I'm making a list of casual activities in Lusternia...

Feel free to help :) This list is based off of my personal preference but it's based upon my sometimes vague understanding of things in the game.  I'm also not much of a basher or a quester.  This concerns individual activities and not things that I would get into doing with others.

1.  Influence cosmic beings (gives power to the nexus; less annoying than hunting elemental stuff).
2.  Influence village people in friendly villages.
3.  Influence village people in hostile villages (potentially dangerous).
4.  Join an order and try to influence in the god's realm if possible.

Basically, I try to do activities that carry some side benefit for my organization / nexus.  Are there any things like that which I've left out?

Comments

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    You might want to add in commodity quests for villages, anyone can do them and they benefit your org! (i.e. taking cows, chickens, rockeaters and such to the villager that needs them.)

Also, leading bards to your org stage and scholars to your library helps your org with both power and culture.

Is that the sort of thing you're looking for?

• Lavinya said:

You might want to add in commodity quests for villages, anyone can do them and they benefit your org! (i.e. taking cows, chickens, rockeaters and such to the villager that needs them.)

Also, leading bards to your org stage and scholars to your library helps your org with both power and culture.

Is that the sort of thing you're looking for?

Yes, thank you :)
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Hunting in the Nexus word is pretty easy, if you're high level, and the corpses can be turned into power for your org.

• Seren, Glom, and Celest have very passive quests for their 'power quest' as well. I can't remember Gaudi's that well, but I do seem to remember it not being particularly taxing.

Celest's requires a bit of effort to get the sands, but the rest is all walking around juggling balls. Seren's is giving leaves to pixies, who, while annoying to find sometimes, aren't difficult to please, and once you've got them it's a fairly quick trek to and from the flame. And Glom is similar to Seren, except instead of talking to Miakoda, "WHERE IS THE CROWN @XENTHOS!?!" and the Drums instead of the flame.
  • Aerotan said:

Seren, Glom, and Celest have very passive quests for their 'power quest' as well. I can't remember Gaudi's that well, but I do seem to remember it not being particularly taxing.

Celest's requires a bit of effort to get the sands, but the rest is all walking around juggling balls. Seren's is giving leaves to pixies, who, while annoying to find sometimes, aren't difficult to please, and once you've got them it's a fairly quick trek to and from the flame. And Glom is similar to Seren, except instead of talking to Miakoda, "WHERE IS THE CROWN @XENTHOS!?!" and the Drums instead of the flame.
    I had forgotten about the orgbix grind, one advantage to me being in the Chinese timezone would be that there's probably never anyone else doing that quest when I'm active.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Gaudiguch's can be difficult right out of the portal (unless you're a faeling Illuminatus with access to fortuna). I actually shattered once when I was tiny doing it! Influencing the initiates is the hardest part, though, after that it's a cakewalk to a dragon that burps butterflies.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Jelaludin said:

Aerotan said:

Seren, Glom, and Celest have very passive quests for their 'power quest' as well. I can't remember Gaudi's that well, but I do seem to remember it not being particularly taxing.

I had forgotten about the orgbix grind, one advantage to me being in the Chinese timezone would be that there's probably never anyone else doing that quest when I'm active.
    That is specifically NOT the orgbix grind. The Celest Orgbix grind is the squid in the Inner Sea, and I think it actually requires some hunting at one point. Or at least wandering around with aggro mobs breathing down your neck.

Glom's does involve the crown and Brennan, but I was mostly making a joke at his expense, since he's prone to yelling at people about that crown. However the crow-shadow quest is not part of it.

Gaudiguch's epic is...I understand it's both tedious and finicky about its timing, and that certain components are prone to being picked up by hapless adventurers.

Seren's shares NPCs with just about every other thing to do in Seren, including but not limited to Abeytu, Goldie, Hart, the Silver Doe, the centaurs, and the flame, but not the pixies, memory serving.

Hallifax's requires you to influence just about everything in the city, six times.

And Mag's has something to do with the zoo..?
  • Aerotan said:

Jelaludin said:

Aerotan said:

Hallifax's requires you to influence just about everything in the city, six times.

and the whole process again, 6 times (36 if you're really bad at math) 
  • I thought it equated to 30 rounds in the end. 5 lines, 6 rounds per line.

Celest's is 40 or 45, memory serves, one for each cardinal direction, possibly two to the east, framing the harbour, per line, and one pearl per, five times. And each pearl requires about a round and a half of squid, dunnit?
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    the epic quest cycles are worth working towards for sure, but they are lengthy and sometimes irritating, especially if you don't enjoy questing. What he was referring to was the power quest that you do in the collegium. It's always helpful, and generally simple and quick.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Aerotan said:

Jelaludin said:

Aerotan said:

That is specifically NOT the orgbix grind. The Celest Orgbix grind is the squid in the Inner Sea, and I think it actually requires some hunting at one point. Or at least wandering around with aggro mobs breathing down your neck.

Glom's does involve the crown and Brennan, but I was mostly making a joke at his expense, since he's prone to yelling at people about that crown. However the crow-shadow quest is not part of it.

Gaudiguch's epic is...I understand it's both tedious and finicky about its timing, and that certain components are prone to being picked up by hapless adventurers.

Seren's shares NPCs with just about every other thing to do in Seren, including but not limited to Abeytu, Goldie, Hart, the Silver Doe, the centaurs, and the flame, but not the pixies, memory serving.

