Envoy Reports

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Celina said:
    Shuyin said:
    "Twist sucks" - Celina

Twists 1 through 6 still suck. JUST SO YOU KNOW. That's still a high percentage of suckage.
    Obviously twist 1-6 should have a 50% chance of instakilling the target
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    edited January 2013
    @Eventru

So, what are the chances we can refund people who made splendours at a higher cost than greatrobes, and then skillflexed it out, and basically lost comms on the deal if they don't want to actively be tailors?

/almost serious

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I'm sure the Aslarans and Krokani would be glad to reimburse you the cost of those comms :P
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    I agree, can I be refunded all the essence I used skillflexing my secondtrade back.

I demand satisfaction.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Ssaliss said:
    I'm sure the Aslarans and Krokani would be glad to reimburse you the cost of those comms :P
    I'm not sure about "glad," but they are pretty good at dying.
  • Shaddus said:

@Eventru

So, what are the chances we can refund people who made splendours at a higher cost than greatrobes, and then skillflexed it out, and basically lost comms on the deal if they don't want to actively be tailors?

/almost serious

Those are questions for Estarra, who alone handles those kinds of decisions.

Though I note that, from what I've read, while they're less useful than they were, even without tailoring you can maintain the extra proofings (which isn't useless!) and I think part of the change was that splendours can be repaired without becoming tawdry (I'm not sure if that occurs without the skillset?)
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Do they revert to splendours upon retaking the skillset?
  • Apparently, according to Tacita above.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Shaddus said:
    Celina said:
    Shuyin said:
    "Twist sucks" - Celina

Twists 1 through 6 still suck. JUST SO YOU KNOW. That's still a high percentage of suckage.
    Obviously twist 1-6 should have a 50% chance of instakilling the target

*writes a report*
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Yes, nonsplendour splendours resplendourize.
    On another note, can someone explain to me exactly what Hyperactive effects now?
  • Shuyin said:
    Yes, nonsplendour splendours resplendourize.
    How splendidly splendid of them!
  • edited January 2013

For those who asked, we aren't doing refunds for trade skills at this time. Putting aside the mechanics on how to refund every tradeskill that anyone could claim they got just for the trans item and tracking down and voiding any trans skill item (or any other item that you've crafted and benefited from while having the skill), I don't believe this is a change that makes those skills "worthless" but rather was a balance adjustment which I've been worried over for some time and was underscored by a certain envoy report. Further, I do not believe setting a precedent that we will refund any time there is a balance change would be very product--and you know someone will start claiming since we refunded before we should again whenever a skill gets changed that they don't agree with. And, finally, if we decide to tweak tradeskills further, I certainly don't want to be put into the position of people screaming that because they didn't know of upcoming tweaks that they now demand that we refund whatever they spent a prior refund on to get the tradeksill back. So, yes, I know some people are very upset and question my integrity and/or scruples because I've declined to give refunds at this time, but I think that is our best way forward for now.

• HAH! (<-- I am a tattoo user.)

Robe users who wanted to get into combat before this had 2 choices:
    1) Take up and trans tailoring
    2) Take up and trans tailoring, then buy a doctoral cord before switching to another trade.

Robe users who wanted to get into combat now have 1 choice:
    1) Take up and trans tailoring

Nothing has changed about the minimum level of investment needed to get into the combat scene seriously. It's still as obscene as it always has been. I've not been a tailor since tattoos came out, but if I remember correctly, splendours last around 70 in game months. So you had to buy a doctoral cord or eat the lesson loss for flexing every 2 rl months or so to upkeep your splendours, even before this change. Splendours have never been a "trans trade item" that could be abused in the same way masterarmour, tierstones etc were unless you were a cord owner.

As for all the other trans trade items, none of them are essential for combat. None of them even give significant benefits alone. If you had every single trans trade item, though, obviously you'd have a decent edge in both utility as well as actual combat buffs over someone who doesn't. 5dmp isn't much, but 5dmp plus sip bonus plus reduced ego or mana use will add together to give you a decent buff. So, what does this mean?

It means that before the change, people who had the credits had an advantage over people who didn't, in combat. This is reasonable, of course, credits cost money or (a shit load of) bashing/questing time to get. But it's also frustrating for those who don't have either of those to sink into a game. Not only do they have to get omni trans, they have to compete with a disadvantage unless they're willing to get multiple trades as well. Well, this advantage has now been neutralised. My response? F*** yeah!

• Shaddus said:
    On another note, can someone explain to me exactly what Hyperactive effects now?
    You can fully bypass waylay, motion alarms, illusions, runes, ancestral spirits, hexes, and reality shift.

^ According to the AB file, information provided by Malarious.

