Adasser Explains the Warrior Spirits and Everiine Tells the Tale

EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / BrontaurIndianapolis, IN, USA
edited July 2015 in Event Scrolls
(Serenwilde): You say, "How fare the Shelterfolk?"

(Serenwilde): Adasser, Wolverine's Kit says, "Belated hail, High Chief! All fares well at the
Moonhart!"

Shifting your attention to Adasser, Wolverine's Kit, you powerfully slam a fist against your own
chest in a tribal display of respect.

You smile and say to Adasser, Wolverine's Kit, "I am glad to hear it."

Shaking his head, you say to Adasser, Wolverine's Kit, "I am beginning to doubt that the Great
Chieftain will be ready for a vision quest for the Wolverine any timem soon."

Adasser, Wolverine's Kit is leaning against a nearby tree, a quirk of a smile coming to his lips as
you arrive and speak. "Aye, it is quite good," he emphasizes, his attention turning to Mairim.

A fierce timberwolf tilts back his head in a low, resonant howl.

Blinking away from the wolf and back to you Adasser, Wolverine's Kit nods. "It would seem that way,"
he adds, his lips pursed thoughtfully.

Adasser, Wolverine's Kit says, "Either we press on without him, or we continue to wait. I'll be
happy with either option."

You hear a rustling and turn to see @Malorne emerging from the undergrowth.
A centaur hunter raises his spear to Malorne.
A kephera nature warder exclaims, "Greetings, forest dweller!"

You greet Malorne with a sincere smile.

Malorne flashes you a joyous smile.

You say to Adasser, Wolverine's Kit, "I shall ask his permission to proceed without him. As I know
it is important to him, I would not seek for us to travel the path alone without him."

Malorne tilts his head curiously at you.

Adasser, Wolverine's Kit nods in full agreement.

You say to Adasser, Wolverine's Kit, "Though I would feel safer having him with us, the path cannot
remain closed forever."

Adasser, Wolverine's Kit comments, "Safety is necessary." Consciously, the guard presses a hand
against his armoured chest, recalling a memory.

Everiine's wings flutter in sympathy. "Though we know all too well that safety is
never assured in the realm of the Warrior Spirits; even with a guide, there is always danger," he
says.

Nodding in agreement, the guard concurs. Then, in an attempt to move the conversation in a different
direction, Adasser, Wolverine's Kit says, "I heard Lodge Chief [ @Urdnot ] Starleaf completed a quest recently."

Blinking and turning his mind from more somber thoughts, you say to Adasser, Wolverine's Kit,
"Indeed, he did. He journeyed for Brother Jaguar and met His Servant, the black bear."

Adasser, Wolverine's Kit's mouth turns up as his face breaks into a smile.

Adasser, Wolverine's Kit says, "I am glad. He is a good kid, the Lodge Chief." He nods before
continuing, "I see him taking a solid role within the Lodge."

Wryly, Adasser, Wolverine's Kit says, "Beyond the one he presently has, of course."

You say to Adasser, Wolverine's Kit, "As do I. He has perseverance, and dedication. He will
dutifully perform tasks that others will not. He rarely complains. Indeed, I am quite proud of him."

You laughingly say to Adasser, Wolverine's Kit, "If I am not careful, he will soon be High Chief."

Adasser, Wolverine's Kit utters a deep, rumbling laugh.

A slight tease in his voice, Adasser, Wolverine's Kit exclaims, "Who knows, High Chief! Who knows!"

You chuckle long and heartily at Adasser, Wolverine's Kit.

Malorne tells you, "Why does he have so many weapons?"

