Are any artifacts over priced?

I've noticed some artifacts rarely sell. Do you think some are overpriced and if so which ones? (Note: I can look up how many have actually sold so even if you think one is overpriced, if people buy them anyway, then obviously they're priced right.) Anyway, just curious if there are artifacts out there that you would have bought except for the price point, let me know!

Comments

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Lvl 3 magic runes - 800 credits for an extra 5% damage (50 on 1000) is a bit too pricey for my blood.

The elemental rings that prevent you being bounced around are a bit steep for me as well (350 per) 

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Oh god let me get a list. The former auction arties are typically more overpriced to start.
  • edited March 2015
    Estarra said:

I've noticed some artifacts rarely sell. Do you think some are overpriced and if so which ones? (Note: I can look up how many have actually sold so even if you think one is overpriced, if people buy them anyway, then obviously they're priced right.) Anyway, just curious if there are artifacts out there that you would have bought except for the price point, let me know!

The figurine rune is over priced at 450 for what it does. A resetting figurine isn't all that great.
    The divine idol (150db) I think is also over price for just teleporting to the master shrine. Perhaps add function to allow teleporting to the god realm as well?
    Personally, I also think the Font of the Gods(400cr) is a bit much as well.
    Mask of esteem beauty. For only 25% more esteem, 450cr is a bit much.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited March 2015
    Level 3 magic rune. 

I don't know how often warrior runes sell these days, but entry level is a full set of level 2s (elemental, wounding, and stats). A full set of level 2 runes plus elementals is 1600 credits for purely offense. It's 2900 for a full set of level 3s with elemental runes. Compared to level 2 magic rune for 800 and level 3 for 1600.

edit: I mention warriors because when I look at new guilds to try next, I always look at warriors last (or never) because the cost for offensive runes is so high. I'd definitely consider it more if it was closer to the 800 I paid for my damage rune that works for all caster classes. 

Shadow Shroud is 500 credits for invisibility they most people get in their skills, with a few exceptions. I would like it to mask my enter/exit but wouldn't pay 500 for that. 

Marauder's Mask is 800 for a defense that drops the instant you are engaged in combat.

The astrolabe is 300 and it may be overpriced now that people have developed systems to track astrology changes by date. 
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    A lot of the old utility artifacts are also really overpriced. Looking at you: Crystal ball, Specs of Seeing, Pocketwatch, Glamrock, Gilded Mirror, Flowerpot, Candybox, Poisoner's charm, and Paintbrush.
  • Some of the manse artifacts seem more valuable than others.

Trade artifacts:

The tattoo workbench, pentagram, and forge, are totally worth their price of 500cr. These trades use these extensively and for long periods of time. They're paying to be able to do this work in private, as opposed to on prime.

By contrast, the printing press, jeweler's bench, tailor's bench, alembic, and oven (all also 500cr) are less used by their respective trades, so there's less convenience value in having them in your manse. Perhaps 1 big batch of items will be made occasionally, but this still amounts to only a few minutes' work at most. With 6 orgs, no one is going to be enemied to all of them. These could probably come down in price a little.

- The manse astrolabe (200cr) seems high considering the portal astrolabe is only 300cr, or what @Celina notes about systems.

- Figurine runes are absurdly high at 425cr considering the level of the figurine is not maintained after offering. The only value here is if it's a figurine of an extremely rare or one-off event mob. Considering sketch seals are only 15cr though, even that is iffy.