And Mag's has something to do with the zoo..?
    Seren's does involve the pixies, yep. It's basically a random mash of 10 different miniquests (and a few full on quests) that aren't necessarily linked any other way. That said, it's almost always not being done, it's time sensitive.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Yeah, the meh part is the getting everything to line up on Full Moon. It is quite panic-inducing.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Hey keep in mind you can get some really awesome rewards if you're able to complete the bard, scholar, pilgrim, and power quests every day for like two years.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    To clarify:

Achievements: Adalgiso's Compatriot                              Points: 25
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Receive 100 Wanderer's Songs

Lead 3 bards per real-life day for 5 days to receive one Wanderer's
    Song, which can be taken to the composer Adalgiso for a blessing.
    Receive one hundred Wanderer's Song to complete this achievement!

Completion Reward : 250 Bound Credits

Achievements: Blessed Guide Of Pilgrims                          Points: 25
    Receive 100 Pilgrim's Blessings

Lead 3 pilgrims per real-life day for 5 days to receive one Pilgrim's
    Blessing as thanks. Receive one hundred Pilgrim's Blessings to complete
    this achievement!

Achievements: Trusted Librarian                                  Points: 25
    Receive 100 Scholar's Books

Lead 3 scholars per real-life day for 5 days to receive one Scholar's
    Book, which can be taken to the librarian Weeky Peedia for a blessing.
    Receive one hundred Scholar's Books to complete this monumentous
    achievement!

Achievements: Commandant Of The Nexus                            Points: 25
    Receive 100 Nexus Blessings

Complete your organization's power quest 3 times per real-life day for 5
    days to receive one Nexus Blessing. Receive one hundred Nexus Blessings
    to complete this achievement!

Completion Reward : 2000 Lessons

There's also smaller rewards leading up to these milestones. 
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Qistrel said:

Yeah, the meh part is the getting everything to line up on Full Moon. It is quite panic-inducing.

This is the ONLY reason I haven't done Seren's epic. I have some flexibility and freedom in when I can log on, but I cant' guarantee I'll ever be around during a Full Moon.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    You can do a lot of setup for it ahead of time, and if you happen to be around, do it. There isn't a queue at the moment or anything.
  • Daraius said:

Hey keep in mind you can get some really awesome rewards if you're able to complete the bard, scholar, pilgrim, and power quests every day for like two years.

It's only 500 days, so a year and a half.

But yes, effort :( It's the reason I haven't even bothered with it. The individual steps aren't that rewarding, it's just the final payoff that's huge.
  • I don't remember what Celest's power quest is, was that something to do with the collegium or was it white sands on specter isle?
  • Dig up sands on the Isle of Light, take 'em to Jethri to be made into globes, fill 'em with light in the Deep Blue Cathedral, give the filled globes to kinsmen/women, take 'em to the tabernacles above the Pool of Stars.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
    It might be worth splitting the lesson packages to their own heading, to make it more obvious that they are a seperate thing.
  • Lavinya said:

the epic quest cycles are worth working towards for sure, but they are lengthy and sometimes irritating, especially if you don't enjoy questing. What he was referring to was the power quest that you do in the collegium. It's always helpful, and generally simple and quick.

Yeah, the Brennan either askes wehre a memeber of teh skeleton council is, and then tells a random player present to get him/her(ex"Where is Lord bat? Tylwyth, get Lord Bat!) or he shouts (paraphrasing)that "we are all gathered, now we just need the crown,"...

The simple power quest is just get web, get shadows, Drums, nexus. Fairly simple.
    The epic is mostly hunting/gathering stuff in the forest. You get some of it set up beforehand, then set up for the naidorin nearthe new moon. that's the hard part.

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Daraius said:

It's only 500 days, so a year and a half.

But yes, effort :( It's the reason I haven't even bothered with it. The individual steps aren't that rewarding, it's just the final payoff that's huge.

That, and the five days in a row is irritating. Get to three/four, and then if you can't log on for whatever reason on day 4/5, it's just poof gone, no credit for that round at all. Those quests sure are easy, but "casual" is open to interpretation.

I'm also surprised nobody's mentioned griefing yet. That's casual (you spend far less time on it than the people you're actually griefing), super easy and also fairly common here. It gives instant rewards too, in the form of copious tears and xps, lol.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • Everiine said:

Qistrel said:

This is the ONLY reason I haven't done Seren's epic. I have some flexibility and freedom in when I can log on, but I cant' guarantee I'll ever be around during a Full Moon.
    Same with Glom for me. I probably should do it now I am unemployed, because doing that when working 40 hours a week + other planned activities is like nope.

I think designing counts as a casual activity.

Perhaps also progressing through your guild's advancement path. Sadly most people seem to lose interest in this once they got the first few. I've not bothered reworking the higher advancement tiers of the Nekotai mostly because I haven't seen anyone even get to GR 5 in recent times. GR 3 is a stretch for most. And we've got a solid system for those first five so nothing to be done for that. I always ask people if they found any tasks particularly hard or boring or whatever, and they all think it is great. Sorry for the GA rant. Please do your advancement and make the GA happy.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • God, I logged HOURS designing things. Still have folders with unfinished and finished designs sorted by who 'designed' it from when I was really really active as a designer. Like, I'd have an aetherhunt going in one window and a notepad file open over it with designs and editing to do. Half of Tyrni's stuff was polished up that way.