Various Things

I've been back for a little bit now, so I might as well do some housekeeping.

1) Beastmastery - How does this work again? Specifically the relationship between feed, reagents, and trains.

2) Overhaulin' - I know everything is being converted to a four cure system, is that mostly done? As in, can I get rid of my purgatives and salves now, or are we still in an awkward in-between stage where we still need all of the pre-change cures, AND the post-change cures?

3) Dingbat things - I have 110 dings, 2 dolls that are wildly inappropriate for Stratas (A Selene doll? Srsly), and a Charm of Clangoru of dubious value now that Stratas isn't a binge drinker. If I cash them all in, that's 170 dings. But then, I'm not sure what's worth even buying. A dirigible seems like it would be somewhat neat and practical, though I can't say I have a heavy need to deliver stuff. A scarecrow hat might be nice for charity influence? What else in the up-to-150 dings range is good?

4) Artifacts - I have about 300 credits that I have no greater purpose for than to frivolously waste on whatever. So I'm thinking about some kind of damage boosting thing. Which would be more of an effect, the 2/100 crit rune, or the 3/13 damage buff rune?
The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!

Comments

• Stratas said:
    I've been back for a little bit now, so I might as well do some housekeeping.

2) Overhaulin' - I know everything is being converted to a four cure system, is that mostly done? As in, can I get rid of my purgatives and salves now, or are we still in an awkward in-between stage where we still need all of the pre-change cures, AND the post-change cures?

3) Dingbat things - I have 110 dings, 2 dolls that are wildly inappropriate for Stratas (A Selene doll? Srsly), and a Charm of Clangoru of dubious value now that Stratas isn't a binge drinker. If I cash them all in, that's 170 dings. But then, I'm not sure what's worth even buying. A dirigible seems like it would be somewhat neat and practical, though I can't say I have a heavy need to deliver stuff. A scarecrow hat might be nice for charity influence? What else in the up-to-150 dings range is good?

Answering these two questions -

Re: overhaul - yes, you still need everything minus wormwood. There is a butch of potion things that only cure one or so things (antidote for crotamine, choleric for lovepotion, phlegmatic for void(although this has other cures, so you could get rid of it in theory), liniment for burnlevels, sanguine for scalped and furrowedbrow). The aff/cure part is 3/4ths done. all that is left is the warrior affs (restorative ice) that will come when that is done.

Re dingbats: if you don't have a nose, I would get that for 150db. Scent is such a nice thing to have.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Stratas said:

If you don't have a nose, get a nose. Otherwise, Dirigible is nice but not a must-have
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.