I think the mask of esteemed beauty and the marauder's mask are correctly priced...
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    edited March 2015
    - Silver Spiderweb: 250 credits - I can just buy a ring and accomplish the same result. Granted, the spiderweb never runs out and doesn't need recharging, but at that cost, might as well go with the minor inconvenience and just recharge my webbing chant.
    - Same deal applies to the Fan of Storms where a regular gust enchant can produce the same result.
    - Bar of soap mimics the cleanse enchantment, but it has its subtle differences - it uses balance instead of equilibrium, for one, and from what I have seen it greatly reduces the off-balance time when compared to the enchantment itself. I guess that could be true for the previous two, but I haven't tested (and not going to spend 250cr to test. Could do with better documentation of perks). Fan of storms would be more appetizing if it also allowed targeted gust.
    - Great Rune of Planar Mastery (475cr) - from what I understand, this mimics the trans planar skill and also gives the benefit of being a mage/guardian for transversing directly to elemental/cosmic (Not sure if the latter is true, I have not tested it myself. Help file could do with some more information in that regard) Price could do with another look, or maybe split into two - one part to mimic the trans planar ability, another to mimic the elementalism/cosmic skills that allow direct transverse to elemental/cosmic from nexus.
    - Seeing Stone (500cr) Could do with more documentation there, too. From what I understand, it's the same as LOOK into a target's room. Not exactly worth the 500cr if that's all it does. Maybe 200-250 if it also shows the map like the map dingbat artifact.... otherwise, doubt it'd cost more than 100-150.
    - Spectacles of Seeing (400cr) Always succeeding on secrets is nice... but probably not worth the bother. Any quester will be fine checking secrets several times, and people climbing the explorer rankings have already scouted the area and likely updated the downloadable map with it. Glance and observe without an eq cost tend to get lost when one can squint without an eq loss.
    - Diamond Chalice (250cr) Chances are people won't be running out of will if they have bought a rune of iron will and everyone will recommend buying a rune of iron will over this item. Chances are it might just need to go considering willpower removal in the future.
    - Figurine rune (425cr) is a bit too pricey when all it does is reset a figurine. If one wants to just have a figurine of a specific form, they can much easier make a sketch and throw a sketch seal (15cr) on it.
    - Golden Goblet (225cr) Same deal as with the diamond chalice. With the existence of a rune that halves ego shattered time and has no limitation like the goblet does (1/RL day) people are likely to go for the rune over the goblet.
    - Iron Goblet (250cr) - People run out of endurance? Maybe some newbie warrior that doesn't have breathe deep up.... but they will learn eventually. Also, endurance being deleted.
    - Rockeater's Maw (300cr) - Burrow and dig are much like flying... except more annoying in the long run. Mostly used by people to run into a village during revolts to try and cause trouble for a bigger force by influencing? Hardly worth the 300cr. Also, the existence of silver shovel at 125cr makes the digging ability rather pointless.
    - In general, like @Shuyin said, any artifacts that picked up their costs from auctions are a bit over the top. People would bid higher than they'd normally pay otherwise because in an auction, it's something that is somewhat unique and limited availability. Not everyone can afford to splurge the same amount. Just look at the censers in the last auction. (600cr+ versus the 300cr they're normally valued at)

Just my 2 cents. Chances are some will disagree.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited March 2015
    (1) Key to the Gate: 775cr

There's no advantage that I see to owning this item. It is far better to save up more long term and buy a cubix, which will give you access to all the Astral spheres, elemental planes, cosmic planes and many prime rooms eventually. This artifact doesn't upgrade to anything useful down the road and doesn't give you control over where you land. If it were like the wonderwand's astralfling, which does not follow bix restrictions, (it works indoors and all planes), it would be worth this price. As it is right now, I'd price it much lower.

(2) Wand of Relocation: 625 credits
    The fact that you have to wield this to use it, makes it very inconvenient. Otherwise, it would be more worthy of its price. Even then, I'd still say 500cr is more fair.

(3) Viridian Poisoner's Charm: 250 credits
    Noticing when someone has been afflicted by a poison is not so OP that it needs to be a 30% chance...come on. If this were a 100% chance, I speculate more people would buy it.

(4) Scorpion Cocktail: 250 credits
    Between the ridiculous cool down, and the fact that hitting with random afflictions isn't useful....I don't know why anyone would pay for this...

(5) Spectacles of Seeing (a pair of thin spectacles): 400 credits
    Secrets is a pretty worthless skill. If you suspect there might be a secret exit in your room, you can hit all the corresponding directions in one go for free. Voila. Squinting is free and is preferable to ever glancing or observing (unless you're glancing on a different elevation).

(6) Silver Bubble Pipe: 250 credits
    Concealing exits is worthless with the advent of mappers.

