On the rifts of Crystal Meadow, and the pathways, and everything else along with it.

There you go. Argue here instead of Tweets. No sense in closing Tweets again.

I'm staying out of this discussion, BTW.

Comments

• Where is this?
    I looked around in Faethorn and didn't see it.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Where is what? The rift to Faethorn is permanent and goes from the valley right outside of the Peak (forget the name at the moment, which makes me feel silly, but I know it's not Lolliprin, which refuses to leave my head.), in the northwestish area of that map to, I think, right beside Backwards Avenue in Faethorn, on the northeastish side.
  • The Crystal Meadow is another section of the Ethereal Plane, separate from Faethorn.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Aerotan said:

Where is what? The rift to Faethorn is permanent and goes from the valley right outside of the Peak (forget the name at the moment, which makes me feel silly, but I know it's not Lolliprin, which refuses to leave my head.), in the northwestish area of that map to, I think, right beside Backwards Avenue in Faethorn, on the northeastish side.

Tolborolla.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • edited February 2015
    Thanks, every time I tried to come up with Tolborolla, I got 'Lolliprin' and was like, "No. Bad brain."

Anyway, Ethereal seems to be composed of:
    Reflections of Serenwilde and Glomdoring on either end of Faethorn, which is attached to Maeve's Gardens.
    There are at least two areas that are disconnected from Faethorn by any means we've found, different 'continents' within Ethereal, as it were, these are the Catacombs of the Dead (which people have been enemied to communes for being there during heated moments in Faethorn), and the Crystal Meadows. You can be summoned from one to the other, or teleported to, but there's no metaphysical way to walk between them without going to another plane first. 
    EDIT: Also the Wyrdr Glade and Daeiv ma'Mornhai, which I do not know how to access.
    NOTE: The nexus worlds are NOT rifts or on Ethereal, nor is the Spirit plane.

The permanent rifts in the game (to my knowledge) are:
    Moonhart Mother/Master Ravenwood = Prime-Ethereal(Seren/Glom)
    Tolborolla = Prime-Ethereal(Faethorn)
    Aquamancers/Geomancers in the Taeryn Passage = Prime-Ethereal(Crystal Meadows)
    Krangar's gate in Shallach = Prime-Ethereal(Catacombs of the Dead)
    The ship on Water, the airship on Air, the other two on Earth and Fire = Prime(guildhalls) - Elemental (Relevant mage only)
    Pool of Stars = New Celest - Water (Aqua) or Celestia (Celestine)
    Megalith of Doom = Magnagora - Earth (Geo) or Nil (Nihilist)
    Matrix = Hallifax - Air (Aero) or Continuum (Researcher)
    Eternal Flame = Gaudiguch - Fire (Pyro) or Vortex (Illuminati)
    As well as one rift each from Ethereal to the Elemental Planes at the archways, and one rift each from the Water and Earth to their Cosmic planes.
    The four city nexii can be used as gates to Astral as well, and a mage can transverse from Astral to their elemental plane via their nexus without touching the cosmic plane. I'm not sure about the other direction, it's been a while.

EDIT: I stand corrected.
  • Actually, I don't think Fire/Air has their rift to Vortex/Continuum yet, do they? At least not the permanent one that Earth/Water has.

Also, there's now also a third disconnected area on Ethereal: Daeiv ma'Mornhai.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Wyrdr Glade and now Mornhai have Ethereal planes as well

Isune's pre-realm used to be on ethereal, but I'm not sure if it still is

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Hallifax and Gaudi -don't- have that permanent rift. And let it remain so!

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    There's also a pathway (equivalent to the mage ones) from the Hartstone guildhall to Wisdom's glade in Faethorn, and from the Blacktalon's guidhall to Lasher's hollow in EtherGlom.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    The nexii can all also be used to go 'down' from cosmic and elemental to the prime plane, by anyone in that org.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    If people just realized that all this unweaving inconvenienced the universally beloved and adorable Hallifaxian Ambassador, they'd probably stop doing it.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Enyalida said:

The nexii can all also be used to go 'down' from cosmic and elemental to the prime plane, by anyone in that org.