You tilt your head curiously at Malorne.

look adasser
The infamous elfen known as Adasser appears more like a stylish dandy than a warrior of the
Serenguard. For example, his armour is the highest-quality leather, well-treated and cut into a
smart suit embroidered with a silver tree. Around his shoulders, a vivid, crimson cloak of
Tolborollan cotton falls and streams out behind him with every gust of wind. Red-dyed alligator skin
trousers with leather details sheathe his slender legs, and even his head is crowned with a
fashionable headpiece: an antlered, fox-furred skullcap that does little to contain his long, blond
hair. Starting at the juncture of his right hand and wrist, a jagged red stripe zigzags on the back
of his palm - a mark indicating his service to the Serenguard Tribe. Full of mirth, his eyes are
startling in hue: the palest of blue like Moon Lake frozen over. Like a treasured memento, a sprig
of chervil encased in a glass pendant hangs from the guard's neck. He holds a delicate unicorn
rapier in both hands, whilst weapon-filled scabbards and frogges are strapped to his chest.
Adasser, Wolverine's Kit is quite powerful.

Bashfully, Dedicant Malorne, of the Hart says, "I did not want to interrupt."

You chuckle long and heartily at Malorne.

Adasser, Wolverine's Kit tilts his head and listens intently.

You say to Malorne, "You need not worry, little one. The Wolverine's Kit and I were having a casual
conversation."

Mumbling now, clearly embarassed, Dedicant Malorne, of the Hart says to Adasser, Wolverine's Kit, "I
was just wondering why you wear so many weapons at once, and then have your own sword."

Adasser, Wolverine's Kit looks at both his hands, the pair white-tight in their grip of his rapiers.
Then his eyes roam to his scabbards and frogges before he looks up and gives Malorne a grin. "Why, a
Serenguard must always be prepared in the defense of the forest, friend. Always prepared!"

Showing that he understands, Malorne nods his head slowly.

His face coloured red as he steps back, Dedicant Malorne, of the Hart says, "Thank you."

Grinning, Adasser, Wolverine's Kit says, "No need to blush or step back, friend. We are commune
mates. We are on equal footing."

Waving the male elfen back over, you say to Malorne, "No need to step back! As I said, this is a
friendly, casual conversation. You need not fear either him or I, for we are Serenguard. We--."

You utter a deep, rumbling laugh at Adasser, Wolverine's Kit.

You say to Adasser, Wolverine's Kit, "To think, at one time, I would have been insulted that you and
I think alike. I am glad that such days are behind us."

Malorne nods his head at you.

Looking fondly at the guard, you say to Malorne, "Adasser is special, though. He is the only elfen
guard to ever earn a Serenguard stripe, and the only one to take a vision quest for one of the
Warrior Spirits."

Adasser, Wolverine's Kit strikes a pose.

Tilting his head curiously, Dedicant Malorne, of the Hart says, "Warrior Spirits?"

Malorne ponders for a moment and says "Hrm..."

Dedicant Malorne, of the Hart says, "Even if I don't know quite which are defined as warrior spirits,
 that is very impressive!"

You ask Adasser, Wolverine's Kit, "Would you like to tell hiim?"

Eyes widened at the thought, Adasser, Wolverine's Kit says, "I can. Though, I hope I can explain
Them well enough."

Malorne's mouth turns up as his face breaks into a smile.

Malorne tilts his head and listens intently to Adasser, Wolverine's Kit.

Everiine gestures to Adasser, Wolverine's Kit, allowing him to explain.

Closing his eyes, Adasser, Wolverine's Kit says, "The Three Warriors are animal Great Spirits,
though we know not who brought Them into existence."

Opening his eyes, Adasser, Wolverine's Kit continues, with a nod of his head at Malorne. "They are
much like White Hart, hive souls of their respective creatures: Brother Jaguar, Brother Eagle, and
Sister Wolverine."

You pet a fierce timberwolf ingratiatingly.
A fierce timberwolf swivels his ears towards you with sudden interest.

Curiously, Dedicant Malorne, of the Hart says, "Do they grant you any power like White Hart does to
us?"

Adasser, Wolverine's Kit says, "The early Serenguard revered them, and Eurytus explained to me that
even before then, the centaurs acknowledged and honoured them as well. The Serenguard meet these
Spirits in a vision quest, a communing with the spiritual realms.""

