m&mf

Comments

• What other changes have there been since the last release of mmf?
  • I think if we can put the fire/gal/frost potions on the slush queue and add shivering/frozen to the dust que then thats the system fit for purpose.  Oh also the def lines for fire/frost/galvanism changed as well.

Basic affliction lines are already in to cover everything so even with different skills giving different afflictions and such the system should still cope with everything else just fine. Outside of weird specific stuff.

I was reading up on it a little and it doesn't seem that hard to change the lua files themselves. I could be massivly wrong and I've never used the git thing to let everyone update but if no one else figures it out I'll give it a go.
  • I've changed shivering/frozen. Fire/frost/galvanism are mostly done. Just need to figure out how to move them properly to slush.

Just figured if there are other changes required I might as well try to take a look.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Wtb SSC.
  • A basic question.  I'm using mmf from the links on the first page.  Since I'm new, I haven't run into any real big issues, and it's served me decently.  However!  I've noticed when I get paralyzed, it keeps spamming "focus body", and I have to manually outr dust, eat dust, then diagnose myself.  I tried poking around in the folders to see if there was an obvious "when paralysis, do this" thing I could just change to eating dust, but have failed in doing so.

If anyone could help me out, it would be appreciated.
  • I -think- if you do MMCONFIG FOCUSBODY OFF then it will change to using dust to cure paralysis. At the very least, it won't spam focus body anymore.
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • New update v41 cures the frozen/shivering and puts the frost/galvanism/fire potion on the slush balance.

Currently it requires config ohaffmessages both to work just now.

Thanks for all the work in updating it folks.
  • Theres a small issue folks are having with stances. the game spamming you out with them.

do mmsp stancelevel head 101. To all limbs and bodyparts and also do mmsp defaultstance none

eg

(m&mf): Step 2 - assign a level above which stance should act for each limb by right-clicking, or
    use the mmsp stancelevel <limb> <amount, or 'none'> command:
      chest gut head leftleg rightarm leftarm rightleg
    (m&mf): Set the chest stance action level to 101
    (m&mf): Set the gut stance action level to 101
    (m&mf): Set the head stance action level to 101
    (m&mf): Set the leftleg stance action level to 101
    (m&mf): Set the rightleg stance action level to 101
    (m&mf): Set the leftarm stance action level to 101
    (m&mf): Set the rightarm stance action level to 101

• I have disabled stance-related triggers and set default stance none, so those will be in next release. I probably will get around to purge stance related code sometime next weekend or soon(tm)

• edited July 2017
    Has anyone tried a fresh install of the newest m&mf (42 I believe) on Mudlet 3.2 or 3.3? I was able to select the .zip, but the package unpacker'er would just blink 'Unpacking M&MF blah blah' before disappearing and not finishing the job. No packages or anything would make it to Mudlet, but the majority of M&MF files would get installed in the home directory.

In my effort to get it to work, I deleted all m&mf related everything from my computer and downloaded fresh to try again on Mudlet 3.2. Nothing. I then deleted it all over again, deleted everything related to Mudlet from my computer, and then started with a clean download of the .zip package and the new 3.3 release. Still nothing. From a completely fresh slate, I was able to install m&mf v37 to Mudlet 3.3 that I managed to find on a separate partition. I then followed the m&mf prompt to upgrade. Is this as good as having cloned the most recent version of m&mf?

Edit: Oh yeah, I also broke the nameDB:
    **********************[ THE GRAND DOMINION OF GAUDIGUCH ]**********************
    Citizen         Class           Rank              Position             CT  OffP
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chryson         Pyromancer      Serf                                   On   Yes
    [  LUA  ] - Object<Get name (cwho)> Function<Trigger3182>
                <[string "Trigger: Get name (cwho)"]:29: bad argument #2 to 
    'format' (string expected, got nil)>

Malarious       Minstrel        Marquis           Minister of Secur    On    No
                <[string "Trigger: Get name (cwho)"]:29: bad argument #2 to 
    'format' (string expected, got nil)>

Chirbi(Goon)    Minstrel        Viscountess       Minister of Cultu    On    No
    *******************************************************************************
    1 from Goonsquad are on visible planes.
    1 Minstrel present, of those 0 are demigods/ascendants.
    Currently, there are 3 Citizens on visible Planes and 1 on other Planes.

edit2: The offending portion of script:
    if #name <= 14 and guild ~=""then 
    moveCursor(#name, getLineNumber())
    fg("DarkSlateGrey") insertText(string.format([[(%s)]], guild))

resetFormat()
    -- delete extra spaces that got shifted over now
    if selectSection(#name+#guild+2, #guild+2) then replace("") end
    deselect()
    end

edit3: name itself is not nil, guild must be. I'm no m&mf expert, but I changed line 27 of the script Get name(cwho) to: if #name <= 14 and guild ~="" and guild~= nil then 

all good. Ish.

edit4: When I reconnected to Lusternia, didn't close my profile or Mudlet but I did hit save between the reconnects, the getName functions started receiving nil values again:

**********************[ THE GRAND DOMINION OF GAUDIGUCH ]**********************
    Citizen         Class           Rank              Position             CT  OffP
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ordassa         None            Serf                                   On    No
                <[string "Trigger: Get name (cwho)"]:48: table index is nil>

Chirbi(Goon)    Minstrel        Viscountess       Minister of Cultu    On    No
    Daunte          None            Marquis           City Aide            On   Yes
                <[string "Trigger: Get name (cwho)"]:48: table index is nil>

*******************************************************************************

It must have populated the table for me, because the second time I did CWHO, I didn't get any lua errors.
  • edited July 2017
    i already committed this fix for next release. while a bit ago.

offending line:
    local guild = ndb.getguild_shortname(name)

change this to:
    local guild = ndb.getguild_shortname(name) or "none"
  • @Chirbi I changed class so I uninstalled my previous mmf and installed a new one (allclasses, the latest version), on Mudlet 3.3.3, and I'm not having any problems.
  • edited July 2017
    Valaria said:

offending line:

change this to:
    Wow! Thanks so much for a quick reply! I can implement that easily.

