In which Sebitti Silkenhand gives life advice.

TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
edited April 2015 in Event Scrolls
(on the Midnight Pearl, trying to choose between Celest/Hallifax/Glomdoring)

*~,*~,*~,*~,*~,*~,*~,*~,*~,*~,*~,*~,*~,*~,*~,*~,*~,*~,*~,*~,*~,*~,*~,*~,*~,*~,*~,*~,*~,*~,*~,*~,*~,*~,*~,*~,*~,*~,*~,

You give a pained sigh.

The faint scent of something sweet teases your nose, and a whisper of foreign voices lingers in your ears.

You wrinkle your nose and sniff.

The scent is unfamiliar - dry and sweet, yet filled with spices unfamiliar to you.

You crease your brow in a frown.

You have emoted: Tremula inhales deeply, closing her eyes as she attempts to place the spiced aroma.

A whisper of potentials, a sweetness, a subtle aroma - the voices are singing, softly and together, one falling, only to be met by another, which resumes the melody, the ululation, the cry, as if of some distant bird.

You have emoted: Tremula's breathing quickly falls in line with the singing, her chest rising and falling with the melody.

Behind your eyes, alien stars sparkle, constellations unknown to you unfolding. Something sways beneath you, as if you travel across the aethers, or the waves, and something, sea or sand, stings your cheeks bracingly.

Sebitti Silkenhand reaches out to tenderly cup your cheek in her hand.

Murmuring, Sebitti Silkenhand says, "Easy."

You have emoted: Tremula's eyes open slowly, her sevenfold eye spinning rapidly as she looks over the woman standing before her.

The singing lingers in your ears, enticing, and still, utterly alien. A few words rise to familiarity: "Iklara", and "lost".

Sebitti Silkenhand says, "You gaze a far distance, Tremula."

Cautiously, you say, "Where do I see?"

Tilting her head, Sebitti Silkenhand says, "And gaze on dangerous stars."

Sebitti Silkenhand smiles softly.

On a marble deck.
The pristine marble flooring of this deck is tinged deep red by the blood moon floating high in the night sky. Stars the same hue as the satellite they surround twinkle in and out of existance rapidly, save for three indigo ones surrounding the moon in a triangular pattern. To the south, a large circular tower stretches into the night, the northern wall made entirely of a reflective material. To the east and west are roped off walkways attached floating apart from the deck, scaffolding of gunnery showing the process of construction. Towards the north, bridge extends towards the figurehead of a large inky black bird, barely visible against the caliginous sky. Glowing faintly, an aetherplex portal floats in an archway rising from the deck - two lavender flames flickering faintly in sconces set on either side of the exit. A grey pegasus with brown wings is here, surrounded by a halo of soft white light. Sebitti Silkenhand waits here, her eyes sharp and amber. You see a sign here instructing you to use the PORTAL command to enter the aetherplex system.
You see exits leading north and south.

Sebitti Silkenhand says, "Another world, locked away and long-lost. But not a place mortals are meant to walk, I think."

Sebitti Silkenhand gazes upon you with black-shimmering eyes. Cold pinpricks of light and whirling constellations sparkle with Sebitti Silkenhand's eyes as they regard you with unnerving, unseeing focus.

Sebitti Silkenhand says, "You are a traveler, I think - one newly set out to find your Will."

You have emoted: Tremula nods slowly in agreement, her eyes still gleaming with a fair amount of suspicion.

You ask, "You are one of the Manifold Deity's, then?"

Sebitti Silkenhand closes her eyes and inhales deeply, absorbing the scent of her surroundings.

Blandly, Sebitti Silkenhand says, "Many things are possible."

Sebitti Silkenhand says, "But I would that you walk with me, on a journey."

You have emoted: Tremula gives a soft sigh before moving to stand next to you, a faint smile on her lips.

Sebitti Silkenhand smiles softly at you.

Sebitti Silkenhand says, "No harm shall come to you with me. Be at peace."

You cease wielding a golden whip of the pious in your left hand.

You cease wielding a violin of serrated bones and tendons in your right hand.

You say, "I will trust you, then."

A sudden thrumming fills the air as a vibrating Divine portal opens up directly before you, wavering madly before settling in the air, strange colours and pathways flowing beyond.

Sebitti Silkenhand says, "Come."

Sebitti Silkenhand steps through the portal.

As you step into a vibrating Divine portal you are momentarily deafened by the thrumming of the portal, distracting you from the fact that you have just stepped out into nothingness, though this uneasy realisation has barely struck you before your legs are compelled to take another step, and you emerge through an identical portal.

