A Punishing Proposal

TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
edited May 2015 in Event Scrolls
Originally, Portius meant to propose to Tremula with one of his epic works - but after asking her to meet Ino in the library, with Zitto, he learned one of her terrible, terrible secrets that should not have been allowed to reach the light of day.

*~,*~,*~,*~,*~,*~,*~,*~,*~,*~,*~,*~,*~,*~,*~,*~,*~,*~,*~,*~,*~,*~,*~,*~,*~,*~,*~,*~,*~,*~,*~,

You say to Portius, "You called, Lord-Librarian?"

Junior Fellow Ino says, "I have a few puns about unemployment, but none of 'em work."

Ino nods her head sagely.

The corners of Zitto's mouth turn up as he grins mischievously.

Lord-Librarian Portius Windwhisper, Taroch Laureate says to you, "Please allow me to introduce Ino."

Lord-Librarian Portius Windwhisper, Taroch Laureate says to Ino, "Ino, this is Tremula."

You incline your head politely to Ino.

Ino blinks, pushing her spectacles up the bridge of her nose as she looks up at you.

Ino curtseys gracefully before you.

You have emoted: Tremula's sevenfold eye slowly spins as she looks over Ino with an appraising glance, eyeing her carefully

Ino sidesteps and scuttles behind Zitto

Lord Zitto Shevat, Chairman of Hallifax says, "It got awfully quiet all of the sudden."

You say, "I'm afraid I might have scared her, Chairman."

Lord Zitto Shevat, Chairman of Hallifax says to you, "Perhaps if you...smiled more?"

Zitto ponders the situation.

You stare at Ino in a vain attempt to grin, but something goes terribly wrong.

Ino peers out from behind Zitto and seems to assess the change in your expression for a long moment.

Ino ponders the situation.

Ino stares at you in a vain attempt to grin, but something goes terribly wrong.

Lord Zitto Shevat, Chairman of Hallifax says, "You know, I've often been curious about where the sun goes after it sets."

Lord Zitto Shevat, Chairman of Hallifax says, "Once I stayed up all night trying to figure it out, and then it dawned on me."

Portius Windwhisper politely applauds Zitto while stifling a giggle.

You have emoted: The maelstrom of Taint surrounding Tremula shifts into more calming and soothing patterns as she glances at Ino with a softer expression, her eyes more curious than searching.

Ino scuttles back behind Zitto

With bored disinterst, you say to Zitto, "I tired of calculating the time period it takes for the sun to make a full rotation, so I decided to call it a day."

Zitto politely hides a smile behind one hand but fails to conceal the mirth in his eyes.

Portius glances at you, brings his hand to his mouth and releases a small 'teehee'.

Waggling his eyebrows, Lord Zitto Shevat, Chairman of Hallifax says, "I actually studied up after Ino beat us so badly last month."

Lord Zitto Shevat, Chairman of Hallifax says, "I was talking to a Celestine about how you make holy water. It turns out all you have to do is boil the Nil out of it."

Her voice carrying from behind Zitto, Junior Fellow Ino says, "There's a lotta shady characters waiting for their day in th'sun y'know."

Your eyes sparkle with amusement.

From behind Zitto, Junior Fellow Ino says, "They noticed th'sun was out that day, but no one bothered to relight it."

Portius glances at Ino, brings his hand to his mouth and releases a small 'teehee'.

Junior Fellow Ino says, "If'n you read a book from the library out in the sun for too long, it makes y'well read."

Glancing at her nails, you say, "What do you call it when you mix holy water and dysentery?"

Lord-Librarian Portius Windwhisper, Taroch Laureate says to you, "What?"

Lord Zitto Shevat, Chairman of Hallifax says, "Holy sh...never mind."

Her face a polite mask of indifference, you say, "A religious movement."

Zitto cackles hellishly.

Ino peers out from behind Zitto

Portius Windwhisper gazes at you with a mixture of desire and adoration.

Junior Fellow Ino says, "If the Sun and all th' planets got together and had a family, y'know who'd get everythin' when they died?"

Raising a frosted eyebrow curiously, you ask Ino, "Who?"

Junior Fellow Ino says, "Well, th'lawyer they had recommended a sole-heir system."

The ghost of a smile passes fleetingly across your lips.

