Today I learned (TIL)

There's so much to Lusternia that sometimes it can be overwhelming! I figured making a thread for neat things you never knew before would be nice! Odds are, someone else doesn't know about it either!

So, today I learned that someone (Or a group of people) Has put forth a ton of effort into Lusternia's very own TvTropes page! Seriously, it has a ton of info on it. You should check it out!  

Another thing I learned about was that races have race-specific emotes :D It's the little things that matter.

BEGIN!

Comments

• edited July 2015
    Sedanas said:

Another thing I learned about was that races have race-specific emotes :D It's the little things that matter.

BEGIN!
    Huh, that's what lead me here actually(well, an trope example for lusternia on another page lead me to that page first, but still)....
    And how did you think I was perching on your shoulder?

I Iearned to read individual changelogs today, of note:
       o You may now check EMOTIONLIST SPECIAL to see all those special emotes
       you have access to by grace of your race and organisation.
    Pilea Myceli has gotten over her obsession with Kaiel Siar'luin.
     Manteekan now has His very own helpfile.

xD
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Hey you wonderful person that almost no one remembers!

<3
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    I remember!
  • Oooh, this is fun. Could have used this a few days ago but I suppose it isnt too late:

- recently I learnt that there is no escape from the evil bubble that sends you up into the firmament until you burst from pressure. I also love to keep finding out there is more and more to areas and locations than meets the eye.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Krackenor said:

Today I learned EVERYTHING HAS CHANGED OMGWTFBBQ I CAN'T EVEN WALK HAAAAAAALLLLP.

Also hello.

Holy crap hi!
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Arcanis said:
    Oooh, this is fun. Could have used this a few days ago but I suppose it isnt too late:

- recently I learnt that there is no escape from the evil bubble that sends you up into the firmament until you burst from pressure. I also love to keep finding out there is more and more to areas and locations than meets the eye.
    I specifically warned you about the tablets, and to bring a buddy to do them as you would not be able to do them all solo.

You said you were too strong for that.

I said no.

.....*sensible chuckle*
  • Ixion said:
    Arcanis said:
    Oooh, this is fun. Could have used this a few days ago but I suppose it isnt too late:

I specifically warned you about the tablets, and to bring a buddy to do them as you would not be able to do them all solo.

You said you were too strong for that.

I said no.

.....*sensible chuckle*

B-)
  • Ixion said:

Hey you wonderful person that almost no one remembers!

<3

Celina said:

I remember!

Shaddus said:

Krackenor said:

Today I learned EVERYTHING HAS CHANGED OMGWTFBBQ I CAN'T EVEN WALK HAAAAAAALLLLP.

Also hello.

Holy crap hi!
    Hi people whose names I know! (Seriously, what happened to my mindsense :()
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Today I learned that if you have multiple kegs in your inventory and fill one up, it doesn't automatically fill to the next empty keg in your inventory when amalgamating potions.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • edited July 2015
    TIL you can pour buckets on people thanks to @Manteekan. Actually, learnt that a few days ago as we were testing something unrelated but it's still relevant! Go forth and pour things on people. Hit up those fountains, the weirded the better. You're welcome.

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    TIL Jack Daniels only your friend until you wake up. 

Just kidding, I learned that years ago. Today was just a reminder
  • Drocilla said:
    TIL you can pour buckets on people thanks to @Manteekan. Actually, learnt that a few days ago as we were testing something unrelated but it's still relevant! Go forth and pour things on people. Hit up those fountains, the weirded the better. You're welcome.

Pour bucket of whiskey on someone for instant drunk effect???
    Drocilla said:

If You (or anyone else) ever gets bored, get a bucket of water and pour it on the statue of Morgfyre near Atropos Plaza.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    Drocilla said:

If You (or anyone else) ever gets bored, get a bucket of water and pour it on the statue of Morgfyre near Atropos Plaza.
    I might just be crazy enough to try that

Sedanas said:
    Shaddus said:
    Drocilla said:

I might just be crazy enough to try that
    "It's good for you!"

'How can manual labour be good for me?'

"No, I mean...good for your soul!"

• Shaddus said:
    With no Makfir to pee on it, what's there to clean but the smog? Lesigh. Perhaps I should have my nighthawks poop on it every so often. For old time's sake.
    I'm not sure if I should like or dislike that comment :(
  • I learned there was a book on the Lectern. *facepalm*

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I learned about secret rooms in Magnagora, and a forgotten creature. @Ixion knows all the things.

• today I learned that there are penguins in Lusternia! You can also make them get busy by intoxicating them.

Truly, we could all learn a lesson from our dear friend, the penguin.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Today I learned golden tonic lasts through death. Might have been a little more inclined to keep on aetherhunting, but I had a letter to write anyway.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    POINT STAFF AT TARGET is very different than POINT STAFF TARGET.

Observe.

point staff at rockeater
    You point a delicate crystal staff at a mountain rockeater.

vs.

point staff rockeater
    You point your staff at a mountain rockeater, and electricity crackles across its length before it 
    discharges a bolt of blue lightning that slams into a mountain rockeater in an explosion of cobalt 
    sparks.

This took me five minutes too long to figure out.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • edited July 2015
    Sylandra said:

Observe.

point staff at rockeater

vs.

point staff rockeater
    You point your staff at a mountain rockeater, and electricity crackles across its length before it 
    discharges a bolt of blue lightning that slams into a mountain rockeater in an explosion of cobalt 
    sparks.

It's a very good thing I'm not a mage, since I've done both to people with my swords  #:-S

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Sylandra said:

Observe.

point staff at rockeater

vs.

point staff rockeater
    sparks.

Shouldn't have skipped that staff meeting, ya newb. [-X
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    Today I learned that no matter how invisible Baalphegar is, it's still fun to honk his nose.
    TIL people can get a summon off every time if they do it right after you sketch something. 10s off-balance timers are crazy.

• Sylandra said:

Observe.

point staff at rockeater

vs.

point staff rockeater
    sparks.

Yeah, that's because staves can be enchanted with stuff like web if you put a certain rune on it. Honestly, I wouldn't bother using the whole point staff syntax- it's far easier just to go K TARGET. Lusternia will then use either your staff (If it's wielded) or blast (if it's not). Things like whips and wonderwands have to be used more manually, though.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • TIL Family Reject Family doesn't have a confirm. Oops.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    When mailing an origami package, CLOSE it first or else the mailman will say "You can't mail that!" :|
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."