Within an ivory eggshell.
Throughout the location, small dancing flames flicker and spark. A sneaking orange thief prowls here, eyes gleaming amber with secrets. A single half-oval eggshell, an altar rests here, glittering with rich gemwork and oil lamps. Filling the air with a low-pitched thrum, a vibrating Divine portal floats here.
You see exits leading north, northwest, and through a vibrating Divine portal.

Sebitti Silkenhand flashes you a joyous smile.

The ghost of a smile passes fleetingly across your lips.

Sebitti Silkenhand says, "Come, sit with me before this altar. Do you recognize the Aspect it venerates?"

Sebitti Silkenhand settles to the ground in a cross-legged position, inhaling deeply. As she brings her hands up to rest open-palmed at either side, she exhales, all tension leaving her body.

You sit yourself down.

You have emoted: Tremula draws her legs beneath her demurely, sitting on them as she gazes at the altar.

You say, "Ivory, the Aspect of Creation? I believe that is what my memories say, that this Aspect was for those who wished to create and craft their paradigm to allow others a chance to see it."

Sebitti Silkenhand nods slowly and pensively.

A perfect half-oval of polished white eggshell set with a single shelf of polished ivory jade, this altar is adorned with curving, flower-like mehndi patterns traced in powdered gemstones. Sapphire, beryl, emerald and black diamond flecks glint in the gentle radiance of clear glass oil lamps set beneath. Ringed by the lights and the brilliant refractions, an enameled, ivory-framed votive image of the Empress of Bright Aspects rests, Her eyes glinting with obsidian and diamond stars. At Her feet, a polished bone bowl has been carefully centered upon the altar, shallow interior filled with discarded orange rinds and pips.

Her amber eyes briefly veiled by eyelashes, Sebitti Silkenhand says, "One portion of it. The Ivory is a path of contemplation, one based in stability. For truly, without solid ground beneath us, how can we truly know where we stand?"

You murmur, "An excellent question."

Sebitti Silkenhand says to you, "You travel now, and you stand between choices. This is a place of both stability and instability, is it not? There is a peace in a moment of transition."

You say to Sebitti Silkenhand, "But there is little light to see the way forward. One step is all it takes to plummet into the abyss."

Sebitti Silkenhand draws a small orange from within a fold of her robes and sets it in the bowl on the altar.

Thoughtfully, Sebitti Silkenhand says, "It is true. But there is the potential of failure in many places, not all of them obvious."

Sebitti Silkenhand says, "And one cannot be paralyzed by fear."

You ponder the situation.

Tapping a taloned forefinger against the hollow of her throat, you say, "I've always gone forward doing what was expected of me, from the moment I stepped from the Portal to now. I am unsure of what to do when there are no expectations."

A sneaking orange thief blinks and looks up from his contemplations.

A sneaking orange thief exclaims, "Expect nothing! Steal possibility that isn't nailed down!!"

A sneaking orange thief catapults abruptly out to the north.

Sharp scents of citrus seep away, clearing the air.

Sebitti Silkenhand's eyes sparkle with amusement.

The ghost of a smile passes fleetingly across your lips.

Sebitti Silkenhand says, "There are always expectations. Every being, even gods, form expectations of you when you first meet."

You tilt your head and listen intently.

Sebitti Silkenhand says, "Have you found no expectations or perceptions of you as you travel?"

You tilt your head and listen intently to Sebitti Silkenhand.

You say, "Everywhere but the place I have left seems to hold me in high regard, and expects nothing of me but to make myself happy with them."

Quietly, you say, "I'm afraid of letting them down, though, like I am sure I've let Her down."

Tilting her head thoughtfully, Sebitti Silkenhand says, "I'm sure you've heard this quite a bit, but why did you leave?"

Raising a hand, Sebitti Silkenhand says, "Understand - I do not seek to judge you. I am of the Beloved, and we well know that there are many paths, and many walkers of paths. And many pains and fears."

Sebitti Silkenhand says, "We welcome both murderers and liars - and thieves - amongst our ranks."

Sebitti Silkenhand's eyes sparkle with amusement.

You smile softly.

You say, "I...I was unwanted. I was accused of treason for attempting to perform my job as Ambassador. My reputation was better in foreign lands than in my own home, and I...I fell out of love with the Engine."

Sebitti Silkenhand nods pensively, her head tilted slightly in thought.

You say, "My home is no longer my home, the greatness it once was diminished. She expected me to aid in its recovery, and I failed."

Sebitti Silkenhand says, "A home is made of many pieces. The foundation, the walls, the windows, the door."

Sebitti Silkenhand says, "Can the roof hold without walls, or the walls without supports?"

You shake your head.

Sebitti Silkenhand says, "Then perhaps you have not failed Her, and your home has failed you."