(7) Regeneration Runes (various)
    Without a good way to tell how much regeneration you have on you, it's hard to know what you're paying for. Additionally, it's strange there isn't a single one that takes you to level 3 regeneration. For 850 credits, level 2 regeneration is really not worth it.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Clearly the solution is to either buff Secrets and/or remove it from firing under stupidity conditions. :(

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    edited March 2015
    - Gaudy Glamrock. Totally overpriced for something that essentially just saves you from changing your clothes physically when you want a new outfit. The recording decays well before the clothing! I bought it to hide all my artifacts spamming my description and traded it in when the first outfit decayed only days later. There's a waste of credits I'll never get back.

- The rings that stop you from being moved around on earth/air etc. No where near worth the cost for what is really a small inconvenience.

- Mark of the Devoted Servant - Now I have one of these, but even I think it's overpriced for the benefit it gives. I bet very few of them have sold, because very few godrealms are big enough to even justify the purchase. A little extra xp and esteem for only a very small selection of denizens is not worth 400cr.

- Seeing Stone - 500cr for basically a tierstone that lets you see into the room even on adjacent planes, but doesn't even have the benefit of planegaze. Hugely overpriced.

- Magic Chisel - I can't justify the cost for something that isn't needed often, but makes a really onerous task a little more bearable.

- Figurine Rune - as others have stated. Resetting is only 50cr when bought for anything else, why is it 450 for a figurine that goes back to a level 1, empty figurine everytime anyway?

- Shadow shroud. I want a yesod ability while low magic but for 500cr it's too much.

- Lvl3 Runes - why does the price double from lvl 2 to 3, but the effect does not? EG
       Great Rune of Mystic Might       :   400 credits (+10% damage)
       Great Rune of Arcane Force       :   800 credits (+15% damage)
       Great Rune of Esoteric Authority :  1600 credits (+20% damage)

There is a 400cr boost for an extra 5% from 1 - 2, but 800cr for another 5%? Another jump that I just can't justify spending that much on.

I'm sure I have more. I have so many credits I'm sitting on but can't decide how to spend them because some artifacts seem to be a waste (hello glamrock) and I want to avoid it. In the end, I buy little and sit on my horde of credits like a dragon with its gold.

Yarp, I have 900 credits or so (a little more, probably) with slow salaries adding to that, but there isn't anything I really want to buy with it.
  • edited March 2015
    Ah, gosh. The first thing that came to mind was the Doctoral Tam. 2,000cr for a shorter delay on classflexing is very steep. Most of the people I know with one (myself included) got it for the higher cap on skillflexing. The main detail, that of bolstering classflexing, is still viewed too limiting because of an enforced 3RL day delay to switching back.

If they had a 1500cr sub-Tam for the higher cap on skillflexing, I imagine people would have gotten that and largely left the Tam alone.

As far as listing goes, for Misc:

-Inspector's Magnifying Glass at 300cr. It's a capability of viewing buffs and defs on another target - information that is not worth that cost.

-Elemental Movement Rings (Pearl, Bloodstone, etc.) at 350cr each. Steep price for the casual user (I'd maybe do 200cr-250cr), and there are four of them. Also, the Bloodstone Ring doesn't even work on Dramube's sand waves!

-Except for the Manna, the Divine Artifacts are likewise steep. 400cr for 20% more esteem in only one of Lusternia's many areas is not enough to justify the cost in my head. The Font would be better if it were cheaper or could be attuned for personal powers.

-Gnome/Fink race mushrooms at 500cr each. That's almost another changeling cameo just for 2 more races.

For Combat/Offensive:

-Level 3 Runes (weapon, regen, magic damage, etc.). Most everyone aims for Level 2s and stick to it since the initial 10% - 15% boost are considerable enough perks for their given costs, but the 5% additional boost Level 3s give just do not justify the doubled cost of Level 2 Runes.

-Golden Monocle at 450cr is, like the above, a steep cost for an info-gathering tool.

-Shadow Shroud at 500cr costs too much for an Adept-level skill in most cases.

-Commandant items could honetly be just condensed into one item and priced better. Personally, I'd get the combined artie for 350cr for a specific-instance boost such as this would provide (squads, in this case).

