m&mf

Comments

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Cool, I'll have to take a look when I get home, but something is definitely off there. I'll take a look when I can

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • A question:

One thing I had to do with my system, and just wanted to see if anyone else encountered it also or if it got fixed in the latest batch... but curing Stupidity and Sensitivity were not "catching" in m&m so I would keep sipping or applying continuously non-stop until I did a DIAG or FIRSTAID to show it -really- really was cured.

I manually added the additional cure lines myself and it fixed it but it was just tedious >.>
    Zarialle's first dance:
    Trader Bob leads Zarialle through the dancers to the dance floor and brings her all the way to its heart.
    That's odd as well - stupidity and sensitivity were not issues for me before and nothing in this update changed that.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Yeah, in the trigger named "m&m cure sensitivity herb" I had to add an additional trigger line "You have cured sensitivity." - set it to exact match and it was happy. 

I had to do this anywhere sensitivity was getting cured though, which wasn't hard, just time consuming >.>  
    Zarialle's first dance:
    Trader Bob leads Zarialle through the dancers to the dance floor and brings her all the way to its heart.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    First off, thanks for the update! Much appreciated.

But it seems that there may be a bruising bug too.

The diagnose line 'bruised for X health.', throws the following error rather than clotting

[ERROR:] object:<Bruising> function:<Trigger1477>
             <[string "function Trigger1477()..."]:2: attempt to index global 'valid' (a nil value)>

and I'm not sure if the 'Your bruising damages you for X health.' line is in, that fires on movement/actions? No errors thrown off it anyway, but neither does it determine that you have bruising from the line.

More generally, how are you including bruising currently? Just off the diagnoses, or estimating on-hit amounts?
    It's kind of weird

It's estimating off BC hits (because they just do bruising) and the Cav hits that require blunt style estimate bruising. 

Other than that, it estimates bleeding (bruising cures with clots too)

I'm missing the attack/movement line - can add that. I'll look into the diag line. I'm betting I forgot to put mm. in front of it.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I've got a problem with qwho and cwho and all the other [x]whos attempting to get the name data of extra people. In one profile it's Scuchidira and Cririk, and on my newest profile it's Xaerin, Jaamil, and Kierstin, all three of which I've already got ndb files for. Is there a way to fix it besides qwho update (which I've tried)?
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Doesn't look like Psychometabolism Enhancement got updated for the buffs patch, and I'm the first person to notice.

That, or I installed something wrong. But I choose to believe I'm merely a pioneer instead of incompetent.

SYNTAX - psi (super|id) enhancement (damage|speed|spread)

DAMAGE
    CONFIRM - You psionically enhance the strength of your body.
    DEFLINE - Your strength is psionically enhanced.

SPEED
    CONFIRM - You psionically enhance the speed of your body.
    DEFLINE - Your dexterity is psionically enhanced.

SPREAD
    CONFIRM - You psionically enhance your body, spread through your offensive abilities and speed.
    DEFLINE - Your strength and dexterity are psionically enhanced.
  • Tridemon said:
    Aaaand it's started gagging ii. No idea why. It's very, very odd.

I have determined that this is incredibly annoying, and I can't seem to isolate the issue, which resolves when I hit the button to emergency stop all timers and triggers, but does NOT resolve when I deactivate each thing manually.
    I spoke with someone else with the II issue, and it was fixed by enabling GMCP in mudlet and restarting.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • Salith said:
    [ERROR:] object:<toggle stance/parry to overhaul> function:<Alias339>
             <...ER\.config\mudlet\profiles\Lusternia/Templar m&m/m&m:53535: attempt to compare number 
    with nil>
    You may need to go through 'mmsetup sp' before mmsp convert will work, but I am told the fix is in and we are just waiting for it to be made generally available.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Tremula said:
    I've got a problem with qwho and cwho and all the other [x]whos attempting to get the name data of extra people. In one profile it's Scuchidira and Cririk, and on my newest profile it's Xaerin, Jaamil, and Kierstin, all three of which I've already got ndb files for. Is there a way to fix it besides qwho update (which I've tried)?
    The latter three are retired, this might be messing it up somehow?

