Trill Reproduction

Comments

• Daraius said:

Man I guess by my own reasoning Daraius has like eight nipples.  :-<

Only if you let them happen.
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    Lets not even get started on the implications on merian reproduction. Gross.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • They just leave their eggs around and let anyone who wants fertilize them?

So... Turnus is saying all Merians are illegitimate children. Uh oh. Time for war.

• Trills are birds. Birds lay eggs.

Dracnari are lizards. Lizards lay eggs.
    Mugwumps are amphibias. Amphibias lay eggs.
    Tae'dae, furrikins, faelings and all other mammals have live children.

The viscantis are a mix of all this... the real question is: how do viscantis give birth? 
    Mitosis.
  • Ssaliss said:

Trills are birds. Birds lay eggs.

Dracnari are lizards. Lizards lay eggs.
    Mugwumps are amphibias. Amphibias lay eggs.
    Tae'dae, furrikins, faelings and all other mammals have live children.

The viscantis are a mix of all this... the real question is: how do viscantis give birth? 
    Mitosis.
    I thought they just glared at the Megalith until it got embarrassed and dropped a baby behind itself.
  • The real question is, how do liches give birth?
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I figured all proper Magnagoran ladies would order their maids to deal with that nonsense.

• They start up their ovaries using DARKCHANT BLOODRAGE -  wait, that's the heart. Bloodrage would be an entirely apt name for starting one's ovaries, though.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    I really thought that all the shard races were mammalian, even those that are feathery or scaly. Firstly because there are always boobs (you know every race has those kind of people, and I am possibly one of them). And secondly, because they all came from Elder Gods, who splintered based on Bollikin, and I kind like things being orderly and stuff.

Kephera being released kind threw me for a bit, but they are actually seriously weird anyway, sexually dimorphic, and were shards of a Primal God. Being shards of a primal excuses almost anything. But then there came dragons (dragons are shards, but can't Portal of Fate iirc) and now finks. Then there's illithoid, not sure if they lay eggs, or the larve come out as larvae?

The reason I spoke to Everiine (which is a cause for this thread existing) was that I was working on a theory that kephera and dragons laid eggs due to being primal-shards and that whatever was done to Fininkora reverted her backwards. But then people started saying 'Trill lay eggs!' 'Merian lay eggs!' and then I had a certain person telling me I was an idiot who knew nothing about biology if I thought trills had mammalian reproductive organs.

Trill did not evolve from birds. You can't say they lay eggs 'because they are birds'. You could argue that they lay eggs, because Trillililal wanted her shards to be bird-like. That I'd accept as a valid possibility.

• I'm not so much sure that 'want' plays into it. I think Trill are bird-like because birds were the thing most like Trillililal herself. They were Her creation and She made them from her own essence to be what we see as birds, so of course if She sharded it would create a very similar race.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Don't worry Qis, you weren't the only person asking about trill reproduction (which is why I found it funny).

I'm just not convinced about the egg argument. in every other way, except for wings and hollow bones, trill seem to function and look like mammals.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    Uh, wasn't Trillillial artist circle? Since when did She make birds?

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Illithoid do indeed come from eggs, you help them birth new young during their quest chain.
  • Xenthos said:

Illithoid do indeed come from eggs, you help them birth new young during their quest chain.

That is a quest that can never be unseen.
    Isn't that the one where you can crawl all up into the... yeah.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

• No. It's a quest where you need to get an illithoid breeder and an illithoid cenobite into the mood, then watch them ... then take care of the egg and child.

:)) Well, not the one I've read about, but, okay! I bet that's scarring for life, too.

• Marcella said:

They start up their ovaries using DARKCHANT BLOODRAGE -  wait, that's the heart. Bloodrage would be an entirely apt name for starting one's ovaries, though.

Hmm, shouldn't that be  DARKCHANT BLOODYRAGE?

:)
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Trill children are delivered by storks. Storks churn out the baby trills.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• edited February 2015
    Ladies, if any of you need help on learning about trill breeding and reproduction, Donato is always open to new tutoring. Let him teach you about how we reproduce ;;)

(Donato has never thought about this, but as for me, I make him just basically a human with feathers and wings. Trills aren't birds, they just look like them. Donato IS part human though. Also I call dibs on writing about this for hallifax).
    Donato said:

(Donato has never thought about this, but as for me, I make him just basically a human with feathers and wings. Trills aren't birds, they just look like them. Donato IS part human though. Also I call dibs on writing about this for hallifax).
    I agree in reference to the second part of your post. Not the first. #donotwant

• edited February 2015
    It's sort of flattering to know that this is the trill version of 'Racial rp and lore' heh. So I wrote up this essay/article I will submit to the hallifax library but people are free to read it now. I have tried to make it informative and a bit witty.

EDIT: removed due to weak stomachs.
  • Danger, danger, danger
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • Talan said:

Danger, danger, danger

Elaboration would be great you know.
  • Some things are best left opaque.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • Talan said:

Some things are best left opaque.

OK well unless you tell me more specifics then, I have to ignore your comment, sorry.  :|

Anyone else have feedback?
  • Donato said:

Talan said:

Some things are best left opaque.

OK well unless you tell me more specifics then, I have to ignore your comment, sorry.  :|

Anyone else have feedback?
    I think she's referring to Trill Reproductive habits/organs, not to her objection.

ie: It might be better not to publish that book, because it might best be left a mystery/left to players to decide, whereas if you publish the book as if it were firsthand research, the admin have to review it with an eye toward 'this is canon.' Additionally, the admin will also have to consider the implication that it would raise vis-a-vis whether OTHER races should be allowed to publish their own versions, and whether Lusternia is really the kind of place that needs a series of dissertations on various races' genitalia.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    edited February 2015
    I can never look at Trill the same way again. I just keep envisioning a naked, breastless woman with wings vomiting into the mouth of a baby and then I want to vomit and eww, trill, quit that.

(I was terrified page 2 was going to show up. Thank god it didn't, don'twannaknownopenope)