Wonder artifact suggestion

First of all, I have to say I like the basic premise of the wonder artifacts; having several artifacts in one is pretty awesome. That's one of the reasons I really like the runes, as opposed to unique artifacts for each.

With that in mind, I'd like to propose the following: Make some artifacts foldable into the wonder artifacts. For instance, create a pair of Boots of Wonder, and let people fold in their existing boots, such as the astral boots, pathfinder boots and Hermes sandals. These would simply become powers available to the Boots of Wonder after being folded into it, which would let people use a few artifacts for most of their powers. These powers would work completely separate from the crystal powers, of course; there'd be no need to reach a certain amount of crystals to be able to fold in more powers.

So, in essence: Make some artifacts work like runes for Wonder artifacts.

Comments

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I'd rather see each item have many less artifacts in it. We're up to 40 artifacts in 2 items. With just one more Bling of Wonder, we'll be up to 60 artifacts being carried at once. Knock it down to 3-5 per item, so it's actually reasonable.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • I can't really see the problem with many artifacts folded into one?
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    When it's 20, how many of these items can we realistically release? By the fifth one, you've got 100 artifacts. I don't know about you, but I like some semblance of balance and proportionality in my games.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • I think you're somewhat missing my point... My idea was mainly "Let's be able to fold existing artifacts into Wonder artifacts", not necessarily "Let's create lots of Wonder artifacts with 20 powers each". Although let's have a look at what we've gotten so far:

12x insanity reduction
    4x enchantment
    11x damage types
    6x skill copy (depending on what you define as skill copy)

which means between the two, there are seven semi-unique powers:
    Astral Fling
    Wondercure
    Resurrection
    Portals
    Windrunning
    Wind immunity
    Skydive

We still have another 14(?) enchantments at least to go, and then there's faster movement on terrains that would be a nice thing on boots (slightly copying the curio powers), so that's another massive amount. We should be good to go for another two or three wonder artifacts.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    While I like the idea of folding items into it... how do you deal when you have the auction-only upgraded version of an artifact that you want to fold into it? You mentioned sandals, pretty sure there was an upgrade to those during auction.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Well, that wouldn't be an issue... You'd just fold your special sandals into your wonder shoes, and they'd get that power instead of the sandal power. They'd work just like runes; you fold an artifact into the wonderthing, and the wonderthing gets that power.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    That sounds really cool and useful. 

I'd consider paying for a cheapish artifact that allowed you to roll enchantments together somehow. Perhaps a necklace that let you put rings on it, and use it as if you were wearing them. You'd still need to charge and upkeep the rings themselves: it'd just act like a bandolier for rings.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I'd love it if all the currently worn artifacts were instead runes. No more cluttering of the inventory and description! Or, barring that, I wish they were activate by touch (like curio ambiences) and didn't have to be worn at all, just in your inventory.

• I wouldn't mind maybe some wonder...orb? That instead of having actual powers at each level, it just had slots for artefacts that you could put inside the orb. (With the option to retrieve them of course)

As long as the orb is in your inventory it could then give you the passive powers of artifacts and you could activate it for the active powers.

So like... for example, wonderwand activate prism/cubix would take you to the relevant room with a nice message where you use the orb rather than the prism/cubix? 

• Lavinya said:

I'd love it if all the currently worn artifacts were instead runes. No more cluttering of the inventory and description! Or, barring that, I wish they were activate by touch (like curio ambiences) and didn't have to be worn at all, just in your inventory.

Oddly, enough I always thought that worn non-rune artifacts should allow one enchantment.