What Lusternian player do you admire?

Anywhere from the lowliest of newbies to the admins themselves, who do you admire? Pass along a compliment!

Personally I admire @Faragan. I've seen him play for at least 9 years (It may actually be more!) on a text reader. I've seen him defend his planes, help newbies, run a guild, all on a gosh darn text reader. He even runs one of the best shops in the basin (Imagine how the stockroom must sound..)

You rock socks, Faragan :x Celest wouldn't have been nearly as fun for me without you.

Comments

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    edited March 2015
    @Ixion, pretty much from way back when, long long ago, when I first started playing and he spent some time teaching little noob me some basic warrior tactics.  More than that though, I was from an opposing org and ready to quit the game because I sucked (not that I don't now, but what can you do).  It's stuck with me ever since, and no matter the character I've played, he's always been a pretty cool dude.
  • One of the @Terentia players, way back when I was feeling miffed about Celestian politics and was doing the whole Martin Luther nailing-a-list-of-grievances-to-Celest's-door thing, T's player took the time to A) find out who was leaving the flamed letters, B) approach him IC and ask for his reasoning, in a private place, and C) not only listen but leave words of encouragement behind when She left.

She could easily have outed Syrii as the author, but She didn't, and I, the player, felt a lot better about things after that little chat.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Though she's off dealing with Life, @Persayis will always be right near the top of my list. She was always there for me in some capacity, whether with a gentle, mothering nature when I needed encouragement, or a swift and righteous bitchslap when the time was just perfect for it. Just by virtue of existing and being good at...pretty much everything, she gave me something to aspire to while still being relatable and down to earth.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Aerotan said:

One of the @Terentia players, way back when I was feeling miffed about Celestian politics and was doing the whole Martin Luther nailing-a-list-of-grievances-to-Celest's-door thing, T's player took the time to A) find out who was leaving the flamed letters, B) approach him IC and ask for his reasoning, in a private place, and C) not only listen but leave words of encouragement behind when She left.

She could easily have outed Syrii as the author, but She didn't, and I, the player, felt a lot better about things after that little chat.

I remember that!

• Another person I seriously admire is Kelly. I saw that girl bring Celest back from the brink of inactivity to a thriving city.

@Kelly is out of this world.

• Pectus said:

Aerotan said:

One of the @Terentia players, way back when I was feeling miffed about Celestian politics and was doing the whole Martin Luther nailing-a-list-of-grievances-to-Celest's-door thing, T's player took the time to A) find out who was leaving the flamed letters, B) approach him IC and ask for his reasoning, in a private place, and C) not only listen but leave words of encouragement behind when She left.

I remember that!
    pretty sure I annoyed the crap out of Inagin and Malicia, since I was more or less accusing them of a slew of stupid.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Eventru, Silvanus, Persayis, and Malicia.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • @Silvanus for sure.  I'd love to take a level in Badass from him.
    </RANT>
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited March 2015
    @Nariah, @Zouviqil, @Saaga, @Nihmriel....I think those are the only few that have actually made me passionate about the game. Moreso than I do on my own.

It sounds cheesy to say, but I can't pick any admin over the other for gracing me with their interactions and investment into my character. They've all been great.

Honourable mentions would be Jadice, Isune, Dro-khan (I never got to connect with the real Carakhan, ahah), and I think that's it.

OH. Best Ephemeral goes to Milo, the Blossoming Corpse. You keep doing you, you wyrden wraith bastard.

• @Thalkros

These are the people who influenced me the most when I was/am playing this game. It'd be too long to list why.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    @Silvanus - I probably wouldn't have kept playing as long as I have if not for him. I know most people only see one side of him but you're all missing out on the rest. He works hard, is passionate about what he does, is actually a nice guy, genuinely wants to help people succeed, is extremely perceptive and intelligent and cracks me up on a regular basis. And he's a total badass. He's pretty much my favourite person, period. (He'd be so much cooler if he came and played LoL with me though.)

Also @Delphas, @Shaddus, @Ellowyn and @Morgfyre. Top people.

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    @Lavinya is a dear and my favourite person to throw shade with.

@Drocilla is hands-down my most favourite Divine that I've ever followed. More RP and designs have come out of this than ever did with Fain, Kalikai, or Raezon.

