Wings of Wonder!

We wanted to get a second wonder item out before the month end. Let us know what you think!

Comments

• A few questions:

Is the crystals still 1 per 100 credits?

Does Jumping (I'm assuming this is for jumping over walls?), levitating, and Gust have a limit? For the levitating, if there is no limit, is it a perma enchantment then?
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    No name generation on these, or is it unlisted? That was the most appealing thing about the old ones.

I also like the Dolly quest tying into this, incidentally.

Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • edited February 2015
    I definitely enjoy the idea of receiving crystals via quest, such as Dolly.

Although, with the introduction of yet another wonder crystal item...it may soon be time to introduce other ways to get said crystals, such as more quests (difficult) or at least jeremiah selling them.

Edit: Perhaps at least available via the wheel or basic present item?
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    I would still like to know how many crystals it takes for a wand's damage to be equal to a whip's, please.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Wings or wand... I wonder...
  • I would also like to know what "Jumping" is exactly.

Overall, I like the look of wings. I do not feel the rush to get one, it adds to the game, rather than making something seem mandatory.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I'm not understanding the quest, sort of. Is it limited to one letter an hour? Ten letters (one crystal) per hour?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • it always has been 1 letter per hour. So a total of 10 hours to get 1 crystal
  • The placement of when people gain spheres seems a bit unbalanced. Any reason to not at least group the org spheres together?
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Is Wind Immunity an absolute removal of room movement reductions via high winds from weather, or just prevent you from being blown around into different rooms? Or does it only apply to elemental wind effects (ala Air Plane and Cloud Maelstrom?)

This is an important question.

• ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Should have done via for the ultimate power. Outdoors only flow doesn't seem that great in the world of scent tracking.

It probably doesn't even beat gpent.
  • Once you've received your crystal, can you continue to earn more by grinding the quest, or are you just limited to the one?
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Useful for getting into Seren Guildhalls?
  • Lorina said:

I would also like to know what "Jumping" is exactly.

Leap/mountjump/etc clone.

Portius said:

No name generation on these, or is it unlisted? That was the most appealing thing about the old ones.

They have the name generation aspect as well.
    Portius said:

I would still like to know how many crystals it takes for a wand's damage to be equal to a whip's, please.

At 15 crystals it'll be a bit higher than the whips in PvE.

Vivet said:

Is Wind Immunity an absolute removal of room movement reductions via high winds from weather, or just prevent you from being blown around into different rooms? Or does it only apply to elemental wind effects (ala Air Plane and Cloud Maelstrom?)

This is an important question.

At present (or, well, when I get the rest of everything finished off), it's currently equivalent to the Brooch of the Tempest. However, I wasn't 100% clear on what exactly it was supposed to be, and forgot to get clarification earlier, so that may yet change.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
    Wait, it's a pogo that costs just 100 credits?
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Can the quest get you multiple crystals or only one?

• Should only be able to get the reward once, as in the past.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Ok, cool, thanks! Saves me going insane from trying to do it every houre for the rest of the month. *sway*

• ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    I lied, the best part of the wings is the cheapest leap alternative equivalent ever. And now I get one for free. Time to trade in this pogo.
    edited February 2015
    Yeah, that's pretty crazy. Commune skills for everyoooooooooone!

Please remove the jump power, or make it much higher up in requirements
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited February 2015
    I think this sums things up quite nicely

Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • Enyalida said:

Pogo is the same equivelent cost.
  • Steingrim said:

Enyalida said:

Pogo is the same equivelent cost.
    yep pogo = 100 db
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Nope, if you remove the really awesome things, no one will buy them.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • ....it's like everyone forgot how easy it is to get beast leaping, and for a much reduced price than '100 credits'.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited February 2015
    Beast jumping actually has some key differences. Overall, even though the balance loss from leap is more, it's more likely to save you.
  • Are these crystals identical to the Wonderwand crystals? I.e. can the crystals from this promo also be used to create wonderwands?
  • Ssaliss said:

Are these crystals identical to the Wonderwand crystals? I.e. can the crystals from this promo also be used to create wonderwands?

yes
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Anyone own one? What do the transformation names look like? What about the description?
  • I only know that their names are more towards common adjectives and not representations of Vernals, like the previous. An example of Camb's at 20:

- Pearl wings of the sparkling syzygy -

^  Frankly I prefer this to the forms the wands have been taking, the seem more realistic. I simply cannot imagine a "Shanth's wand of Unholy Wrath", as it simply doesnt fit in with Shanth's personality and type. I dont know, maybe just me.