With a shake of his head, Adasser, Wolverine's Kit replies, "Not in the same way. Our relationship
is not..." He pauses as if to consider his words carefully. "Our relationship with the Three
Warriors is not totemic, like Moon or Hart. For they are Spirits bound to the very essence of
Serenwilde from ancient times."

Slowly, Dedicant Malorne, of the Hart asks, "But you revere Them and look to Them for guidance
nonetheless?"

Adasser, Wolverine's Kit nods his head emphatically.

Adasser, Wolverine's Kit's eyes glance over to Everiine as if eager for him to step in.

The ghost of a smile passes fleetingly across Malorne's lips.

Dedicant Malorne, of the Hart says, "I heard the Shofangi revere Brother Bull for His fighting
styles. Do you do the same with the Three Warriors?"

Though the elfen guard is doing a marvelous job, Everiine takes pity and enters the
discussion. "When the first Spirit Warrior, an ancestor of the Serenguard, met the Three Warriors
and convinced Them of her worth, They agreed to teach and guide our tribe. They teach us how to be
Hunters, and Seers, and Predators; how to use our skill, our understand, and our focus to become
True Warriors. They do this to honour the memory of the first Spirit Warrior and her descendants,"
he says.

Dedicant Malorne, of the Hart says, "I'm sorry for asking so many questions, but thank you for
answering."

You say to Malorne, "The Shofangi revere Brother Bull in different ways and for different reasons
than the Serenguard do the Warrior Spirits."

Adasser, Wolverine's Kit nods his head emphatically.

You say to Malorne, "Little one, they do not call me Storyteller in my tribe for no reasons. I enjoy
talking about our ways and traditions. Please, ask any questions you like!"

You flash Malorne a joyous smile.

Rapidly, Dedicant Malorne, of the Hart says, "Canallofyoubecomespiritwarriorsoronlyafewofyou?
What'sitlikeinthespiritworld? Canyougethurtthere?
Whatdoeachofthespiritslooklikearetheyjustgiantversionsofthehivebeingstheyrepresent?
HowaretheShofangisodifferent?"

You utter a deep, rumbling laugh.

Malorne paues for breath, swaying slightly on the spot as though slightly dizzy.

Adasser, Wolverine's Kit's eyes bug out as he boggles in amazement.

You say to Malorne, "In order: aye, Serenguard can earn the distinction of becoming Spirit Warriors,
though none has done so for as long as I can remember. The realm of the Warrior Spirits is... well,
it is different each time. I have seen mountains, and lakes, and plains, and forests. But the Hunt
is always on there."

You say to Malorne, "As for Their appearances: Brother Jaguar appears as a large black cat, nearly
twice the size of a mountain lion, with orange tribal markings on His face. Barely visible silver
spots glow dimly on His coat, and a soft ethereal glow surrounds His form."

You say to Malorne, "Brother Eagle appears as a giant eagle whose face bears blue tribal marks.
Striking feathers of gold cover Him, and a soft, ethereal glow trails behind Him."

You say to Malorne, "Sister Wolverine appears as a large wolverine covered in thick, dark fur. Red
tribal markings adorn Her face, and a soft ethereal glow surrounds Her where She stands."

Touching the marks on his own face, Dedicant Malorne, of the Hart says, "What do Brother Eagle's
markings look like?"

You say to Malorne, "As for how our dedication is different than the Shofangi, I do not know exactly.
 The Shofangi, and the before them, the Moonblades, have an intimate history with Brother Bull."

You suck thoughtfully on your teeth.

You say to Malorne, "They are intricate and complex, but the markings do resemble this." The old
trill turns around and unbuckles part of his armour, revealing his bare back and an intricate Mark.
"This is the Mark of the Eagle, given to those whom Brother Eagle honours."

You smile and say to Adasser, Wolverine's Kit, "It is my fervent hope that I get to see you bear the
Mark of the Wolverine some day."