• Ah damn. Now it's going to be a bit harder to get hold of any-trader-that-is-not-a-tailor. I will need to find a bookbinder buddy if I won't be able to keep it.
    If it's broken, break it some more.
  • edited January 2013
    So... gogo new thread to buff the other trans skills to the point that they are all equally attractive?
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited January 2013
    We probably need a tradeskills special report at some point.
  • The other tradeskills should definitely not be buffed to be on par with splendours. If anything, the gap between splendours and greatrobes should probably change to bring it more in line with the rest of them, as previously suggested.
  • Ragniliff said:
    The other tradeskills should definitely not be buffed to be on par with splendours. If anything, the gap between splendours and greatrobes should probably change to bring it more in line with the rest of them, as previously suggested.

Perhaps, I just wonder how the players would feel about "taking more things away"

But like... ever since the change to prized that stopped it working across aetherspace, I've never really been able to justify it over any other skill.

• They should probably just restore Prized to its original functionality, now that there are bubblixes and the aetherepic gives some wide access.

That or strip its power costs entirely.
  • Ragniliff said:
    They should probably just restore Prized to its original functionality, now that there are bubblixes and the aetherepic gives some wide access.

That or strip its power costs entirely.
    Well yeah, it really is just a one way bubblix in that use that you can move around... a bit. The whistle might be the only concern.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    My report didn't even get mentioned in the news post :(
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • So hyperactive lasts for 5 minutes for 5 power and lets you avoid a lot of things that fire on entry/exit. It also give a chance to avoid traps but not 100% like the others..

I could see bards actually getting some use out of that.

• Like the OP, I also own the Doctoral Cord of Talents, I also skillflex between high and low magic, and I'm also trans in lots of crafts. 

The change sucks for people like me and the OP -- but makes sense. I share some of the same frustration with the OP over how drastic the change seems, but I recognize the reasons for it. The trade-trans goodies were always secondary for me, however, as I use the Cord primarily for merchant stuff. 

I noticed much of this discussion had to do with the magic tome.. just pointing out (this post might have been before implementation) that the tome works skillflexed out of bookbinding.. it just won't recharge itself bashing or give DMP

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    I've always had an irrational dislike for the Cord, dunno why. Even though it was on my list of 'things to get (but won't be able to afford for a very long time)'. So I'm glad that the 'ultimate' artifact on my list is now the Endowment of the Arts.

Though I do feel bad for the people who spent so much getting it and all the trades.

• Qistrel said:
    I've always had an irrational dislike for the Cord, dunno why. Even though it was on my list of 'things to get (but won't be able to afford for a very long time)'. So I'm glad that the 'ultimate' artifact on my list is now the Endowment of the Arts.

Though I do feel bad for the people who spent so much getting it and all the trades.
    The Cord is still sweet, no need to feel bad! 
  • Only just saw the reactions here to the change to tradeskills. I have a whole slew of trans tradeskill items myself and still love the change, because an arms race requiring you to even switch guilds and orgs to collect the pretty powerful things some trade skills have is just annoying for everyone. That said, it is time for me to finally pick up the secondtrade power...
  • Most of January envoy reports have been decided on. Will be some time yet before they are implemented and there is a announce post though.

Spoiler!
    Some went through and some were shot down. 
    The change to the moon tarot is going to be interesting.

• ANNOUNCE NEWS #2145
    Date: 2/16/2013 at 22:01
    To  : Everyone
    Subj: Envoy Reports - January 2013.

o Stealth Ghostwalk's distance has been increased from 15 rooms to 40 rooms. Report 899.

o Necroscream's CarillonKnell is now 100% excorable damage. Report 976.

o Tracking's Armour ability now has a much shorter balance cost and the syntax has changed slightly. Report 990.

o Night Scourge now steals 1.25 seconds of balance from the target. Report 1013.

o Tarot's Moon card now costs 2 power and gives stupidity, dizziness and confusion simultaneously. Tarot's Enigma can no longer cause the Moon card. Report 1016.

o Hailstorms now obscure exits in rooms, like blizzards or rainstorms.

o Loralaria's AureolinAubade now allows you to PLAY AUREOLINAUBADE to see those lusting after you. Those with Paradigmatics Enthrall can now also SHIFT ENTHRALLED, for the same effect. Report 1021.

o When deafness is given by a mobile, it will strip truehearing before it gives deafness. You can now see someone's mouth moving as they talk in your room if you are deaf and not blind. Report 1022.

o Aquachemantics, Wildewood and Aerochemantics all have a new ability to raise their mists, flowers and fields simultaneously. It costs 3 power. They can now also target these effects without their victim in the room
    and can disperse any one at will. Report 1015.

o Artisans have a new ability - Maintain! Report 1008.

Penned by My hand on the 9th of Vestian, in the year 347 CE.