m&mf

Comments

• <3
    Email:        el.ni93@hotmail.com
    Discord:    Rey#1460
  • Did we ever get a fix in for hemmorhaging? I'm getting a ton of errors like this

([ERROR:] object:<Do stuffs.> function:<Trigger2085>
             <...il\.config\mudlet\profiles\Tyamit/Allclasses m&m/m&m:38021: attempt to index field '?' 
    (a nil value)>)

spammed at me when I'm hit with hemmorhaging and am attempting to clot.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    edited April 2017
    v36 out

-fixed not sipping health while under anorexia
    -fixed not smoking while under collapsedlungs
    -fixed not rubbing while paralyzed
    -fixed not using psionics while paralyzed
    -fixed not using summer/tiph while paralyzed
    -fixed not using shamanism bs while paralyzed
    -fixed not climbing out of pits while paralyzed
    -fixed not curing deathmark while paralyzed
    -fixed not curing cleanse affs while paralyzed
    -fixed not doing wondercorn stuff while paralyzed
    -fixed not rubbing genies while paralyzed
    -fixed not standing while paralyzed
    -fixed MMSHOW FOCUS not actually showing what affs we're focusing
    -fixed wake trigger / added sleep symptom for dreamrealm
    -added warning for getting dreamjacked off
    -added unknownallheale(), call this aff to have the system allheale on demand, mm.valid.simpleunknownallheale()
    -added rudimentary hemorrhaging curing until i figure better things out
    -gagged not being able to clot while under hemorrhage

Hemorrhaging is a pain, I've added temporary measures until I can work on it properly.

Let me know if stuff is broken.
  • edited April 2017
    Disregard. My working got messed up, apparently Mudlet didn't save >_>
  • Does anybody know why all my scripts are being deleted whenever I update mmf? I usually fix it by loading an older profile afterwards but I have no clue why it happens since it only occurs with one of my characters. I'm probably overlooking something obvious like accidentally messing up one of my settings.
  • Anyone having an issue with getting protection deffed even with it on keepup?
  • Yea theres something wrong with the scroll balance but I'm not sure what. I've noticed it loses scroll balance for some reason stopping you reading it for healing or protection. Can not figure out why.
  • Thyelleia said:
    Does anybody know why all my scripts are being deleted whenever I update mmf? I usually fix it by loading an older profile afterwards but I have no clue why it happens since it only occurs with one of my characters. I'm probably overlooking something obvious like accidentally messing up one of my settings.

It sounds like your scripts are in a folder mm uses. Make sure your folder is separate to the mm folders before you update.
    Yeah, I've heard it's an issue, get me a log and if you can replicate it, even better.
  • Hmm think I figured it out, sent you what it may be on discord.
    v37  is out

-fixed protection scroll because i am a dumb dumb
    -random fix for clots, kind of
  • Is it not compatible with Mudlet 3.1.0? I've uninstalled and reinstalled it several times, including Mudlet, I've done the mminstall and mmsave before logging in- both commands do nothing, not even issuing a blank line.l I've tried installing the master, Nihilists, and the allclasses- it gives me one folder with triggers, no aliases, and I tried installing extracted pieces of it. All I really want is the harvester, but I've had a few people recommend that I use this while I learn to make my own system. Unfortunately I seem to have lost my own system entirely in the process(my fault, I thought I saved it properly and I didn't), all of the work, and now I'm back to square one. Being able to get this to work would be nice for now..
  • FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    I've heard lots of problems with 3.1.0 so might be a good idea to just revert back to an older version for now.
  • yeah 3.1.0 mudlet breaks a lot of things it seems. Triggers which worked perfectly fine for months had to be deleted and done differently. mmf37 would delete but not install. I had to go back to mmf30 and then upgrade from the link that popped up on login to get mmf37 to properly load. Of course it lost all my config settings somehow in the process.

Some bits of mmf may error out now too. Namely anything that mmf calls as an echo. So any prefixed prompt warnings.

Soooo best option is to roll back your mudlet.
  • That's depressing. Once I do, I'm looking through aliases but I'm either not seeing what I should or it's just another Mudlet bug- how to I start influencing and hunting? I've tried 'inf all' and it just tells me what's in the room and sets pagelength to 40. Then there's the key to start bashing that apparently doesn't work period.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Yeah, the influencer and the basher are kinda broken, and have been for a while. Thankfully, it's easy to just ask someone or craft your own bashing/influencing things.