Adasser, Wolverine's Kit's mouth turns up as his face breaks into a smile.

Adasser, Wolverine's Kit says, "It is my hope too, High Chief. Someday, someday."

Adasser, Wolverine's Kit drifts away from the conversation, lost in his daydreams.

Quietly, you say to Malorne, "Though if I am not careful, he may end up becoming the next Spirit
Warrior!"

Malorne smiles softly.

Adasser, Wolverine's Kit utters a deep, rumbling laugh.

Dedicant Malorne, of the Hart whispers to you, "That would be fun to see!"

You say to Malorne, "He has a long way to go. But that he is a Wolverine's Kit is extraordinary. If
you would like, I can tell you the tale, though I will understand if Adasser does not wish to hear
it repeated."

Dedicant Malorne, of the Hart says, "I would like to hear more, yes, but not if it would make him
uncomfortable."

Malorne's mouth turns up as his face breaks into a smile.

Malorne flashes Adasser, Wolverine's Kit a joyous smile.

Adasser, Wolverine's Kit's lips curl into a sort of smirking smile, his head nodding. "It is all
right, High Chief," he asserts. "I have made full piece with my Vision Quest. The terrors of it are
memories of survival."

Everiine nods to his brother-in-arms, gathers himself, then sets himself into the
tale.

Malorne sits down quickly before you and hugs his knees, his eyes wide as he rests his chin on his
arms.

You say to Malorne, "You must understand, traveling in the realm of the Warrior Spirits is dangerous.
 It is Their realm, and Theirs alone. Only the worthy may pass. The first few times a Serenguard
enters the realm, they enter with a Guide, one who has already earned the favour of the Warrior
Spirit and who will protect the Seeker."

You say to Malorne, "But in these days, there are none whom Sister Wolverine favours. There are none
whom She will allow safe passage. Her servants are not bound by any pact or blood to treat any
seeker as anything other than an intruder. Yet that is to whom Adasser felt drawn. And so he asked
me to take him on a vision quest, for among the Serenguard, I am most favoured by the other Warrior
Spirits."

You say to Malorne, "We knew it would be dangerous... the protections I could provide for those
seeking the Jaguar or the Eagle would not be present for the Wolverine. But, counting on our
strength, and a bit of luck, we decided that the only way to open the path of the Wolverine again
was to earn Her favour and survive the vision quests. And so we went to the sacred circles of our
tribe, made our preparations, and entered the vision."

Dedicant Malorne, of the Hart says, "What preparations must be made?"

Simply, you say to Malorne, "Preparations."

You nod your head at Malorne.

Malorne raises an eyebrow curiously but settles back against his knees, hiding the faint smile on
his face.

Becoming more animated, you say to Malorne, "When we entered the realm, we found ourselves on a
frozen tundra. Serenguard are not permitted to bring anything along on their visions, even clothing,
so we found the realm already set against us. And then, we heard the first arrow--a hunting party
had spotted us. An arrow struck Adasser in the shoulder, and as I dove to protect him, another stuck
in my wing. I attempted to call on my authority as the Chief of the Ritual, as a Totem Warrior,
hoping that it would at least convince the hunting party to speak with us, or to let us pass."

Glancing at Adasser, you say, "It did not."

Adasser, Wolverine's Kit's lips form into a thin, grim line as he nods gravely at the story being
told.

You say to Malorne, "Bleeding, we ran across the tundra, diving behind snowdrifts and fleeing when
we could. Eventually, we escaped, but we were beginning to freeze. Ahead, Adasser could see a cave;
and with no other options, we sought shelter within. That is where we met him..."

Grimly, you say to Malorne, "In that cave lived a snow leopard, a servant of the Wolverine. Now,
usually in a vision quest, there is a guide present, and the servant recognizes the pact between
Warrior Spirit and guide, and so allows the intrusion and will answer questions of those who seek it.
 But, as I said, we had no guide. There was no bond that protected us."