@Qistrel that makes sense, probably got bugged when they got taken off of my allies/enemies list (fastest way for me to see combatants when I install a new profile). Anyone know how to..stop the problem? 

• All I did was this, and it works like a charm. It's essentially the same thing, anyway.

That worked like a charm! Thanks so much, Syrennia.

• Should add that to stuff to add to the next m&mf release, so that people updating won't have to add that line every update. =D

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    And to solve Cririk and Scuchi would be

^(He|She) is frozen in time and space.$

• So I was told this would be the best thing to grab while starting off, but installation is very confusing and the description on the main page confuses me even further. 

... Am I just being stupid? 
  • Eskell said:
    So I was told this would be the best thing to grab while starting off, but installation is very confusing and the description on the main page confuses me even further. 

No, I was the same way. Lots of people are willing to help, though. You'll be fine :)

• Eskell said:
    So I was told this would be the best thing to grab while starting off, but installation is very confusing and the description on the main page confuses me even further. 

You're Ebonguard right?

Make sure GMCP is active on your Mudlet profile. I would suggest you use a new one if you've already tried to install this. Download https://github.com/m-mf/m-mf/releases/download/4/Ebonguard.m-mf.v4.zip and put it somewhere you can access but don't extract it.
    Install the zip you just downloaded using Mudlet's package installer.
    Restart Mudlet to be sure then once you're logged in enter mminstall 
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    The problem is that the instructions on the website are for doing a major install that you want to help code and contribute with (which most people don't want or need). There aren't instructions for just downloading the system to use. Granted, it's ultra simple, as Falmiis has shown. But you're not the first one to get confused trying to install the system because of the instructions on the website.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • That can easily be alleviated by submitting a Pull Request with an updated README demonstrating how to install for general use. I'm just saying. ;)

• That's not even the website for users though, that's for developers - m&mf needs a website for the users and something to host documentation as well. If anyone could step up to add that, it would help newbies a lot!
  • GitHub itself can be used to host project-specific webpages. That way, no one's paying extra to host stuff themselves.

• You are all most kind for helping, thank you. I got it installed successfully and just need to get used to all the configs and how setting defenses work.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    You'll want to look a the documentation here: http://doc.mm.vadisystems.com/

m&mf still uses all the same stuff, so just find what you need there.

Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Hey. Has anyone been able to get curing damagedlimb working? Even using mmsp sp and mmsp convert, the system tries to apply mending. I've had to disable all references to damagedlimb in the system and create my own near-linear triggers as a result.

Is it possible to fix in the system itself?
    It'll be fixed on the next release

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • edited January 2016
    I have a pain-in-the-ass bug where it tries to vault onto my loyal steed... before I'm even logged in. The commands sent then preclude me from actually being able to login unless I pause the system before things break horribly, login as normal, then unpause the system. I do not have mount as part of my default keepup set, def set, or anything really.

This started when I used "vault otter" to start riding rather than my usual mmkeep riding alias. This problem persists across sessions, and has been 100% repeatable. I have tried reinstalling M&M. I have tried rebooting mudlet. I have tried rebooting my computer. I do not use Mudlet's autologin. What else have I failed to try?

EDIT: The problem does not occur on a reconnect. Only on a first connect after starting Mudlet.
    EDIT EDIT: No longer tries to keep up riding on connect (I added a thing to ensure that riding is not on keepup at logout), but now tries to start doing stances. Also, mmhelp no longer seems to do anything
  • It tries to put up defenses before you're logged in probably because some checks (I suspect that were used to prevent the system from starting up if it was used on the wrong character) were removed in the conversion to a free system.

Refer to this post for the fix I use:

• edited January 2016
    Thanks Lerad. I can actually login, but I'm still observing weird behavior. Namely, the fix you suggested has some weird interactions with reconnect. Namely, things go like this:
    Start Mudlet. Connect to Lusternia.
    System pauses itself (good)
    login successfully, system unpauses (good)
    qq, qq checks go correctly (still good)
    click "Reconnect"
    System is unpaused, but not freaking out.
    login successfully, system is paused (wtf?)
    click reconnect, system is paused, login successfully, system is unpaused (wtf?)

As an addendum to my original posting, I didn't have this problem in m&mf 3.