For Utility/Trade:

-Aetheric Power Ring at 500cr. With so many free methods to quick travel, coughing up 500cr for free teleport is not soemthing I'm keen on.

-Seeing Stone at 500cr. Obsolete with Scent/Farscout/Scan now widely available. Same thing can be said for the Jewellery Trans skill, honestly.

-Spectacles of Seeing at 400cr is, like the above, a steep cost for an info-gathering tool.

-Figurine Rune at 450cr is too steep for a resetable figurine. If the figurine that reset maintained its level, I'd argue for a higher credit cost, but just reseting is useless. Might as well just pay 50cr or 100cr to make the figurine resetable (assuming that's available here).

-Pliers of Clangorum at 1500cr could stand to be 1000cr. 1500cr is just unfeasible, but is a better alternative than constantly trading in the Level 3 weapon runes that a warrior has - assuming they get the runes in the first place.

-Silver Bubble Pipe at 250cr is largely obsolete with client-side maps showing exits. Can likewise be said for Glamours IllusoryWall really. Only when new areas are released is this tool ever really used, and that's to only grief/keep people away for another couple of hours.

-Rockeaters Maw at 300cr also costs too much for an Adept-level skill in most cases.

-Jeweller's Hammer at 500cr is the only trade item I find not worth it considering the market is so saturated with gems already that it cannot justify that cost. Comparatively, the market is likewise saturated with herbs, but the cut balance on those Herb Gloves and the cheaper 300cr cost makes it definitely a worthy investment. I'd drop the hammer down to 300cr if anything.

-Merchant's Ledger at 350cr is, like the above, a steep cost for an info-gathering tool.

For Manses/Aetherships:

-Any trade room miniature is steep at 500cr each.

-Module artifacts in general average at around 520cr per module for a fully artied module - that's 2600cr for an artifacted base-level aethership (chair, 3 turrets, and grid), let alone additional utility/defensive perks like a Cloaking Gem or Collector Diamonuts. If the average could drop to 300cr per module, that would personally be more feasible.

---

At least, this is what I currently have. I'll look more closely when I get home. Do you want opinions on dingbat items, too?
  • Viynain said:

-Inspector's Magnifying Glass at 300cr. It's a capability of viewing buffs and defs on another target - information that is not worth that cost.
    As someone who got one of these in auction, I would kinda agree. It is nice for looking at people randomly. but I do not think knowing someone's buffs/defs is all that useful. There is also a 4sec equilibrium balance timer on its use as well.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Glamrock- I don't think it's worth it for as long as it resets. Since I have to have all of the items anyway, assuming that I don't care what I look like while bashing/fighting I can just pay someone way less credits to write me a script to switch between rp clothes and stat clothes with one command.

Mask of Esteemed Beauty-I haven't done the math on where you break even on the value of credits versus the value of extra esteem, but I'm guessing it's pretty close to never. Probably better off just buying esteem from other people if you want it that much.

Lips-Too expensive for general use because you're going to waste a lot of it. Buying one for special occasions like an ur'bash or an aetherhunt can be reasonable because those are limited availability events that are worth a lot of extra effective hours, though.