Another function is also having a type issue I've never seen before. This happened from a gmcp.Char.Name event/aka login, but doesn't happen in any other instance of gmcp.Char. Potentially mm.gevents just hasn't had time to get properly setup before this function is called? It doesn't occur at any other instance of gmcp.Char after login.

[ &nbsp;LUA &nbsp;] - Object<error in anonymous Lua function> Function<no debug data&nbsp;available>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; <Lua error:[string "Script: mm_gevents"]:3: raiseEvent: bad&nbsp;argument #2 type (string, number, boolean, or nil expected, got a table!)><br><br>
    The function is:

function mm_gevents(...)<br>local s,m = pcall(mm.gevents, ...)<br>if not s then tempTimer(0, function() error(m) end) end<br>end
  • edited July 2017
    Good to know @Kerith. Thanks for your help, it makes my hunt for the problem a lot easier! It may be a permissions issue with my system. I'm running the portable image on ubuntu but not as root, so Mudlet/m&mf might not have the authority to create files.
  • Chirbi said:
    Valaria said:

offending line:

change this to:
    Wow! Thanks so much for a quick reply! I can implement that easily.

Another function is also having a type issue I've never seen before. This happened from a gmcp.Char.Name event/aka login, but doesn't happen in any other instance of gmcp.Char. Potentially mm.gevents just hasn't had time to get properly setup before this function is called? It doesn't occur at any other instance of gmcp.Char after login.

[ &nbsp;LUA &nbsp;] - Object<error in anonymous Lua function> Function<no debug data&nbsp;available>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; <Lua error:[string "Script: mm_gevents"]:3: raiseEvent: bad&nbsp;argument #2 type (string, number, boolean, or nil expected, got a table!)><br><br>
    The function is:

function mm_gevents(...)<br>local s,m = pcall(mm.gevents, ...)<br>if not s then tempTimer(0, function() error(m) end) end<br>end
    I'll look at it when i have a chance to by tomorrow night.
  • I am having the same problem as Chirbi. I downloaded mmf last night and it worked wonderfully, but then when I logged back in today, it wasn't working and I kept getting the error Chirbi quoted under "Errors" in the script editor.
  • @Chirbi and @Moi can you two take a screenshot of it happening and post it here? thanks.
  • At login, s and m are assigned nil values by the pcall. Presumably, other gmcp.Char events have other data which hasn't yet been supplied because we get a gmcp.Char.Name event before a prompt. Because s and m are nil, they seem to always be the wrong type in the error handling. m I've found is a nil table with multiple nil values (which confuses me, but that's what display() reveals) but I can't get type(m) to give me anything useful.

For example, because error() doesn't want a table I would do if type(m) == "table" then iterate over the table m with pairs() and then run the error() functon on each value. Unfortunately it was fruitless for me, but I did decide it's most likely not a big problem because the game almost immediately provides us with a prompt and gmcp.Char event with character data. I just happen to have all my lua errors display to the console.

My cwho name database also deals with a lot of nil values, I imagine the first time it sees a name and adds it to the database. Nobody online right now meets that criteria so I can't grab a screenshot, but I'll try to when it comes up again.

• Moi - I don't think your Mudlet is installed right, it is missing some core Lua files. Try reinstalling - your profile will stay.
  • MoiMoi
    edited July 2017
    Will try that!

E: The fresh install is still giving those same errors and (presumably) missing the same Lua files.
  • edited July 2017
    I've tested 3.3.1 and the files are there - once installed, you should have files such as C:\Program Files (x86)\mudlet\mudlet-lua\lua\geyser. Are you able to find them?
  • Yes, they're there.
  • @Moi have you tried suspending UAC/running Mudlet as administrator when installing m&mf? I think that was one of my problems originally.
  • edited July 2017
    I attached a screenshot of the name DB dealing with nil values. The error is two parts: First, new names that m&mf hasn't checked yet return nil values, but it isn't tested so it throws an error. The problem is automatically resolved down the road, and the next CWHO will return fewer errors. The second problem, some folks hide their guilds from CWHO so m&mf will never figure it out. Those errors continue after multiple CWHO and is shown in the second screenshot.

Lines 26-28 of the trigger Get name(cwho) are:

if #name <= 14 and guild ~=""then 
    moveCursor(#name, getLineNumber())
    fg("DarkSlateGrey") insertText(string.format([[(%s)]], guild))

What if the test were:
    if #name <=14 and guild ~= "" and guild ~= nil then

When I implement that change, I stop getting Lua errors. That's the third screenshot.

• @Chirbi - for guild check, the fix is already implemented. Just to need to wait for Sidd to pull my request for next version of M&MF release.
  • Chirbi said:
    @Moi have you tried suspending UAC/running Mudlet as administrator when installing m&mf? I think that was one of my problems originally.
    Did that just now. No change.
  • Sounds great @Valaria. Thanks for all your help! Let me know if there's anything else I can do.
  • @Moi Hmm it may be a long shot but have you tried uninstalling mudlet totally. Then clearing the folders, like delete everything inside then reinstalling it all fresh.

It sounds like something not right with it all.

Also if that isnt working can you tell us how your installing it. Like what directory are you using/os/etc. Just incase its something weird.
  • That was actually the first thing I tried. Vista, in C:\Program Files (x86)\Mudlet