---------- v19519 -----------

[+]

----------- 0:0:0 -----------
    Before the Matrix.
    Banks of clouds roil about here. The graceful, translucent form of a bird of paradise dances in the
    air, the insubstantial image shifting through a constant stream of vivid colours. There are 20
    Guardians of the Dodecahedron here. Radiating a blinding incandescence, the Matrix stands here atop
    a small fulcrum of opaque crystal. There are 20 Sentinel Deputy Commissars here.
    You see a single exit leading up.
    2427h, 2194m, 2844e, 10p, 10135en, 12548w Blrx-
    [OOC] Trader Bob says, "The credit market prices are all my fault! Vote for Lusternia if you want
    cheaper credits!"
    [OOC] Vote here: http://www.ironrealms.com/irex/tmsvote.php?id=lusternia
    [OOC] Thank you for your consideration!
    2427h, 2194m, 2844e, 10p, 10145en, 12554w Blrx-ql
    Before the Matrix.
    Banks of clouds roil about here. The graceful, translucent form of a bird of paradise dances in the
    air, the insubstantial image shifting through a constant stream of vivid colours. There are 20
    Guardians of the Dodecahedron here. Radiating a blinding incandescence, the Matrix stands here atop
    a small fulcrum of opaque crystal. There are 20 Sentinel Deputy Commissars here.
    2427h, 2194m, 2844e, 10p, 10145en, 12554w Blrx-
    You have recovered equilibrium.
    2427h, 2194m, 2844e, 10p, 10155en, 12560w Belrx-ql
    Before the Matrix.
    2427h, 2421m, 2844e, 10p, 10165en, 12566w Belrx-transverse prime
    There is no prime pathway here that you are capable of transversing.
    2427h, 2421m, 2844e, 10p, 10175en, 12580w Belrx-transverse elemental
    You place your hands on the Matrix and find the link to the elemental plane. Pulsating energy flares
    throughout your field of vision, and you find yourself tumbling through the aether pathways.
    ---------- v19765 -----------

[ ]
                / | \           /
             [ ]-[+]-[ ]     [ ]-
                \ | /           \
                 [ ]

----------- 0:2:0 -----------
    Eddies of cloud surrounding the Crystal Matrix.
    Resting within a bowl of clouds, the Crystal Matrix gleams incandescently here. Needles of ice erupt
    from the ground around a war shrine of the Frost Queen, its core structure nearly hidden from view
    by the razor sharp points. A wreath of snow falls in a violent storm in the centre of the shrine,
    casting the area in a deep freeze.
    You see exits leading north, east, south, west, and down.
    2427h, 2519m, 2844e, 10p, 10155en, 12560w Blrx-ql
    Eddies of cloud surrounding the Crystal Matrix.
    Resting within a bowl of clouds, the Crystal Matrix gleams incandescently here. Needles of ice erupt
    from the ground around a war shrine of the Frost Queen, its core structure nearly hidden from view
    by the razor sharp points. A wreath of snow falls in a violent storm in the centre of the shrine,
    casting the area in a deep freeze.
    You see exits leading north, east, south, west, and down.
    2427h, 2519m, 2844e, 10p, 10165en, 12566w Blrx-
    2427h, 2519m, 2844e, 10p, 10175en, 12572w Belrx-transverse prime
    You place your hands on the Matrix and find the link to the prime material plane. Pulsating energy
    flares throughout your field of vision, and you find yourself tumbling through the aether pathways.
    ---------- v11152 -----------
    \                           /
      \                       /
        \                   /
          \               /
            \           /
              \       /
                \   /
                 [+]
                /   \
              /       \
            /           \
          /               \
        /                   \
      /                       \
    /                           \
    ----------- 0:0:8 -----------
    Before the Matrix.
    Banks of clouds roil about here. A statue of an empyreal white falcon stands here, memorializing her
    noble spirit. There are 30 Sentinel Deputy Commissars here. The graceful, translucent form of a bird
    of paradise dances in the air, the insubstantial image shifting through a constant stream of vivid
    colours. Radiating with an incandescent brilliance, the Matrix floats within the circular walkway,
    slowly turning and revealing flowering geometric patterns. Wind whipping through his wings, Fraesic
    Sunfar, Keeper of the Matrix is here, face upturned to the chill breeze. There are 4 storm-coloured
    greyhounds here. There are 10 Guardians of the Dodecahedron here. In the shape of an open palm, a
    metallic sigil lies here. A steaming bowl of beef and mushroom sits here uneaten.
    You see exits leading northeast, southeast, southwest, and northwest.
    2427h, 2194m, 2844e, 10p, 10145en, 12554w Blrx-ql
    Before the Matrix.
    Banks of clouds roil about here. A statue of an empyreal white falcon stands here, memorializing her
    noble spirit. There are 30 Sentinel Deputy Commissars here. The graceful, translucent form of a bird
    of paradise dances in the air, the insubstantial image shifting through a constant stream of vivid
    colours. Radiating with an incandescent brilliance, the Matrix floats within the circular walkway,
    slowly turning and revealing flowering geometric patterns. Wind whipping through his wings, Fraesic
    Sunfar, Keeper of the Matrix is here, face upturned to the chill breeze. There are 4 storm-coloured
    greyhounds here. There are 10 Guardians of the Dodecahedron here. In the shape of an open palm, a
    metallic sigil lies here. A steaming bowl of beef and mushroom sits here uneaten.
    You see exits leading northeast, southeast, southwest, and northwest.
    2427h, 2194m, 2844e, 10p, 10155en, 12560w Blrx-
    2427h, 2194m, 2844e, 10p, 10165en, 12566w Belrx-
  • Luce said:

Enyalida said:

-stuff
    I think she meant going to the nexus world then to prime, which is something that can be done regardless of skill in planar.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    You should be able to enter the nexus world from any planar iteration of the nexus (except the astral, burned out version), and the nexus world always spits you back out at the prime iteration of the nexus.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    edited February 2015
    Enyalida said:

You should be able to enter the nexus world from any planar iteration of the nexus (except the astral, burned out version), and the nexus world always spits you back out at the prime iteration of the nexus.

Yeap, and it takes no balance too if memory serves or very short balance (Haven't used it in ages) so I remember using that as a shortcut for quite a long while on many characters.

EDIT: 1.3s balance, it looks like. Definitely less than transverse.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Introduce an artifact which allows rifts to be made permanent? At the discretion of the Admin of course.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I hate you all.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Since there already are permanent rifts around, it's probably not impossible to request them. You'd have to be able to motivate them very well though... I could possibly see another Prime-to-Ethereal rift being made in the SW basin somewhere, just so there isn't just one, but odds are a rift from Mag to the Meadows just so that a newbie could skip a few steps wouldn't fly.
  • The permanent rifts have more or less been there since the game's release, AFAICT. The only one that may not have been is Tolborolla, or the ones from Elemental to Cosmic that aren't Nexii. Well, and the Woodchemantic ones, which were released with or shortly after the specs themselves.
    I don't think allowing orgs to establish permarifts is a good idea, honestly. It'd be much harder to undo if the admin felt it wasn't jiving properly later on. On the other hand, I might could get behind giving orgs something that lets them protect a single rift, giving it a cooldown before it can be unwoven, with an internal cooldown on the ability itself so that it can't just be spammed/left on. Make it give the rift a flavour too, like, "limned with holy fire, a stable dimensional rift glows here." so we can tell who owns the thing.
  • Going to say it again... expand ethereal and then make permanent rifts in the expansions.

Have an ethereal desert zone linked to the fire corridor and link that to skarch, Move the earth gate to the centre of a tainted wasteland and link it to the blasted lands. An ocean linked to the seas near celest for water, and idk... some place high in the mountains linked to an appropriate zone in ethereal for air.

Also while it's lengthy to do, doesn't Xion allow you to create a rift to earth or water that, I thought, can't be unwoven, it just lasts for a set amount of time? Could the length on that be increased perhaps?
  • From what I remember it's not a rift, it's a one-way "enter" exit.
  • Even then, wouldn't that work as you'd then be able to use the nexus world to return?
  • Yes. Of course, you'd need to do the other Xion side - you get a seed which leads to the losing Plane. So if I, as a Magnagoran, help the Earth Crystal destroy the Water Crystal, I get a seed which gives access to the Water Plane.
  • Weird, I thought I got a water seed when I helped the water crystal
  • If anyone is feeling the hard shove of this whole portals and pathways business, you can get to lirangsha and icewynd with someone who has the full complete vernal curio set (Takes you to all the vernal locations). There are ways to avoid this, and hardcore players find them :>
  • edited February 2015
    Yeah but, I don't feel like bugging (insert name here) every time I want to go beg in Lirangsha. We /could/ just leave rifts alone so our novices (or anyone really) have a good spot to accumulate gold in game.

But what do I know? This is Lusternia and we'll never play nicely with others.
    The playa you love to hate
  • Plus not to mention some of us play when the "hardcore players" are typically asleep, meaning that unless we already know our way around, we are pretty much stuck.
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."