Guild Honour Tweak

SiamSiam Whispered Voice
edited February 2015 in Ideas
Hi! I'd like to suggest two things related to Guild Honour:

1.) Allow guilds to keep track of people who have been granted the guild's honour.

2.)Allow us to honour people who are offline. This comes in handy when awarding the honour to someone you can barely catch being online at the same time as you are(or even when a person has gone dormant but still deserves a guild honour). Besides, I think this requirement should not stand in the way especially if the person deserves it!

I created a separate thread so this wouldn't get swallowed up in the simple ideas thread. Cheers!
Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

Comments

• Sure, I'd get behind that.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Yes to both! Maybe even have an automatic newspost made for the guild like with leadership elections that mentions the honour and cites the reason that goes into the logs. A bit more immortal that way (and equally a news post for stripping it too).

• I'm of two minds about the automatic announcement thing. It stands to reason, as far as I'm concerned, that if they deserve the honour, they deserve the time it takes to actually write up a news post as well. Hopefully also a full ceremony, but if that can't be arranged I think a testimonial is the least we can muster. Just make either an archivist or the GA do it. >.>
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    You'd presume so. I've only given one, but I did make it a big deal with a lot of baton waving at the Megalith, but I didn't think to write a newspost about it. I just think it would be a nice little mechanic. Technically we shouldn't need newsposts for elections either, given candidates would post when they contest and hopefully also when they win a position about their plans etc....but it doesn't always happen. Thanks to the news though, we know everyone who ever won!

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    I wouldn't be averse to holding proper ceremonies either, but, you know...timezones tend to stand in the way of things, so I thought that allowing us to be able to do it(the mechanical side at least) would go a long way into improving the system. :) We can hold the ceremonies afterwards, too!
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Lavinya said:

You'd presume so. I've only given one, but I did make it a big deal with a lot of baton waving at the Megalith, but I didn't think to write a newspost about it. I just think it would be a nice little mechanic. Technically we shouldn't need newsposts for elections either, given candidates would post when they contest and hopefully also when they win a position about their plans etc....but it doesn't always happen. Thanks to the news though, we know everyone who ever won!

There are some gaps though, sadly :( I don't think it recorded people taking vacant positions properly before a certain point in time.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Please!

#bringShikariback