Purchaseable Race Ideas

2»

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Baelor said:
    Paid races already have access to perks that simply would not exist on any other race and are only justified by the fact they are gated behind a paid race.

That is as much of an advantage as we will give to Finks, Gnomes and any other race that may come into existence through the same mechanics in future.
    Not to disagree here, but what exactly do gnomes and finks have as a perk that you believe warrants a 500 credit cost?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited June 2015
    Qistrel said:
    At this point are there any fantasy races left that we don't have? :P

Off the top of my head, Satyrs I believe.

Additionally, we do know as a fact that there was another race that was planned to be of lusternia's choices initially but later scratched, they were called Wallabees, and appeared marsupial in nature. Here's a rather badly cut out version of it.

Although personally im not much a big fan of them, but yep.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Well, sileni are satyrs/fauns, so they exist(ed), we just can't be them.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Would shards of Thax be too much like Geochem?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Daraius said:
    Would shards of Thax be too much like Geochem?

Thax isnt dead Okay!  X(
  • Shaddus said:
    Baelor said:
    Paid races already have access to perks that simply would not exist on any other race and are only justified by the fact they are gated behind a paid race.

That is as much of an advantage as we will give to Finks, Gnomes and any other race that may come into existence through the same mechanics in future.
    Not to disagree here, but what exactly do gnomes and finks have as a perk that you believe warrants a 500 credit cost?
    I believe I've said before the price of a race doesn't determine how I balance it. The fact that the races are credit races, regardless of the cost, allowed for unique perks, damage shift on turrets being a prime example. We were adamant that it was something we would never do, but the opportunity presented itself here and was justification to do so.

As @Manteekan mentioned in the no-stat thread if this is a purchase issue for people, please email Estarra about it, artifact costs and purchases are not something I deal with, so discussing artifact costs with myself is a fruitless discussion. I design and balance, usually before a cost is even attributed.
  • Xenthos said:
    I thought all the existing Sileni remaining were spirits, and thus incapable of producing more offspring?
    Just have some on some minor(ethereal?) aetherbubble, some gnome/finks found/rescued them before they rest went extinct.
    If most Centaurs go Seren, then perrhaps it gets destroyed and they migrate to Glom?

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim: