Lack of Raves V: Stark Ravin' Glad

1328329330331332334»

Comments

• edited March 2016
    Loredana d'Lardick adjusts her gown to show more cleavage and scuttles away to where Thorun has crashed into with haste.

You applaud Loredana d'Lardick heartily.

EDIT: meant to put it in quotes but raving anyway because get it girl.
  • The crystal-clear voice of the announcer rings across the room: Please welcome to the Ascension Gala the sublime Lady Jeanne, a windmuse elemental and the Artisanal Gust Director of Hallifax.

Have I mentioned that I love this event? Because I love this event.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Dylara said:
    Sergio Drabardi, the Ascension Gala Announcer says, "Please welcome to the Ascension Gala the summer-born Lady Dylara of House Stormcrow, Member of the Blacktalon."

Summer born was weird, but kinda fits!
    Sergio Drabardi, the Ascension Gala Announcer says, "Please welcome to the Ascension Gala the shadowed Lady Dylara of the ancient and renowned House Stormcrow, Member of the Blacktalon."

Got an actual Glom one now!

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Bummed I couldn't make this. Curse you illness and work.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I don't think I understand how the announcement works, because I tried it, and just sat there waiting for some other instruction or indication of what to do. If nothing actually did happen, though, that's pretty funny.
  • Dylara said:
    Dylara said:
    Sergio Drabardi, the Ascension Gala Announcer says, "Please welcome to the Ascension Gala the summer-born Lady Dylara of House Stormcrow, Member of the Blacktalon."

Sergio Drabardi, the Ascension Gala Announcer says, "Please welcome to the Ascension Gala the shadowed Lady Dylara of the ancient and renowned House Stormcrow, Member of the Blacktalon."

Actually Glom is the Summer Forest/Court as Seren is teh WInter forest/Court.
    Not surprised you don't know more Glommies have long since dropped all such titles. Seren might have a few with winter titles(suffix/prefix).
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Summer/Winter-born may be a reference to the character birthdays.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Vivet said:
    I don't think I understand how the announcement works, because I tried it, and just sat there waiting for some other instruction or indication of what to do. If nothing actually did happen, though, that's pretty funny.
    Turns out it was one of "those things". Once I removed all the hacks that let us pretend we have various org/guild ranks for test purposes, it started working fine! 
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I'm curious what mine would have been. 
  • Tylwyth said:
    Dylara said:
    Dylara said:

Not surprised you don't know more Glommies have long since dropped all such titles. Seren might have a few with winter titles(suffix/prefix).
    Why thank you Tylwyth, I would never have realized that Glomdoring was the Summer Court, it's not like I wasn't there or anything when Glomdoring was first released as a player org. But hey, I guess I can't laugh at how weird it is that it was brought up because it doesn't get referenced often as still being the Summer Court.

But yet again, you're quick to jump on the idea that I know absolutely nothing and treat me like a novice.

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Drocilla said:
    Vivet said:
    Turns out it was one of "those things". Once I removed all the hacks that let us pretend we have various org/guild ranks for test purposes, it started working fine! 
    Aha! So the Dread Cow of Misweaves is spared of blame this time.

• edited March 2016
    Here's the magic recipe. Make your own titles today!

Org-appropriate adjective, org/gender-based rank title, name, family name if applicable (with various adjectives based on house being historical/great/lesser/none of the above), and finally main job: elected title, minister, known guild position, or be called a slacker if none of the above. Or, if you didn't tip the guy, a chance to get assigned one of the hilarious org-based jobs the lesser "known" you are according to its own calculations.

• Just so you know, we're totally gonna buy our own announcer in Hallifax.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    And, if Sealbearer, call them the Bane of the Soulless & Protector of Creation (which is a bit weird, given that it ignores that for the people who actually did both those things!).  But ah well.  I got to be Dark Marshall again.  I happily passed it back to Narynth ASAP.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Brennan's Snot Collector?  You couldn't pay me enough!
  • Healer of the Dragon's Scar souds incredibly awesome!
    See you in Sapience.
  • For the longest time I thought combat was a huge waste but now that I'm in a class that I understand and since I have the basic idea how to kill with

OH MY GOD

This is honestly the most fun I've had playing lusternia this year, RP is great yeah but have you ever got a kill like the old players do it's just dafs;hqif.

Why did I wait four years to learn this stuff?
  • Drocilla said:
    Here's the magic recipe. Make your own titles today!

Org-appropriate adjective, org/gender-based rank title, name, family name if applicable (with various adjectives based on house being historical/great/lesser/none of the above), and finally main job: elected title, minister, known guild position, or be called a slacker if none of the above. Or, if you didn't tip the guy, a chance to get assigned one of the hilarious org-based jobs the lesser "known" you are according to its own calculations.

YYYOOOOOOOUUUU!
    beep
  • Dylara said:
    Tylwyth said:
    Dylara said:
    Dylara said:

Why thank you Tylwyth, I would never have realized that Glomdoring was the Summer Court, it's not like I wasn't there or anything when Glomdoring was first released as a player org. But hey, I guess I can't laugh at how weird it is that it was brought up because it doesn't get referenced often as still being the Summer Court.

But yet again, you're quick to jump on the idea that I know absolutely nothing and treat me like a novice.
    Yes, because not knowing one thing does indeed mean you know actually no things at all. Given you made the mistake not once but twice it is understandable that someone might think you just did not know that single thing about Glom.
  • @Taevyn @Yarith @Azula for helping me get murduh murduh and @Falmiis for holding my hand with my inexperience with Mudlet
  • edited March 2016
    Im just going to throw raves out to the Magnagora community during the Gala, was a lot of fun RPing with you all @Zarialle @Yarou @Thul @Iosen and there are probably whose names escape me.

Big thanks to bringing Lady Afaifah and Loredana in too. Much fun!
  • I cannot rave enough about how wonderful the Gala was thanks to all of you. The sense of excitement and contrast of personalities and roleplay was wonderful, and well worth the headache I have now from being up until almost 4am. We do a lot of high-drama world events but it is really nice, now and then, to do something that is purely fun.

Good luck to everyone later tonight!
  • Sergio Drabardi, the Ascension Gala Announcer says, "Please welcome to the Ascension Gala the sublime Mistress Thyelleia of the ancient and renowned House Windwhisper, Member of the Aeromancers."

I am sad that I missed the Gala (all that Gala-RP...I'd love to let Thy take part in a ball or something like that) and will probably miss Ascension as well because I am in my hometown (parents who still have not removed the 'no internet at night'-thing plus old friends to meet) but I am happy that I could still get an announcement today. And it even sounds very formal and Hallifaxian :)
  • edited March 2016
    Not worth it.

• Though I went mostly ignored during the Gala, thanks for having it and all the drama that came with it. It was great watching Serenwilde and Glomdoring have a "My penis is bigger" match and everything that went with it.
This discussion has been closed.