New races-I feel like these are probably unjustifiably expensive for their stats (ask combatants to be sure) which would mean that you'd have to be willing to pay 500 credits to RP as a race. Certainly not worth it for me, although I'd actually be willing to go that high for a city-specific race, as someone who cares about org RP a lot more than race RP.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Both fink and gnome have pretty fantastic stats. Gnome has 19 base int which is insane.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited March 2015
    Here's a short list of my things:
    1) Marauder's Mask.  It is kind of a neat toy, I got it from a gnome present, but there is no way I would pay 800cr for it.
    2) Golden Monocle.  If it gave eq-free self diagnosing / defense checking, it would definitely be worth the 450cr price tag.  Otherwise, it's just not all that useful imo.
    3) Shadow Shroud.  500cr for shroud?  I only have one because it came from a present.
    4) Magic Poisoner's Glove.  This one has probably been purchased more than it should be just because people like to buy their trade arties, but it should be more in line with the herb harvesting gloves (300cr).
    5) Magic Chisel.  Auction artifact that is just overpriced, really.  However, it can be used for griefing, so maybe that's part of why it's so expensive.  That said, the Dimensional Needle is only 300cr...
    6) Figurine Rune.  Auction artifact, part of the reason it's priced so highly is because people who bought it during the auction thought it could be used to help level up figurines.  I know, because I'm one of them, and that was my reasoning.  It doesn't actually work for that, and as such is not worth the auction price.
    7) Pliers of Clangorum.  I've had so many threads and such posted with my reasoning about this one & warrior artifacts. :)
    8) Glittering Feedback Field.  Auction artifact, etc. etc.  People probably thought it would do a great deal of damage, but I think it's pretty minor.
    9) Key to the Gate.  As described above, it's an auction artifact with better options out there already.
    10) The elemental rings.  Note that I actually did buy all four of them, but I did so with a great deal of "grrrrrrr"ing.  I think they'd be better at 250cr each, or at least some kind of bonus to buy them all as one package.
    11) Mark of the Devoted Servant.  I bought this one for RP purposes (I've bought all of the God-items), but it's absolutely pointless in terms of mechanics.

Edit: As an edit, I think that golden lips are worth their price-- they're not intended to be an "all the time" thing but instead a "I need a surge right now" thing, as Portius referenced.  That said, their time should not tick down when you are not online; they are an artifact which you buy with credits, so shouldn't have their effects expire when you're not around.
  • I think the Glamrock is the correct price. It costs the same as gloves of concealment and the cloak of shifting hues together - which combine to hide everything you're wearing (clothes, jewelry, artifacts). The glamrock does the same thing, and the cost of customization is maintenance.

Some artifacts could easily be made more desirable with relatively minor tweaks, though. That might be a more interesting thread.

I think the price of the lvl3 runes is on target as well. Some people say that extra 5% isn't "worth it," but apropos of the overhaul, that boost above the standard should be hard to get, and should be very expensive... I think if you look at it in the context of, after being otherwise maxxed out, "Would you pay 800 credits to do 5% more damage across the board?" It seems more reasonable, than when you look at it in comparison to the just the levels 1 and 2.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
    edited March 2015
    Oh. This is just my opinion but...

The beast whip and crop are pretty overpriced too, for a minor situational benefit based on nothing but damage typing. For comparison, a regular beast minorbreath is 100 trains or 100 cr if you're buying it inherent. For 500 cr you're still paying 100 trains to use this (which you shouldn't have to imo). If the base damage were higher than normal beast minorbreaths or it didn't cost beast mana to use these attacks, the cost would be far more worth it.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Out of curiosity, does anyone have concrete numbers on the difference between tier two and tier three runes on warrior/monk runes for damage?

Curious if it shakes out to a straight five percent or not.
    edited March 2015
    Artifact Rant Part 1:

Warrior Weapon Runes:

These really should come down in price to more reflect the price of caster arties. Currently, these cost 100, 275,and 600 cr for levels 1, 2, and 3. 

In order to fully artie out, a warrior needs to spend 1200 for 2 level 3 stat, 1200 for 2 level 3 wound, 500 for 2 elemental change, and (250 for 2 bleed). In comparison, a caster needs to spend 1600 for a magic rune and 350 for a shield rune and (150 for gripping). That comes up to 3150 for warriors and 2100 for casters, giving more than enough leeway for the latter to purchase class-specific things like meld rune/music rune/infinite cards/etc

Proposal:

Reduce the price levels for level 1, 2, and 3 stat/wound runes to 100, 200, and 400 cr.

With this change, the price to fully artie out as a warrior comes up to 2350, which while still more expensive for the warriors, is a bit more palatable to the average buyer because it saves them $250. If you really want to be super fair, reduce each of the elemental rune prices by 100 to make it 2150, but I feel that's unnecessary.

Incidentally, the new price scheme reflects the current prices of the caster runes as well, being twice the cost of level 1 for a level 2, and twice the cost of a level 2 for a level 3.

----------------------------------------------------

I'm still writing up the rest, but I really wanted to reiterate the price of warrior runes.