You say, "I do not know if She thinks it the same. All I have wanted to do since I met Her was please Her."

You give a pained sigh.

Tilting her head once more, Sebitti Silkenhand says, "Why?"

Sebitti Silkenhand says, "I mean no insult - we serve for many reasons, do we not?"

Sebitti Silkenhand says, "But what in Her called to you?"

You smile softly.

You say, "She enchanted me without the powers She is known for. Her smile, Her movements, the ease of which She commands the world around Her. I followed Her so I could be more like Her. I followed Her so I could share some of Her greatness, and be closer to Her."

You say, "She is everything I have ever wanted to be."

Sebitti Silkenhand says, "Not an unwise decision."

Sebitti Silkenhand says, "You sought to better yourself with an Elder as a mould. Yet, something difficult to strive for, in a mortal, was it not?"

Sebitti Silkenhand says, "The Elders are nigh-indestructable, and you are not."

You say, "I did not wish to be Her, but to be seen as She does. No one has met Her without commenting on Her grace and beauty after She has gone, and she has enchanted all who sought Her. I did not wish Her divinity, no...but I wished something more foolish."

You say, "I wished Her perfection."

You smile sadly, wistful feelings welling up inside you.

You say, "Such a foolish little girl, you are, Tremula."

Sebitti Silkenhand says, "Perfection is a dream."

Pensively, Sebitti Silkenhand says, "No, not a dream."

Sebitti Silkenhand flashes you a joyous smile.

Sebitti Silkenhand says, "We must all dream. Dreams are powerful, and they drive us to heights we did not know we could stand upon."

You tilt your head and listen intently to Sebitti Silkenhand.

Sebitti Silkenhand says, "Even now, have you not presented such a strength of character that many seek to flatter you and bring you into their fold?"

Sebitti Silkenhand smiles wryly at you.

Sebitti Silkenhand says, "I think you have more strength than you are comfortable to admit."

You smile shyly, averting your eyes.

You say, "Th-that...they...I suppose."

Sebitti Silkenhand gazes upon you with black-shimmering eyes. Cold pinpricks of light and whirling constellations sparkle with Sebitti Silkenhand's eyes as they regard you with unnerving, unseeing focus.

You have emoted: Tremula whistles a tune shockingly similar to the cry of a nightingale, looking coldly into the distance.

Thoughtfully, Sebitti Silkenhand says, "And here is where I should place a poppy within your hand and bid you welcome with a kiss to the forehead amidst the Beloved."

Sebitti Silkenhand says, "Bidding you forsake the one you model yourself upon. Yes?"

You open your mouth but say nothing.

Just before you start to say something, you think better of it and bite down on your lip.

Sebitti Silkenhand gives a trillingly melodic laugh.

Sebitti Silkenhand says, "No."

You say, "Your words are sweet, Sebitti, but I am a Nightingale yet."

Sebitti Silkenhand says, "I think that would be cruel to you."

Sebitti Silkenhand nods her head sagely at you.

Sebitti Silkenhand says, "I wished to speak with you, to remind you of something. For you have made a potent choice, and make ripples in the paradigms as you walk."

'Oh?' you exclaim quizzically at Sebitti Silkenhand.

Sebitti Silkenhand says, "Already the world changes around you. So long as you watch how those around you react, and take note of the qualities of those who - even now - are allowing their house to collapse..."

Sebitti Silkenhand says, "You will always hold a measure of Will."

You have emoted: Tremula draws her hand to her chest, smiling softly and gazing at the talon upon her finger.

Sebitti Silkenhand says, "I will not prey upon your current instability. I do urge you to remember, no matter your path from here - the choice of what choices you will make, are always yours."

Sebitti Silkenhand says, "Everything changes, and everything passes - even this."

You blink.

Sebitti Silkenhand rises to her feet. Pressing her hands together, she bows before the altar, a slight smile on her lips.

Your eyesight suddenly shifts, as you briefly see the world reflected in tiny hexes of chromatic colours.

You stand up and stretch your arms out wide.

You curtsey gracefully before an eggshell altar.

Extending her hand, Sebitti Silkenhand says to you, "Come. I will take you to the Aetherplex via portal."

Sebitti Silkenhand says, "It has been a pleasure to speak with you, young nightingale."

Sebitti Silkenhand says, "May your dreams never die."

Taking your hand in hers and stepping beside you again, you say, "And the same with you, Sebitti."

You smile softly at Sebitti Silkenhand.

Sebitti Silkenhand smiles softly at you.

Sebitti Silkenhand says, "Go. Destiny awaits."
                      * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                     * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
          * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
  * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."