m&mf

Comments

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Also new problem--now, when I open my profile, before I can even log in, Keepup tries to put up some defenses--which of course prevents me from logging in and closes the connection.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Everiine said:
    Also new problem--now, when I open my profile, before I can even log in, Keepup tries to put up some defenses--which of course prevents me from logging in and closes the connection.
    The current workaround is to use the emergency stop to stop it from trying to put up your defenses before you're logged in, turn it back on once you're logged in, and empty out your basic defense mode. Then you build a new defense mode with the things you want to keep up.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • Everiine said:
    Vadi said:
    The extra newline might be stuffing things up - see if you can get rid of it (either mudlet or Lusternia settings, can't remember which).
    I had a new line added in the prompt options in Lusternia itself. I never used to have trouble with it, but removing the line break from the prompt did have a positive effect. I like having that line break there, though :( . Everything is too smashed together without it.
    Unfortunately the system then sees the blank line as a prompt and with no prompt flags visible, thinks you don't have kola/cloak/etc.
    Vadi said:
    Everiine said:
    Vadi said:
    The extra newline might be stuffing things up - see if you can get rid of it (either mudlet or Lusternia settings, can't remember which).
    I had a new line added in the prompt options in Lusternia itself. I never used to have trouble with it, but removing the line break from the prompt did have a positive effect. I like having that line break there, though :( . Everything is too smashed together without it.
    Unfortunately the system then sees the blank line as a prompt and with no prompt flags visible, thinks you don't have kola/cloak/etc.
    How come I didn't used to have a problem, but do now? And is there anything I can do, Mudlet setting or game setting, to get a linebreak in so everything isn't a giant wall of text smashed together?

Also, what causes this spam?

You are neither bleeding nor bruised.
    7236h, 5262m, 5160e, 10p, 21460en, 21460w exk-

Doing WOUNDS and DIAGNOSE makes it stop, but it inevitably comes back.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    They changed the line from "You are neither bleeding nor bruised, friend." (or something like that, it had "friend" in it) to that.

It broke every system that used the line to determine whether you had stopped bleeding.
    Ah, okay, that makes sense.

• You do not bleed, friend.

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    edited December 2015
    To fix that @Everiine

Trigger that line and stick mm.valid.clot2() in the trigger

It'll fix the issue until the fix is loaded into the source

edit: it was 'You do not bleed, my friend'

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    • Obtain m&mf source code. Either clone using Git (which will allow you to easily update the m&mf code and contribute back) or a zip snapshot (which doesn't require knowledge of Git)

Done. I got the master version. There is no indication that it matters where I save this.

• Uninstall m&mf/m&m you currently have installed. This is necessary to run the developer version of the system.

Done. I used the package manager to remove the packages. Is there some mmuninstall that I should have used? I'm not seeing any m&m stuff when I load mudlet.

• Install Lua, LuaFileSystem, LuaRocks, Penlight, and 7zip.
      1. Windows: download and install latest LuaForWindows, which all the Lua components indluded. Install 7zip from here.

Done.

• Open the command-line and navigate to the m&mf folder, and run:

In Windows: generate.lua -o <your class>

Done.

• Replace <m&mf Git location> with the path to the XML files, and then run this command in Mudlet.

lua installModule([[<m&mf Git location>/m&m (carriontracker).xml]]) installModule([[<m&mf Git location>/m&m (demesne).xml]]) installModule([[<m&mf Git location>/m&m (harvester).xml]]) installModule([[<m&mf Git location>/m&m (healing).xml]]) installModule([[<m&mf Git location>/m&m (import me).xml]]) installModule([[<m&mf Git location>/m&m (influencer).xml]]) installModule([[<m&mf Git location>/m&m (meldtracker).xml]]) installModule([[<m&mf Git location>/m&m (namedb).xml]]) installModule([[<m&mf Git location>/m&m (obey).xml]]) installModule([[<m&mf Git location>/m&m (peopletracker).xml]]) installModule([[<m&mf Git location>/m&m (plsorter).xml]])

Restarted mudlet. Did this and nothing else. Nothing happened. Checked errors: <[string "installModule([[C:\Documents and Settings\u..."]:1: attempt to call global 'installModule' (a nil value)>

What am I missing here?

#NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited December 2015
    You need the very latest version of Mudlet, not the stable version. 

Source: Frustrated fumbling around for ages trying to get it to work. 
    It also depends if you're like me. I just needed to download the system to use it, but the instructions are for downloading it if you want to code and contribute with it. Is that what you're trying to do, @Talan?