Sighing and allowing a faint smile to cross her face, you say, "Did you hear about the supply of experimental Gaudiguchian male enhancement suppliments that got stolen?"

With a perfectly straight face, you say, "They don't know who did it, but they're on the look-out for hardened criminals."

Junior Fellow Ino says, "No, but I've heard they're still searchin' for that fish in the sea that keeps eludin' them. They'll just have t'keep holdin' this rod until it happens."

Ino nods solemnly, her golden eyes wide in her face.

Zitto scratches his head, a confounded expression on his face.

You say, "I'm afraid mine only get baudier and less polite as they go on."

Lord Zitto Shevat, Chairman of Hallifax says, "Have you all heard the story of the warrior with the broken sword?"

Lord Zitto Shevat, Chairman of Hallifax says, "I mean, I'd tell you, but it's pointless."

A series of chiming notes, distinctly crystalline, ring out in the distance in a slow, descending scale.

Junior Fellow Ino says, "Well we all knew th'warriors weren't the sharpest."

You have emoted: The corner of Tremula's mouth turns up slightly as she nods in approval towards Zitto.

Junior Fellow Ino whispers to Portius, "Lordarian, are you broken?"

A pure black nightmare's stomach gives one last desperate growl before she keels over from starvation.
A pure black nightmare has no food in its feedbag and is starving. She tries to return to the Crystal Keeper for care.
A pure black nightmare shimmers and fades away from sight.
A pure black nightmare has lost a level.

Portius whispers something quietly to Ino.

With a slight smirk, Lord Zitto Shevat, Chairman of Hallifax says to Ino, "I think he is struck by sheer admiration for Miss n'Lochli."

The ghost of a smile passes fleetingly across your lips.

Under her breath, you say to Ino, "This is the first time he's heard me pun, I am afraid I may have accidentally broken him."

Quietly, Lord-Librarian Portius Windwhisper, Taroch Laureate says, "Mental damage is unlikely."

Junior Fellow Ino whispers to Zitto, "He did look rather slack-gobbed when she started crackin' 'em out."

Lord Zitto Shevat, Chairman of Hallifax says to Ino, "I speculate that he is experiencing the closest thing he ever feels to love."

You say, "I'm afraid puns are like the Taint itself, my dear."

Junior Fellow Ino says, "Innocent until proven guilty?"

You say, "They both roll right off of my tongue."

A grey pegasus with brown wings trots in with head high, butting you gently with her head.

A grey pegasus with brown wings obediently falls into line behind you.

You ponder the situation.

Ino wraps her hand around the end of her braid and sidles half-way behind Zitto again

Lord-Librarian Portius Windwhisper, Taroch Laureate says to you, "Tremula?"

Batting her eyelashes, you say to Portius, "Yes, Lord-Librarian?"

Lord-Librarian Portius Windwhisper, Taroch Laureate says to you, "Will you marry me?"

You say, "No."

With a slight twitch of the lips, Lord-Librarian Portius Windwhisper, Taroch Laureate says, "As you wish."

Lord-Librarian Portius Windwhisper, Taroch Laureate says to you, "If you are certain, of course."

Grinning mischievously, you say, "No I am not certain, and of course you may have my hand. I simply wished to relish the look of shock on your face."

Brightening, Lord-Librarian Portius Windwhisper, Taroch Laureate says, "Oh, wonderful. Perfect."

Portius gets down on one knee and, while holding forth a thick steel ring bearing a lapis lazuli, declares his eternal love for you, and asks you to marry him. Type AGREE if you will agree to marry him.
If you accept this proposal, you will lose your family name when you are married.

You joyfully accept Portius's proposal of marriage, and his gift of a thick steel ring bearing a lapis lazuli.
Note: Once you are married you will lose your family name.
                      * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                     * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
          * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
  * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."

Comments

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I like how the nightmare just keeled over and died during the proposal, and nobody noticed / reacted.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Xenthos said:
    I like how the nightmare just keeled over and died during the proposal, and nobody noticed / reacted.
    Hey now, I summoned my pegasus!

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Alternate titles for this log:

I like big taints and I cannot lie.

Keep your friends close, but your test subjects closer.

Tainted booty to spare.

Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Just because my tainted hips are incapable of telling a falsity does not mean I have any derrière to spare. 

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Faux real.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • So much fun things in this log. Awesome guys!
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.