What's your TA name / All-Star Fantasy Ascension Draft?

Comments

• Samael

Mine would probably be Agamemnon (incidentally this is also greek name that means "Very resolute") or Gunnerius
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Ritalin.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Sakaki said:

Samael

Mine would probably be Agamemnon (incidentally this is also greek name that means "Very resolute") or Gunnerius
    *Guiness
    Her storm-coloured eyes a muted blue, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "Only sorrow can come from a rotting thought, My child, just like roots that have been drowned. You are a paragon of the wisdom I would see spread throughout the Serenwilde, but even the strongest minds must find release."
    -
    A shimmering liquid appears in your inventory smelling sweetly of something carbonated. It vanishes in a puff of silver smoke seconds later.
    -
    I write things
  • Sakaki said:

Samael

Agnomemnon was the Elder that splintered into the Gnomes 0=3
  • Xenthos said:

Aeral said:

Ayrelin (let's make it even more unpronounceable) or Aykarin. 

Sidd's sister?
    I didn't even realize how close it was. :( Aykaril is the newer name I've taken for my characters so I thought it was appropriate. Boo.
  • edited February 2015
    Aerotan said:

Sakaki said:

Samael

Agnomemnon was the Elder that splintered into the Gnomes 0=3
    Bleh, a little too similar.  I'll just go with Samael then :p
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited February 2015
    I'd like to think that Agamemnon would be punted anyways, for being a very well known fictional/mythological figure. Potential ditto on the angel of death, heh.
  • edited February 2015
    Oh like there isn't already a bunch of player-characters using existing fictional names... :p  Using that logic, Agomemnon should not have been used in the first place as one of the names of pre-existing divine since as you said, it is "a well known fictional/mythological figure", albeit one letter being changed.

Yes I'm aware that TA names would likely be held to a higher standard, just being silly.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    It's Agnomenon, actually, though I don't blame people not remembering how to spell it. Took me a while before I got it down right, and that's mostly because I'm a fink and had to keep using it to explain stuff.

Anyway, it is more than just one letter different. :P

• So TA naming conventions:

1) Must have -in
    2) Must have -Y

So Xeria = Xeyrin?

I'm terrible at naming, someone help me out here? This is a fun game to play!
    is dead like the dodo
  • I think we determined that female TAs follow different rules. Which I guess means that Karlach is non-binary?
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    edited February 2015
    Lame.

This is more lame than the multiple TA's ascending from the same seal.

My geeky weeaboo sense is deeply offended.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Shuyin said:

Lame.

This is more lame than the multiple TA's ascending from the same seal.

My geeky weeaboo sense is deeply offended.
    Hey, I was pushing to get ascended from Justice... but Kamehameha was mean about it. :P

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Daraius said:

Listen next year we'll have Hallimonks, I'll learn a little bit of combat, and y'all can let me win Beauty and then Ascension. Sound like a plan?

I plan to take Beautyscension next year, sorry!
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Now it'd be an interesting topic to see who you guys think best represents a seal, past or present players, like an all-star fantasy draft.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Topic title changed accordingly. Plz begin drafting.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Urlach, Klangratch, Dionamus, Juliana, Shanth, Kiakoda, d'Varsha, Vestara, and Tzaraziko.

Wait...
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Rika - Nature
    Kiradawea - Knowledge
    Talan - Harmony
    Zyphora/Irillia/Thayan - Beauty
    Ixion - War
    Karlach - Death
    Pejat - Justice
    Soll - Life
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • @Ethelon for Death
    @Soll for Life
    @Xiel for Knowledge
    @Lendren for Beauty
    @Vadi for War
    @Faragan for Harmony (a lot of the people I've really heard mentioned in connection with it are either before my time or NPCs [Quettle or Adeaze])
    @Kelly for Justice
    @Munsia for Chaos
    @Kiradawea for Nature(I like the idea of a furrikin being the best fit for this seal in particular for several reasons, and the only other prominent 'kin I can recall offhand are myself RL and maybe @sylphas? [though, again, if NPCs were fair game, throw Miakoda through that Seal and behold the Mother's fury])
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited February 2015
    Vadi - Nature

Kiradawea - Knowledge

Daraius - Harmony

Zyphora - Beauty

Thoros - War

Kelly - Death

Pejat(?) - Justice (it's really hard to find someone that is completely unbiased and evenhanded in Lusternia. Even Terentia is Celestian. Can't really say there's someone absolutely and completely just, but if we're basing it on debating ability, I'd put Pejat here (also for his affiliations with Zvoltz (who is much better at Justice than Terentia )). ;))

Nejii - Life

EDIT: Oops, forgot Chaos.

Revan - Chaos

• Aww man, I miss Nejii now...
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I'm not social enough to know a whole lot of peeps outside of Hallifax, even the legendary ones. So drawing just from Hallifax, and informed mainly by Dar's perspective I'd pick:

Kiradawea for Nature

Portius for Knowledge

Irillia or Zyphora (or Sylandra if we're creating an actual dream team :x ) for Beauty

Pejat or Ushaara for Justice (not for debating ability, but because Zvoltz is now in the Justice seal and these guys are so pro-Zvoltz, and also pretty even-keeled),

Daraius for Harmony (lol sorry - Skye would be a good one too)

Elanorwen for War

Saaga or Nihmriel for Life (stretching here, I couldn't think of any healing-oriented Hallifaxians, but these two have been the most nurturing for Daraius, in their own ways)

Vivet for Death (I dunno, she sure can kill stuff)

Maligorn for Chaos (because wtf goes on in that pup's head I don't even)
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Daraius said:

I couldn't think of any healing-oriented Hallifaxians

Ouch. I guess I can forgive you not knowing about Usa, though.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Gaudiguch dreeeeeeaaaaam teeeeeeeeaaaaaaam.

Knowledge: @Dys, who has that scheming scholar sort of air about her
    Harmony: @Leta, the Ivorymother
    Chaos: @Morshoth, who is Chaos incarnate (also half of OTP <3)
    War: @Feyda, because she's a beast among beasts
    Justice: Bye Felicia
    Beauty: @me, not sorry
    Nature: @Silvanos, because she's some kind of flowerchild
    Life: @Xypher, most patient and nurturing Xypher
    Death: @Persayis, for all of her grimdark Ebon goodness

And then Feyda ascends and we know an age of prosperity and wanton, fleshy murder.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I'll name myself because I've yet to win! [cough cough @Kelly! :::;) ]

Chaos: Arimisia (Obvious reasons)
    War: Ixion (Even more obvious reason)
    Justice: Elanorwen (What, they don't all have to be Mag!)
    Nature: Nikkakorra (I like this little Fink explorer!)
    Knowledge: Marcella (I'll be damned if she doesn't have a firm grasp on history)
    Beauty: Tremula (*pearls*)
    Life: Xena (Shaddup.)
    Death: Munsia (What can I say? Woman knows how to bash)
    Harmony: Lavinya (Even though she's a Morg, Laivnya's got a very calm and collected persona, plus she's a pretty good influencer!)
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Knowledge: Rhysus
    Beauty: Ialie
    Justice: Amaru
    Life: The Zoologist lady who's name I forget
    Chaos: Nyla
    Harmony: Veonira
    Nature: Merloch
    War: Malicia
    Death: Tuek(sp?)