Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• Gossip plz share
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • I have never wished for the day to finish faster so I can go be nosy. Curse you snowy work day.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    ...why the hell do people think Shaddus is wooing someone?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I'm a part of the clan you were talking about getting rejected on!
    The playa you love to hate
  • Thanks, @Shaddus. I've spent the past few hours looking at pictures of broken and rotting teeth and I find myself slightly nauseated at the grosser ones. >_>
  • Shaddus said:
    ...why the hell do people think Shaddus is wooing someone?
    Wait? You aren't wooing the countess?
     I is confused....
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Sooo the rumours are a ninja was envoy and they lost it for reasons, then the GM got envoy and after that then got kicked out off the guild by the ninja GA and GC for reasons. Which just so happens to also auto remove them from envoys. 

All rumours nothing 100% confirmed.
  • So, wait, Shaddus was wooing a ninja?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Poor Vatul. 
    Chief Mag PR officer
    I don't have plausible deniability if you name the person, Sthai :/
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Tylwyth said:
    So, wait, Shaddus was wooing a ninja?
    You have to tune in during lunch hour to watch the next episode to find out, sorry.
    The playa you love to hate
  • Apparently, I can only produce designs I'm happy with under pressure of a deadline.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I feel your pain.
  • Karlach said:
    #JusticeforCiaran.
    My unlikely champion! :smiley:

Although I do think it was unfair what happened, in the end it's the admin's game and the admin's decision.  Congratulations @Davos!
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    edited February 2017
    Ciaran said:
    Karlach said:
    #JusticeforCiaran.
    My unlikely champion! :smiley: 
    Just because we don't  get on, that doesn't mean I'm not going to call for the right result on this.

Ascension is once a year and people work hard for a shot at the seals, let alone the whole thing. I can only imagine how pissed I would have been were I in your shoes.

Credit to you for handling it maturely.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• MAOR GOSSIP?!
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
    Fyler said:
    MAOR GOSSIP?!
    Justice was a double elimination tournament. Ciaran knocked out Davos from the winners bracket in the semis and proceeded clean to the final.

Davos returned through the loser bracket to the final which was suddenly announced as a best of three. Ciaran won the first round, which should have ended it but it didn't as it was Davos' second loss of the tournament.

Ciaran then lost the next two rounds for Davos to be declared victor. Despite losing as many matches and sooner, and Ciaran either.

A: Being double eliminated last.

B: Losing a single round in a double elimination tournament.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

Sabnoc said:
    Again?
    Not quite, that year was a single elimination bracket and when the final match happened, it was announced double elimination after.

Though trying to draw any further parallels leads to tinfoil conspiracy theories. 

• edited February 2017
    The finals is the finals, and the method that they used is really common in e-sports or similar brackets without a lot of teams where the goal is to determine who the best person in the overall bracket is. In such a setup, your 'elimination' bracket exists mostly to prevent unlucky match ups in the early rounds.

The general logic goes: a reduction in number of games played, and lack of fear that one accidental misstep will get you eliminated is a sufficient advantage for the winner of the upper bracket. If you're wanting to find out the best player in the tournament, you don't need to also pre-seed them with a 75% chance to win the finals based purely on the math..

But I'm new to Lusternia, and I don't have any history to draw from on how the history of these tournaments typically go. I can only give you the typical thought process behind it as a design.
  • edited February 2017
    Jaspet said:
    The finals is the finals, and the method that they used is really common in e-sports 
    Every e-sport I know does double elimination properly. The winner of the winner's bracket only has to win one game/set/round/whatever, to win the whole thing in the finals. The loser's bracket winner has to win two.

It's not a proper double elimination otherwise; the winner only gets eliminated once in this case.
    Email:        el.ni93@hotmail.com
    Discord:    Rey#1460
  • Jaspet said:
    The finals is the finals, and the method that they used is really common in e-sports or similar brackets without a lot of teams where the goal is to determine who the best person in the overall bracket is. In such a setup, your 'elimination' bracket exists mostly to prevent unlucky match ups in the early rounds.

The general logic goes: a reduction in number of games played, and lack of fear that one accidental misstep will get you eliminated is a sufficient advantage for the winner of the upper bracket. If you're wanting to find out the best player in the tournament, you don't need to also pre-seed them with a 75% chance to win the finals based purely on the math..

But I'm new to Lusternia, and I don't have any history to draw from on how the history of these tournaments typically go. I can only give you the typical thought process behind it as a design.

I think the issue was that it was introduced without any warning. It was set as a double elimination and then right at the end once the two people are ready the standard double elimination rules were dropped and it was changed to a best out of three fresh fight. Which is fine I guess but it wasn't announced until then which threw a few people off.

Like the rules for an event should be clear and concise before the event starts and not put in or changed during.
  • edited February 2017
    Well I don't think it was a conspiracy of any sort.  I got the feeling that the tournament was well organized by the admin, but in the last round whoever was controlling Avechna took over, but didn't understand that it was a double elimination bracket (edit: Or how a double elimination bracket works).  I definitely don't think it was planned to have the finals be a best of three which didn't give any favor to the winner of the winner's bracket.  The fact that this was posted makes me think that the organizers thought I had won after I won the first round: https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/2t8EnDi1 // http://challonge.com/pugawnxd

I thought that once they said the finals were best of three, I would get a chance to play a second best of three if I lost.

Once Avechna realized that he/she had made a mistake the I guess the cat was already out of the bag, and Davos had already logged out.

Nothing that I can do about it now, I hope that it doesn't happen to anybody else.
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
    Message #96 sent by (system) (received: 2017/02/12 12:01:23)
       Typecast FULLMETAL has been rejected because: We feel that the name 'Fullmetal' is too recognisable as that of an animated series for it to be acceptable as a typecast. - please resolve the issue and resubmit your typecast.

:(
This discussion has been closed.