Quest Focus: Envoys and Artifacts

2»

Comments

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Baelor said:

Other times it can be a case that off the information given, a bug cannot be replicated, or the quest works as originally intended and we find no faults in that design. Either way it might be, with all respects, the player(s) not figuring out the correct solution yet.

This happened to me years ago, and I felt like an idiot... kept bugging that the vase in the burial mound in the Hifarae Hills wasn't responding properly like all the other burial artifacts...
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Kiradawea said:
    I could give you a hand with the unicorn. But yeah, those two are infernally difficult. I only figured them out by pure happenstance.
    @Kiradawea, it's not a question of difficulty, but of finding a logical progression of hints to solve it. I'm fine with abstract hints or ones that are hard to find, but we ended up unable to find any clues at all solely by talking to the NPC's. I already know how to do the quest. If you know of any directions for it given by the denizens themselves, I'd be interested in that?
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    The Serenwilde epic had that problem for a long time, it's mostly a collection of random tasks and locational easter eggs that make... some sense with a walkthrough in hand but are otherwise VERY difficult (neigh impossible) to stumble upon otherwise. Now there are lots of HINTs!
  • Using the almighty power of hindsight, what quests that you have completed do you believe could benefit from hints and where?

Ideally try and avoid spoilers, but I appreciate this is a difficult thing to do, feel free to answer via PM.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Antris and the unicorn (he goes "I would love a unicorn as a present!" but nobody anywhere wants to tell you how to make a present of a unicorn-- I think this is because, once upon a time, you could just lasso the unicorn and bring it to him but lasso no longer exists).
  • Does the lasso ability in Hunting still work for it?
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Baelor said:
    Does the lasso ability in Hunting still work for it?
    There's an item you can use now, a silk rose, but in order to get it you have to do (I have forgotten again already, this is why it needs a hint).
  • edited August 2015

Kethaera said:
    Kiradawea said:
    I could give you a hand with the unicorn. But yeah, those two are infernally difficult. I only figured them out by pure happenstance.
    @Kiradawea, it's not a question of difficulty, but of finding a logical progression of hints to solve it. I'm fine with abstract hints or ones that are hard to find, but we ended up unable to find any clues at all solely by talking to the NPC's. I already know how to do the quest. If you know of any directions for it given by the denizens themselves, I'd be interested in that?
    Ah. Yeah, no. Unfortunately there really is no clue for that. I basically had to prod and probe and try random things for well over a month to finally be able to get a unicorn for Antris.

@Baelor I can think of a few. I'll PM them to you, as well as details to avoid spoilers on the forums.

And no. Lasso in Hunting does not work.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Baelor said:
    Using the almighty power of hindsight, what quests that you have completed do you believe could benefit from hints and where?

Ideally try and avoid spoilers, but I appreciate this is a difficult thing to do, feel free to answer via PM.
    I'm going to go out of my way and say that the Merry Minstrel quest has been worked on decently since I did it, but might use more love. The quest to help the Frost Spite could use some love as well.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Oh, and the Plaxios quests would be awesome to have running.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited August 2015
    The question isn't about which quests need to be fixed and become playable, but rather which working quests could use a touch of clarity to actually make them solvable.

Not that I wouldn't love for Dae to always drop wires after every five beastie killed.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.