• Maligorn said:
    Yeah, the influencer and the basher are kinda broken, and have been for a while. Thankfully, it's easy to just ask someone or craft your own bashing/influencing things.
    Yeah, I had my own basher/influencer and I was working on the healing portion but I accidentally deleted what I had and Saved the empty profile over my backup, so I'm having to start all over from scratch on everything. I downloaded this for a quick little thing to have while I work on mine.

Today was a sad day overall
  • Mudlet in general should let you roll back profiles, have you tried that?

when opening a profile, there should be a dropdown menu that will let you load up a previous version of that profile. I'm not sure if it works with 3.1 but it's worth a shot.
  • edited May 2017
    Could someone tell me how to add defense lines to mmf?

These:
    Large knobbled branches spread through your canopy for another 43 months.
    Slender gossamer branches spread through your canopy for another 43 months.
    Wild flowering branches spread through your canopy for another 43 months.
    Verdant mossy branches spread through your canopy for another 43 months.

.. are not recognised. :/

Thanks!

EDIT: Apparently the trigger line was changed, the defense itself is in mmf. Old and included in mmf is "bough"; new and correct is now "canopy". Can I fix that or could someone do it? Many thanks!

• edited May 2017
    I just switched from class specific to all classes. The system keeps on trying to get me to use succor rather than diagnose, even though I did "mmconfig usehealing none". Am I missing some sort of solution?
  • 'mmconfig succor off'
  • edited May 2017
    I got influencer part fixed for 'inf all (type)' thing. i will fork m&m influence then push with fix tonight.

other than that, i noticed it didn't check if you intentionally went to sleep due to dreamweaving ability. i might will try to take a shot to fix/add some of it.
  • I'm currently looking at this out of curiosity.
  • Do bear in mind that serverside curing is currently in the process of being developed and should be with us pretty soon. At that point, I strongly suspect development of m&mf will cease.
    email: martin@pharanyx.net
    Discord: Pharanyx#4357
  • edited May 2017
    SVO on Achaea was simply converted into a client side affliction monitor to swap curing priorities on the game side curing.  Thankfully, that's a fairly light coding job. 
  • edited May 2017
    Tyamit said:
    SVO on Achaea was simply converted into a client side affliction monitor to swap curing priorities on the game side curing.  Thankfully, that's a fairly light coding job. 
    This was also done by Vadi, looooooooooooooooooooooooooong before he retired from developing it. It wasn't converted, the functionality of a fully-fledged curing system is still very much there for the people who live close-ish to the servers and have better ping than serverside curing has (it has simulated ping, like 125 or so).
    It simply has the option to disable client-side curing (or even turn off parts of serverside and let your client handle that). It's by no means a 'light' job, and probably something Shuyin isn't going to do; I'm pretty sure he said he was gonna EoL it the minute serverside's out.
  • I'm a bit curious on the EOL option for mmf. While curing is one of the main parts of mmf, I feel like there's also a significant portion of mmf that is entirely unrelated to curing: bal + eq queuing, def + keepup management, stances + parrying, wound tracking, a mountain of insta-warnings and similar highlighting, custom prompts, influencing, people tracking, herb tracking, etc.

I imagine that many of those things aren't really that hard to maintain because they don't change all that much (with maybe the exception of the insta highlights) -- but I feel like those things are just as valuable to me as the curing piece.

I guess, from my perspective, why can't we just strip out the curing bits when server-side curing goes live and keep the rest going. And if Shuyin or whoever wants to no longer maintain the project, that's fine - just switch to a more community driven paradigm with a broader github user base who can accept and merge pull requests into the main repo.

I'm not trying to create a debate here or anything like that. I just want to understand the EOL decision that I keep hearing about. I know there are parts of the mmf backstory that I'm not aware of, so I apologize if I'm poorly informed. I've just loved using mmf since I bought my first copy on my first character years ago and use *some* aspect of it every time I log on, more than just curing.

Everyone can already contribute, but as always, it's almost always just one or two people doing 99% of the work.
  • Absolutely. I know how that goes. I guess maybe I'm more curious as to what you mean by EOL? What does that actually entail in your mind?
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Sojiro does not own the code, it is now open source and anyone can edit.  What he means is that he will no longer be updating / supporting it.  I am sure if someone else wants to tweak it they can do so just fine.