectoplasm + uncurable double EQ (confusion?) for 5s? Or does it last for 6s?
    How many hits does it take to kill a hekoskeri normally?
    Can a hekoskeri be killed in the arena (or is there another counter known?)?

Thanks
    Ents don't die in the arena. I believe sluggishness lasts for 6s.

EDIT: Hekoskeri should be dying in 2 hits... supposedly, and the time between attacks is 12s.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • What's an ent?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Short for "entity". Any summonable that follows the player, such as Illuminati fleshbeasts, Celestine angels, Nihilist demons and Wicca Fae.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    I think it's short for entity. Fae, demons, angels, flesh-things.

• I always called it "entourage". Ent classes have a necessary entourage. :/

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • Riluna said:
    I always called it "entourage". Ent classes have a necessary entourage. :/
    The 'entity' usage is probably inherited from Achaea, where one class that had lots of things following it around (like a wiccan) was the Occultist, and they had "chaos entities".
  • You can't use ents as a shorthand for entourages though, as ents is plural, but an entourage can only be pluralized if you're referring to multiple distinct groups. And entity classes only have one entourage following them. 
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • The in-game command ENT was short for Entourage, I thought, since it also give you players that follow you. I think it explicitly uses the term 'entourage' too...
  • Yes, but the initial post states, and I quote "Rework hekoskeri into a regular ent". Having ent in this instance refer to entourage would not make much sense. Because despite their bizarre look, the hekoskeri is not a group unto itself. Ent can be short for both entourage and entity. In this case, it's short for entity.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited January 2015
    It's also entirely possible that "ent" comes only from "entourage," and people use it to mean "a unit/member of an entourage."

There's really no saying which is right (and it also doesn't matter, from a linguistic perspective, as long as speaker and audience have similar enough references for the word to use it in a discussion) unless you can track down the first ever use of the word.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Unless the individual in question is somehow two people, it still wouldn't work, because entourage refers to a group. Now yes, it could be accepted for someone to have an entourage of one. It seems to have entered common use (or as common as "entourage" is outside of Lusternia). But if you're talking about a single individual, then there already exist many more apt words that can be used. Follower, groupie or even entity.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    This is just my opinion, but I always considered an ent as a member of your entourage and ents plural would be multiple members of your entourage. It's slang, Lusternia lingo or what not, but I think it's perfectly acceptable to say ent/ents because people will know exactly what I'm talking about.

Can anyone here really say that they'll be confused if I said something like 'sticking my ents on them' or 'resummoning my ents back'?

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Synkarin said:
    This is just my opinion, but I always considered an ent as a member of your entourage and ents plural would be multiple members of your entourage. It's slang, Lusternia lingo or what not, but I think it's perfectly acceptable to say ent/ents because people will know exactly what I'm talking about.

Can anyone here really say that they'll be confused if I said something like 'sticking my ents on them' or 'resummoning my ents back'?
    Chances are the answer would be no, unless it's a newbie who hasn't heard the term as yet. Pretty sure the original 'ent' did come from Achaea though and Occies' chaos entities.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Elanorwen said:
    Synkarin said:

Chances are the answer would be no, unless it's a newbie who hasn't heard the term as yet. Pretty sure the original 'ent' did come from Achaea though and Occies' chaos entities.
    And we come full circle since Illuminati are somewhat derivative of Occies. Which means Esty loves us most!

When I first started playing the similarity of Wiccans to Occies struck me as being a bit 'loosely inspired by' Occies, then after taking a break and returning I saw Illuminati. That's not to say there isn't a ton of original work, thought or effort in the class or the wiccans. It is to say, that Esty loves us most.
  • I would agree. It seems like hekoskeri is far and away the best ent.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Lol
  • That or mayyybe pooka