As he nods slowly in your direction, you realize Malorne understands.

You say to Malorne, "The leopard leaped at Adasser, pinning him to the ground. He dug his claws into
Adasser's chest so deeply that I am sure he pierced..." The trill coughs, not wanting to get into
too much detail. "The wounds were deep and severe. I tried to protect Adasser, and managed to
deliver a blow to the leopard severe enough that he released his prey. And then..."

With fondness and admiration shining in his eyes, you say, "And then Adasser did a wonderful thing.
Though lying on the floor bleeding, and barely able to speak, he would nto give up. He demanded--aye,
 demanded--that the leopard teach him about ferocity."

Adasser, Wolverine's Kit exhales a fluid stream of breath as he listens.

Malorne's mouth opens in awe as he glances at Adasser, though it quickly closes and his eyes flick
back to you.

You say to Malorne, "And do you know what? The leopard recognized a spirit in Adasser that compelled
him to answer. And so he did. He leaned down and whispered into his ear, 'Strike fast and true. Take
the first and last bite.'"

You say to Malorne, "When the leopard stepped away, I could see that Adasser was fading. He was
bleeding out right in front of me. Usually, exiting the realm of the Warrior Spirits is a tricky,
delicate task. I called on the Brothers of the Wolverine, who guided us back to the Serenwilde."

Dedicant Malorne, of the Hart says, "I thought that those of Wolverine would not answer to you,
since you were not deemed worthy?"

Shaking his head, you say to Malorne, "The leopard did not answer to me, nor did it answer me."

Pointing to the Adasser, Wolverine's Kit, you say to Malorne, "It answered to him."

Comprehension flashes across Malorne's face.

Dedicant Malorne, of the Hart says to Adasser, Wolverine's Kit, "Even more impressive than I had
first thought."

You say to Malorne, "Though a previous servant did answer to Turnus and I. Yet each time, it was not
without pain. We, Turnus, Adasser, and myself, had to prove ourselves and risk our lives before the
servant would answer us."

Adasser, Wolverine's Kit attempts to grin, but something goes terribly wrong.

You say, "But in the face of the gravest danger, Adasser would not turn from his mission."

Dedicant Malorne, of the Hart says, "And now he is the only Guide to Sister Wolverine?"

You shake your head at Malorne.

You say to Malorne, "That was but the first vision quests. There are three guided vision quests--
though, in the case of Sister Wolverine, they are unguided--first. Then once one has learned from
the three vision quests, they must take one on their own and prove that they are ready. Once they
complete that fourth vision quest, they may guide others. But there is yet a fifth vision quest, in
which one meets the Warrior Spirit face to face and must earn Their honour."

Dedicant Malorne, of the Hart says to you, "And...how many have you completed, sir?"

You say to Malorne, "I have earned the honour of Brother Jaguar and Brother Eagle, which is why I am
called Totem Warrior; for I am a Warrior of both the Hunter and the Seer. For Sister Wolverine,
however, I have only completed one vision quest for myself. Adasser, Turnus and I all hope to
complete our second one together, and protect each other, since we do not have a guide."

Dedicant Malorne, of the Hart says, "It sounds like an incredible experience..."

Solemnly, you say, "I hope to be a better protector the next time than I was the last."

You nod your head at Malorne.

You say to Malorne, "It truly is."

Dedicant Malorne, of the Hart says, "You will have to tell me the story of when it happens!"

Malorne utters a deep, rumbling laugh.

You flash Malorne a joyous smile.

The ghost of a smile passes fleetingly across Malorne's lips.

Dedicant Malorne, of the Hart says to you, "Thank you for the story, but I'm afraid I have to go
sleep for a little while."

Malorne clasps his hands and bows deeply as he forms the sign of the White Hart.

Adasser, Wolverine's Kit waves goodbye at Malorne.

Malorne flashes Adasser, Wolverine's Kit a joyous smile.
Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.