Lusternia Website Upgrade!

We've been waiting for an upgrade to the Lusternia website for some time and finally have it! Please give us your feedback and point out any errors you may find. Thanks!

Comments

• I like it. It seems much more professional than the old one.

(Though obligatory *still not as good as the first one*)
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Very nice!

• I really like it!....You really like that Gaudiguch Picture though don't you :) heh. Good job!

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited December 2012
    I like it a lot better than the old one for sure! One thing I find is the text on those headers might need changing around a bit. For example, here the title seems to go off the readable area: http://www.lusternia.com/game/helpview/lusternia/nihilism
    The front page definitely looks more appealing and should do a lot better with first impressions than the last design.

Edit: New Menubar is more accessible too!

Edit2: What would be really cool is if the gears were animated :?.

• Rivius said:

Edit2: What would be really cool is if the gears were animated :?.
    No, please.

The site should just load as smoothly and cleanly as possible. No animations.

I really do appreciate seeing some of the old motifs from the original site, though! It's a nice touch.

• Neos said:
    Yeah, a lot of broken links on that page...
  • YAY GEARS, oh how I've missed you.

Though, echoing the above sentiments, the broken features page should be looked at quickly. Also there a few bits of odd formatting for text above certain elements [above the Lusternia Live, on the page header when you do go to a features page [paricularly when it borks and says 'Something has gone wrong' and it just trails off into the rest of the website]]

Still, it is looking much more catered to Lusternia than the last

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• New website is approximately 4 times as good as the old one.
  • I'll be working on the feature page!
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.

It's really cool! Very steam punk/industrial and city like...wait...

:-t

WHY NO FOREST LOVE?!

[-(
  • Love it, but yeah... Moar forest, please!
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    WOW. This is much better than the original new website (I had a long, long list of complaints about it). This one looks infinitely better, and if I came across the website for the first time, I would definitely stop and take a look at it.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Ssaliss said:

Neos said:
    Probably because it's a copy/paste of the Achaea page?

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Definitely better than the other one. Though I still like the original best!
  • Raeri said:
    Ssaliss said:

Neos said:
    Probably because it's a copy/paste of the Achaea page?
    Pishposh. That could never be the reason. Clearly, they've just unveiled a plan of having aetherpirates. Or they're referring to the Gnafia.
  • So, any chance of updating the Map section? Like maps for Gaudiguch, Hallifax and their planes AT LEAST?

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Hrm. We do have those new nifty xml maps though.

• Rivius said:
    Hrm. We do have those new nifty xml maps though.

Those maps turn me off. I actually used the illustrated maps as a Newbie a lot. It's so user-friendly and they look pretty

• Orti said:
    So, any chance of updating the Map section? Like maps for Gaudiguch, Hallifax and their planes AT LEAST?
    They were all player-submitted, iirc.

Feel free to submit!
  • Eventru said:
    Orti said:
    So, any chance of updating the Map section? Like maps for Gaudiguch, Hallifax and their planes AT LEAST?

Feel free to submit!

Oh, I will...

I will >:P

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited December 2012
    The image on the Credits page of the swanky-lanky man with the bird, is that just another awkward copy-over? I imagine this is just one of the 'to be changed after other things are fixed' things, just making sure it doesn't go unmentioned. Also, this is just a personal design irk that's persisted since the last makeover, but would it be possible for the ArtBard menu to not be shoved off to the side while the bulk of the main page is going unused?

Final conclusion: Absolutely beautiful. Not exactly the sort of design that comes to mind when I personally think of Lusternia, but it definitely fits with some of the recent plot developments and leaves me excited about further fun stuff. Very well done :)
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I think it looks great!

• Orti said:
    Eventru said:
    Orti said:

Feel free to submit!

Oh, I will...

I will >:P
    Someone should really take up the mapping cause.

Most of the early maps were embellished and created by Exarius, a player who's long since retired.  The "world map" was by Caffrey and he's also in retirement.  And Elyrin did the Aetherspace map.  There's a lot of room for new cartographers.

I'd love to see a more visual representation of Hallifax that takes into account the third dimension, because even with the standard maps I find it very confusing.
    [BANNERCODE]
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    edited December 2012
    I started working on updating parts of Caffrey's map a while back. I started with making Serenwilde less disjointed, and did some work on trying to make Hallifax easier to grasp, but I don't know what he used originally to draw it up, and working in MS Paint started getting painful. Anyone have suggestions?

I'd happily take it up if I knew an easier way.

• Even though I am pretty new to Lusternia, I do like that the site is updated.  It looks to be a little more professional, as well as very aesthetically pleasing.  I still think for the existing users, there should be a button instead of just a link.  That is sort of inconvenient.
  • edited December 2012
    Ooh, the music from the client, is it possible to have it being played from the website as well? And other potential music made for Lusternia?
  • MoiMoi
    edited December 2012
    I have the following (very ugly) Hallifax map. Would be viable if someone more artistic than me made it pretty. Maybe:
  • Iytha said:
    I have the following (very ugly) Hallifax map. Would be viable if someone more artistic than me made it pretty. Maybe:

Uhm, what about the roads connecting each tower? Around the Ward 4, there should be a road connecting each of the towers.

• Those are absent for the same reason the towers are absent: I couldn't think of a good way to make them fit.