What You Think Things Look Like

So I had a conversation ooc with another Lusternian about how we vision certain creatures to look like, even though we know they look nothing like it. Thought it might be fun to see how others saw things.

I'll start! This is what I sometimes imagine how the White Hart in Serenwilde to look like:
The deer god from the movie Princess Mononoke (source: https://www.etsy.com/listing/115627849/princess-mononoke-deer-god-digital)

Comments

• I picture him as a celtic stag.
    is dead like the dodo
  • edited April 2015
    -Don't mind me-
    Basically like this.
  • Trill

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • Riluna said:

Trill

Mugwump
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    The only good mugwump is a Tom Baker mugwump.

The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
  • I was going to start a thread like this when I heard about the winter/summer court thing. I had been thinking of the Glom as evergreens and the serenwilde as decidious(sp?)
    Now I picture the glom as mostly firs and some moss covered oaks, this works well if you imagine the moss getting darker and darker the further in, untill it's pitch black at the master.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    At least walking around the Serenwilde, we've wide swaths of just about everything.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    edited April 2015
    Tylwyth said:

I was going to start a thread like this when I heard about the winter/summer court thing. I had been thinking of the Glom as evergreens and the serenwilde as decidious(sp?)

Now I picture the glom as mostly firs and some moss covered oaks, this works well if you imagine the moss getting darker and darker the further in, untill it's pitch black at the master.
    I made a list of all the trees I saw a while ago while walking through Prime Glomdoring. Just for the heck of it. That list includes the typical Glom trees (ravenwood, blackthorn, hemlock, rowan) as well as ash, beech, yew, birch, oak, chestnut, pine, beech, fir, aspen, and even some willow and apple trees.

I'd love to imagine our forest as mostly pine and firs too, and maybe oak and beech, but... them apple trees.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Rancoura said:

Glomdoring apple trees are Oz apple trees, but they eat you instead of flinging apples at you.

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    This is always what I picture when I think of the necromentate:

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Lavinya said:

Related, this always comes to mind without fail when I try to visualise lucidian:

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Eritheyl said:

Lavinya said:

Related, this always comes to mind without fail when I try to visualise lucidian:

YES!

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    edited April 2015
    Being from Glomdoring, I envision White Hart more like this.  Stuffed, stuffed and mounted deer chosen on purpose so as to not upset animal people.

• ::scoff::
    None of that looks like @Delphas.
    </RANT>
  • Rancoura said:

Tylwyth said:

I was going to start a thread like this when I heard about the winter/summer court thing. I had been thinking of the Glom as evergreens and the serenwilde as decidious(sp?)

I made a list of all the trees I saw a while ago while walking through Prime Glomdoring. Just for the heck of it. That list includes the typical Glom trees (ravenwood, blackthorn, hemlock, rowan) as well as ash, beech, yew, birch, oak, chestnut, pine, beech, fir, aspen, and even some willow and apple trees.

I'd love to imagine our forest as mostly pine and firs too, and maybe oak and beech, but... them apple trees.

QUOTE=Shaddus:Glomdoring apple trees are Oz apple trees, but they eat you instead of flinging apples at you

Heh, we actually have grotesque ravenwoods newbie's/midbie's can hunt for lumber/XP/etc...

• edited April 2015
    Delphas said:

::scoff::
    None of that looks like @Delphas.

Hmm, I always pronounced that delf*ass and assumed you were a elfen version of a DILF with a sexy rear.

Basically I male version of this.

• Eritheyl said:

Lavinya said:

That hits me right in the childhood
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.

I think I figured that out... This is sort of what I see the Serenwilde Commune proper as.

Currently Playing in: The doctors office. One more needle and I might just lose it again.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Oh you.

• I like Robin Williams

Yeah, he's pretty awesome.  The Sea of Despair is bloody beautiful this time of year too!
    </RANT>
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I grew up on the Magic Flute, so I always think of the Queen of the Night's Aria when night comes up.
  • edited April 2015

Hallifax 
    (Not just the pictures, the whole movie!)

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot

@Shedrin, constantly hmming. 
    X_X
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Hmm hmm.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada

...What... movie.... is this from?

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight