Other Stats (str, dex, con, int, char)

Comments

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    You have what I assume is a typo. Psymet Enhance (strength) is actually 2/2 on live (+2 STR previously).

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    There's either going to be two ways to move forward regarding speed bonuses:

A.) Remove all speed bonuses, balance around neutral, add in speed bonuses later on if needed (or create skills similar to Quickening or old Hyperactive).

B.) Keep speed bonuses, leave open ALL skills to be adjusted based on speed. PrincessFarewell, Hexes and Warriors/Monks come to mind mostly as what will need a lot of speed adjusting.

Either way, both will require work, and as long as ALL skills can be envoyed by ANY envoy to adjust speed, I have no problems with either solution then. If it comes down to something like what has happened in the past where Reports were somewhat ignored if it didn't come from the guild(or held to higher standards when all reports should be held to high standards), then I have absolutely zero faith in the overhaul.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • What about abilities that change size?
  • I would like to thoroughly keep watch on aeon, it is the only aff that prevents stack commands (like sap) that also cannot be cured externally. 

You get aeoned and you are waiting to die or cure out, there is no fight, and there is nothing else you can really do.

This is the definition of a gank, not a fight...... when your only action available is wait.
  • I got aeoned and could not do anything. My commands weren't delayed, they were just not going through at all

• Arix said:
    I got aeoned and could not do anything. My commands weren't delayed, they were just not going through at all

It is possible that is a bug, but perhaps more likely a problem with your system? Have a log?
  • Malarious said:
    I would like to thoroughly keep watch on aeon, it is the only aff that prevents stack commands (like sap) that also cannot be cured externally. 

You get aeoned and you are waiting to die or cure out, there is no fight, and there is nothing else you can really do.

This is the definition of a gank, not a fight...... when your only action available is wait.

Not to mention the anti-fun atmosphere it breeds to combat.

Should try getting spammed with princessfarewell by one target multiple times. Hilariously 'engaging'.

• Steingrim said:
    Arix said:
    I got aeoned and could not do anything. My commands weren't delayed, they were just not going through at all

It is possible that is a bug, but perhaps more likely a problem with your system? Have a log?
    oh man, it could have been a bug. I knew I should have taken a screenshot
  • May I suggest that whenever someone puts up a defense or gains a buff, that they get a secondary message underneath stating how much it just gave or what their resistance/boost has just become? Would be easier to keep track with all these changes happening and for us to try and get more used to it.

Could be a CONFIG option really.
  • additionally, could we get a BODYSCAN CHARISMA (not old charisma) that would tell us what buffs we currently have that are boosting our influencing and how much they are giving us?
  • Influencing bonuses don't work off the 1/10 level system that other buffs are factored in by.
  • Malarious said:
    I would like to thoroughly keep watch on aeon, it is the only aff that prevents stack commands (like sap) that also cannot be cured externally. 

So this might sound strange as an Institute combatant, but I agree. Aeon tends to be not very fun for the target, and is a huge pain to write a system for. Removing it from the game would likely be an improvement.

Course this would mean Institute and a few other guilds would require a big rewrite, but it's not impossible.
  • Baelor said:
    Influencing bonuses don't work off the 1/10 level system that other buffs are factored in by.
    Might be a nice thing to do at some point... Currently, it's a very opaque system where no one really knows what level of buff you get from the various influencing boosts.
  • Ssaliss said:
    Baelor said:
    Influencing bonuses don't work off the 1/10 level system that other buffs are factored in by.
    Might be a nice thing to do at some point... Currently, it's a very opaque system where no one really knows what level of buff you get from the various influencing boosts.

It's not really a small project and would require a mechanical rewrite for very little gain. As things stand now, there is no reason to simply not utilise all available influencing bonuses you have to hand.
  • Baelor said:

Ssaliss said:

Baelor said:

It's not really a small project and would require a mechanical rewrite for very little gain. As things stand now, there is no reason to simply not utilise all available influencing bonuses you have to hand.