Oh, and @Nocht for always being a cool dude.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    Oh crap. Insert Nariah and Sthai near the beginning of mine.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I love @Meliana.
    She was like everyone's mom.

Also, I miss my home gurl, @Fania.
    She and I would talk for hours about nothing.

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Oh crap, I forgot the baddest mamma jamma up in Lusternia! @Celina for getting me interested in combat in the first place and being such a great role model.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Definitely @Lavinya@Silvanus, @Leolamins.

Small circle, I guess!
  • She may not be around anymore, but Noola. Omg Noola. She was always so fun and was always so optimistic and had a great attitude about absolutely about everything.

• For me and in no particular order:

Forren, Ixion, Soll/Ilyarin, Malicia, Thoros, Nydekion.

For being people who were either a) excellent fighters b) prepared to take the time to teach others or c) both.
  • @Eliron will always top my list, without him and our constant back-and-forth I don't think I'd nearly be the player I am today.

For Hallifax, @Arel @Sylandra @Daraius @Ileein @Llesvelt @Phoebus all of whom built the amazing City that I love and is such a strange and amazing place.

And @Zvoltz the only god I truly got and bought into wholesale like no other.

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

Eliron is always awesome.

Damn it, people. Quit adding people to my list.
  • People who are long gone now.. @Nevyn.. @Nokraenom, @Ashar, @Torak, @Thorgal, and @Eiru - off the top of my head of people way back when.

more recent year, defiantly admire @Ixion. He has helped me a lot to progress in combat (yay a mere novice cannot usually kill me anymore!), I feel like I am kind of a cheer leader for him at times when I cannot directly help him in his goals otherwise, I try to be right there helping him when I can be to repay all he has done for me.

@Thoros
    @Morgfyre
    @Malarious
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• edited March 2015
    I forgot a whole bunch :)

These guys were just generally amazing when I first started playing, and I loved being able to 'grow up' with them.

@Thalkros
    @Nariah
    @Nejii
    @Lendren (He taught me how plays worked. I still fail terribly at them, but having him teach me was a blast. Plus his designs are some of my favourites)
    @Marina
    @Fionn
    @Shric
    @Sondayga
    @Llandros
    @Ranadae
    @Linaeve
    @Feyrll (Have you seen this girl's artwork? Like goddamn)
    @Jigan (I wouldn't have become a cook if Pectus didn't meet 'creepy uncle Jigan'. He helped me find a designing purpose in the world of Lusternia)

Vathael is also on the list, but thinking about him tends to give me that heart-ache feeling :-<

• Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    After a lot of thought, I've determined that I admire Elostian's player most. I was never in his order and didn't even interact with him much except when I was a newbie, and then later in a more administrative capacity when I was MoCA.

But I assume he's the guy primarily responsible for everything I love about Hallifax. I miss the sense of purpose and direction we got from Cririk. He was the authority on what makes Hallifax so cool.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • ...I can't believe I've forgotten Her.

@Estarra. Lusternia literally wouldn't exist without her. She is the queen bee, and the player is an amazing man.

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited March 2015
    @Sthai -Basically the reason I started getting really involved in RP. Even if I wanted to feed her her own tongue for a while.
    @Talan -Just an amazing player. I miss playing with her. 
    @Synkarin -Best PK buddy I've ever had. Even if he abandones me for his Bro-Love with Shuyin and Vadi. 
    @Thoros -For teaching me the Griefer Code.
    @Astraea -She makes the SDs and the Nightshades so enjoyable over the years.
    @Svorai -Best Frenemy ever. 

Oh and...

I've enjoyed every god I've had the pleasure to interact with but those two have always killed it for me. Killed it.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    What, Sidd gets an admirer and I don't? Jerks. I'm my own admirer. I don't need you guys.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    You just need to put yourself out there, Shuyin.

You have a wonderful personality, but it's so chained down in pretending to not care and looking cool. You should just quit that and free yourself.

You should just leave it at that, and the love will flow in.

Quit Gaudiguch and join Hallifax, is what I'm trying to say here.

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Shuyin said:

What, Sidd gets an admirer and I don't? Jerks. I'm my own admirer. I don't need you guys.

Even I have an admirer. The Board of Griefers will have to review your membership, it's come to our attention your reputation is no longer in good standing.