• I personally imported them all manually. I couldn't get the command line to work. If all else fails you can import them as individual modules.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Anyone else have trouble with putting up defenses and having to keep manually doing "mmdefs basic" or whatever you call your defenses?

It doesn't just keep going after I regain balance/equilibrium, I keep having to send in "mmdefs basic" until it says it's done. I'm not sure if the queueing system is busted or just hiccuping?
    Zarialle's first dance:
    Trader Bob leads Zarialle through the dancers to the dance floor and brings her all the way to its heart.
    I haven't seen this kind of issue at all

I would check to make sure GMCP is enabled in your profile first, and if it's not, enable and restart the profile. 

If that doesn't work - check the error screen and let us know if anything comes up.

Barring that, we'd need logs

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Definitely got GMCP enabled. 

I do not get any errors on screen, or where else should I look? 

Thanks! 
    Zarialle's first dance:
    Trader Bob leads Zarialle through the dancers to the dance floor and brings her all the way to its heart.
    open up the scripts window, and hit the 'errors' button on the left hand side. That'll pull up an errors window. 

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • edited December 2015
    Just logged in and got the following in the errors window:

(This repeated a lot...)

[ERROR:] object:<LogSummary> function:<Trigger125>
    <[string "Logger = Logger or {..."]:65: attempt to index local 'f' (a nil value)>
    <[string "Logger = Logger or {..."]:65: attempt to index local 'f' (a nil value)>
    [ERROR:] object:<Do stuffs.> function:<Trigger1960>
    <[string "return table.concat({mm.cpp.compute_health_..."]:1: attempt to index global
    'svo' (a nil value)>
    Zarialle's first dance:
    What version are you on? It appears to be a prompt issue

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Mudlet 2.1.

I turned prompt off... and maybe that's why... I just hate the prompt bar scrolling. I created my own label for showing the stats but it's a single static line and doesn't repeat across my buffer. :(
    Zarialle's first dance:
    I'm going to guess that's it

Try turning it on and see if that fixes the issue. 

You can use m&m's custom prompt if you'd like, that should enable your static line without messing with the system.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • That was it, thank you!

I set my customprompt to just ^1 so it had "something" but nothing in it. Basically allowed me the best of all worlds. Woot!
    Zarialle's first dance:
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Anyone have a bead on how to fix mmf to work in Nirvana?
  • How do I reset politics so it knows I'm in Serenwilde again? And so the system echoes are in Seren green.

How do I switch from highmagic back to lowmagic in my defups?

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
    edited December 2015
    @Luce - I can take a look at the Nirvana stuff, but I imagine it's going to take some work to get around the sleep issue. I'm pretty sure m&m is set up to not allow you to do anything while asleep (cures, defs etc), so while I don't think it'll be hard, it'll be involved to fix that.

@Riluna - mmconfig org serenwilde will set it back to serenwilde.

If you download the system for your class, it should include both highmagic/lowmagic so you'll have to make the switch there. 

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Thanks Synkarin!

It says it switched, but my echoes are still all in gaudi pink instead of seren green. Is it safe to assume all the magical behind-the-scenes enemy/ally stuff it's doing is firing properly, even if the echoes don't change?

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
    Did you restart the profile after switching? I believe it loads the colors on starting as well as org specific defs M&m doesn't deal with enemy/ally stuff really except through highlighting with the politics (mmconfig politics)

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • So I've had no luck getting this working. I downloaded the aeromancer system, turned on GMCP in my profile, restarted Mudlet then imported the "import me" m&m file and picked out my m&m folder. After logging in my prompt just says ?:- and I get the following message:

(m&mf): Enabled blackout curing

It seems to not be picking up anything for my prompt at all. When I DIAG, it sees that I don't have blackout and says it is turning off blackout curing before displaying the above message again straight away.

Anyone able to help?
    1) Clear everything out of your profile or make a new one. Make sure GMCP is enabled.
    2) Download the Aeromancer archive.
    3) DO NOT EXTRACT THE ARCHIVE.
    4) In Mudlet's Package Manager, click "Install"
    5) Find the Aeromancer archive you downloaded and did NOT extract, select it, and hit Open.
    6) Restart your profile.

I've already forgotten if you need to do MMINSTALL after logging back in.

Basically, the instructions present on the m&mf website are for if you want to develop the code and do complicated inner workings stuff. For us normal users, it's just download the archive and install it.

• Tried what @Everiine said, but had the same issue.

I then realised that since I was using the HTML5 client all along I had never seen the prompt so I did the whole process again but turned my entire prompt on first. So far it seems to be working.

Thanks anyway!
    Ah, glad you got it working!