The gain is not obvious and the upkeep may not be worth the effort. But that just means people will have to compare notes and guess what the bonus is.
  • Daganev said:
    Ssaliss said:
    Baelor said:

The gain is not obvious and the upkeep may not be worth the effort. But that just means people will have to compare notes and guess what the bonus is.
    Also, it's not something that have to be done right away. Finish what's left of the overhaul, and then come back to this. It seems odd that one system out of the many doesn't work on a tiered scale.
  • The bonuses also have an entirely different effect than the tier system works, for example the racial bonuses actually add to the size of the old stat related multiplier.
  • edited June 2015
    Is this intentional? (by this, I refer to how with little effort, I'm at 14/10 )

19:39:50.526 *****************************[ Bodyscan - Vitals ]*****************************

19:39:50.526 Stat Effect Value Max

19:39:50.526 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

19:39:50.526 Health Weathering 1 2

19:39:50.526 Health Veteran 1 4

19:39:50.526 Health Hero's fete 1 5

19:39:50.526 Health Yellow 1 5

19:39:50.526 Health Surge 5 10

19:39:50.526 Health Workout 5 10

19:39:50.526  Total 10

• That you're 10/10 with surge? Yes. Though without it you'd be 9/10 and not have the -5 to mana.

Workout is exclusive to people with Athletics, other guilds have bonuses to mana and ego instead.
  • edited June 2015
    If I got the karma blessings I'd be at 10/10 without surge or the mana loss. Maybe even 11/10
    What I thought was wierd was that I was at 12/10 with only surge, workout, weathering and veteran.
  • Again this is correct, Surge is one of those awkward skills that lacks a purpose now. Currently trying to find a use for it, open to suggestions.
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    How about making surge a decent universal damage buff but still at the cost of a mana malus?

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • Would a short duration of increased damage and speed make sense?
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Monks get Yoga, a 3/8 health buff, less than warriors, but better than most other guilds. And Yoga also gives 1/5 mana boost. And then we get to choose between another 1/5 health boost in acrobatics, or a ego boost in psionics. Pretty cool. :D

• Is there any reason charisma cannot still add to base-charisma for the purposes of influencing and debating? If you have the endowment of vanity, make it function as though you have base 18, instead of 16.

Alternately, endowment of vanity could be used to buff the speed of individual influence and debate attacks, a benefit of boosting charisma which has been lost.

#NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • Qistrel said:
    Monks get Yoga, a 3/8 health buff, less than warriors, but better than most other guilds. And Yoga also gives 1/5 mana boost. And then we get to choose between another 1/5 health boost in acrobatics, or a ego boost in psionics. Pretty cool. :D

did lol.
  • Talan said:

Alternately, endowment of vanity could be used to buff the speed of individual influence and debate attacks, a benefit of boosting charisma which has been lost.

And is intentionally staying dead. Debating has been normalised across the board, and we're happy about that.
  • Baelor said:
    Again this is correct, Surge is one of those awkward skills that lacks a purpose now. Currently trying to find a use for it, open to suggestions.
    If you leave surge I would suggest offering direct conversions with a new syntax like SURGE FOR <1-5>, taking penalty of the same value.

I don't like damage reduction because they have numb, what about making surge heal a chunk of health for a few power and taking a chunk of mana damage?

• Malarious said:
    Baelor said:
    Again this is correct, Surge is one of those awkward skills that lacks a purpose now. Currently trying to find a use for it, open to suggestions.
    If you leave surge I would suggest offering direct conversions with a new syntax like SURGE FOR <1-5>, taking penalty of the same value.

I don't like damage reduction because they have numb, what about making surge heal a chunk of health for a few power and taking a chunk of mana damage?

Transmute already does that.
  • I was thinking a larger version, but I was also operating on the assumption transmute had a timer.

No timer just means spam more. Hm...........