Inconsistent font in Bardic Submissions?

Hey guys,

I recently submitted two bardics for the month of February and March. One of them has some kind of font change where I have copy and pasted it from a word document, and then tightened up the spaces between paragraphs. How do you change this problem? Any suggestions? Should I play with the html formatting to change it?

Thanks for your input!
Her storm-coloured eyes a muted blue, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "Only sorrow can come from a rotting thought, My child, just like roots that have been drowned. You are a paragon of the wisdom I would see spread throughout the Serenwilde, but even the strongest minds must find release."
-
A shimmering liquid appears in your inventory smelling sweetly of something carbonated. It vanishes in a puff of silver smoke seconds later.
-
I write things

Comments

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    I have not had this specific problem, but since you mentioned using a word document I'm going to give my standard advice. Use Notepad, do everything in text files. This will usually fix most problems.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Portius said:

I have not had this specific problem, but since you mentioned using a word document I'm going to give my standard advice. Use Notepad, do everything in text files. This will usually fix most problems.

I've been starting to utilise notepad for most news posts, but I still get ???? everywhere. I think it has something to do with my computer's autocorrect spelling, if you can believe it.
    Her storm-coloured eyes a muted blue, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "Only sorrow can come from a rotting thought, My child, just like roots that have been drowned. You are a paragon of the wisdom I would see spread throughout the Serenwilde, but even the strongest minds must find release."
    -
    A shimmering liquid appears in your inventory smelling sweetly of something carbonated. It vanishes in a puff of silver smoke seconds later.
    -
    I write things
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I've never known Notepad to put anything but the characters I type in. What kind of program is on your computer that's interfering in Notepad?
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • edited March 2015
    Everiine said:

I've never known Notepad to put anything but the characters I type in. What kind of program is on your computer that's interfering in Notepad?

I run on a mac. And while that's a bit confusing for everyone, (mostly me) I'll fiddle around with notepad to see what I can do. I've had trouble in the past coding in notepad too. So it probably has to deal with something  like smart quotes maybe?

EDIT: It was smart quotes, dashes and all that fun stuff.
    -
    -
    I write things
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Use textwrangler
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    There is an option in notepad to use plain text only (IIRC), which will fix your problems.
  • edited March 2015
    The ?? occur when you use symbols which are not considered english. For example, all the ^, è, à,`, « or » will appear as ?. I have to change my keyboard language and my microsoft word language to english whenever I write a post for Lusternia.