I avoided talking about warrior runes because it feels like a losing battle talking about them. But one change that'll definitely help too is to make the majority of them jewelry runes and then make a cheap arti you can attach to each weapon so that it benefits from these attached runes and can still be permanent and resetting. In this way you don't have to keep repurchasing warrior runes for each set, and can enjoy the benefit of these runes in both hunting and combat.
    Artifact Rant Part 2:

The rest of offensive / weapon artifacts:

1. Great Rune of Superior Enchantment (250 cr)

-This is basically the enchantment rune, but 5x more expensive and only adds 15 more charges. Reduce to 100 cr to better reflect the effect.

2. Commandant Items (125, 125, 200 = 450)

-These are unnecessarily separated out and confer benefits that aren't even remotely reasonable compared to the cost. 5% more gold/xp/etc in an age of limitless power, xp boosts, and crazy gold? No thanks. Merge into 1 item and for 300 cr.

3. Level 2 regen runes (850)

-Twice the buff for twice the price should be the standard, especially when it's pretty tough to see where you currently stand as far as regen is concerned. Reduce to 600 cr.

4. Enchanted Focus (150)

-I believe this was an auction artie, hence the price. I'm not sure why this even exists when you can just allow the enchantment rune to be attached to beads/etc once again and delete this item

5. Fan of Storms (250)

-A permanent gust enchant for 250 cr is too expensive given the existence of the enchant rune which you can attach to an item with gust to achieve the same effect. Reduce the price to 75 cr to account for not needing a cube.

6. Spiderweb (250)

-Similar to the fan, who doesn't just buy an enchant rune to slap on x item with webbing? Reduce price to 75 cr to account for not needing a cube.

7. Golden Monocle (450)

-Being able to diagnose and check the defs of someone for 450 cr isn't as great as it sounds, given that you're wasting the opportunity to kill your opponent. I would rather just change it so you get a free diagnose/def check about 3-5x per IC day and then reducing the price to 300cr. If you wanted people to really buy this item, fold the inspector's magnifying glass effect into it so you get 1 artifact that check diag/def/bodyscans in addition to the limited free diag/def/bodyscan. I'd pay 500 for that.

lazy solution: Reduce to 300 cr.

8. Shroud (500)

-This is too highly priced since it gives an effect that most players can already do and is even strippable. On top of that, there exists many ways to find where shrouded people went anyway. Reduce the price to 200 to account for not needing to put up the def and have access to it regardless of spec/class.

---------------------------------

Utility and trade next, probably.
  • Shuyin said:

Artifact Rant Part 2:

4. Enchanted Focus (150)

-I believe this was an auction artie, hence the price. I'm not sure why this even exists when you can just allow the enchantment rune to be attached to beads/etc once again and delete this item

This was an auction artifact. The rune makes it so the charge never drops at the start of the month, not the same as the enchantment rune that just increases the charges. Having something an enchantment that I don't have to recharge is a good thing to me.
    Can you attach a regulator to focus beads?
    edited March 2015
    But for 150 cr? I'm just saying that 50 cr + having to recharge (which you can automatically do with a regulator) is far more preferable to paying an extra 100 cr. Heck, you could pay 75 cr for a spatial expansion rune and make your cube permanent too.

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Enyalida said:

You can.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    You attach a clockwork charge regulator to a simple string of black pearl beads.

126466   a simple string of black pearl beads  worn      powerful mind             10*     173
    Enyalida said:

If I'm remembering right, it doesn't recharge what you lose per month automatically, but that's not a problem since you can just trigger it to recharge on log in.
  • Shuyin said:

But for 150 cr? I'm just saying that 50 cr + having to recharge (which you can automatically do with a regulator) is far more preferable to paying an extra 100 cr. Heck, you could pay 75 cr for a spatial expansion rune and make your cube permanent too.

While I could use a regulator, not having to is nice (even if I never actually use the focus enchantment often). I am not saying 150 isn't high, I'm just saying having one less thing to worry about (cube running out of charges I guess in the example) is something I like. I am also a person that has three artifact vials and a bandolier so I don't have to use the teardrop sigil.