Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    There is definitely a common denominator here.

• Thanks! I'm pretty happy about what I've been getting done, it's really good to see that recognized. What have you been up to, @Arcanis?
    Chief Mag PR officer
  • Sthai said:
    Thanks! I'm pretty happy about what I've been getting done, it's really good to see that recognized. What have you been up to, Arcanis?

Enjoying life, traveling.

Thankfully havent wasted time on dramas, arguments, deceits, and political fights in a game. :)
  • Magdraaaama. 
    You guys don't need to let IC flow into OOC D:

In an actual tweet: 
    I'm pretty upset that I might not be able to make war. RIP.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • To say that I was getting some nostalgia about Mag, but now I remember why I left. A happy decision.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Mag has been really awesome. Arcanis just really dislikes me, and the city having anything to do with me. Don't let his not-so-subtle swipes at me turn you off. He only logs in to complain that I exist, after all. It's not an accurate reflection of life in Magnagora at the moment.

• To say that I was getting some nostalgia about Mag, but now I remember why I left. A happy decision.
    It seems a lot worse then it is, haha.  Arcanis only logs in every few months and complains.

But right now in Mag?  It's actually really fun, we've had two weddings back to back and I'm really loving having so many people playing at the same time!
  • Sthai said:
    There have certainly been some ups and downs, but more than not, I find myself having a lot of fun. The Nihilists are in a good place, faction planning has gone really well, and I've really been enjoying all things @Morgfyre. Plus, I've been having a consistently great time talking with all kinds of people about the library, including Jarlegiya, Vatul, Cyna, etc.

It's a far cry from where Mag was at 2-3 or even 1 year ago.
    Traitor to the Collective. (We miss you.)

• Maligorn said:

Traitor to the Collective. (We miss you.)
    Aw. <3  You all knew it was inevitable!
    Chief Mag PR officer
  • PR is a go.

@Fyler I missed you :(
  •  :) 
    Chief Mag PR officer
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
     I'm trying to figure out how Sthai saying she felt good about Mag warranted a flag, but guess I'm just too high on posting pills to piece it together. Welcome back, Arcanis.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Tremula said:
     I'm trying to figure out how Sthai saying she felt good about Mag warranted a flag, but guess I'm just too high on posting pills to piece it together. Welcome back, Arcanis.

Such as the flagging of my post of a quick summary of logging in, with no names mentioned? A good example :)

It is indeed good to be back, not to so good to see certain abuses on the forums and in the game done, but that is another story.
  • I'm happy to know it's fun to play there again for you.

To me though, Mag feels a bit like spousal abuse. It comes in cycles from great to miserable... again and again. So what I'm thinking is 'Oh, how long is it going to last this time?'.
  • edited February 2017
    I'm happy to know it's fun to play there again for you.

To me though, Mag feels a bit like spousal abuse. It comes in cycles from great to miserable... again and again. So what I'm thinking is 'Oh, how long is it going to last this time?'.

With Mag and frankly other cities, it depends on the powerplays.

Of all my IRE mudding life, I have never seen as much deceit, drama and arguments that happen for politics, as I do in Lusternia, and I have played 3 of the 4 current Muds. Why is this though?

I believe it stems from the way the government systems are designed, in that one gains power through first gaining it through their guild, thus naturally they would seek to gain support in their guild in order to gain a seat. You will then come by divisions in any city based on a guild that supported X to be placed, vs a guild that despises X's actions. Thus drama ensues, bickering with individuals that are forced to work with one another, and of course families attempting to gain more 'influence' by gaining more seats.

This additionally comes to the idea of "low population" and from that, low guild numbers. Guilds can have very few members but still have equal power to placing someone on of the highest seats in their city/commune. This makes it easy for someone to gain entry into a guild and get enough (which in this case is very few) supporters to place themselves in a position of power very easily and control over others, which as we have seen in Lusternian history has a good chance of ending in more drama.

I've seen the drama and plotting go to insane levels of not only harassing people but even doing their best to search and find some form of 'evidence' to get them banned or reported. Why has this corruption gone so deep? It has been taken way too far.

I'm definitely looking forward to this overhaul in hopes it will remedy this general problem.
  • Your argument is bad. Don't feed the troll.

• edited February 2017
    That's a fair point. I wouldn't even be playing Rideta as I am now if Dro hadn't poked me. We also had Morgfather hanging around supporting a number of things and the more recent Thax addition was a boon to population as well.

Edit: I'll also point out that, to a point, the Org either enables or disables their Admin as well. It's hard to be a good Admin when you hate the org you have to deal with as they continuously undercut your roleplay or outright disrespect you. I know Mag had that issue for a while as well and I know for a fact that other Orgs have and perhaps still do. Hence the God Blogs post on the topic. You're still absolutely correct that an Admin willing to work with the org is massive in terms of events, interactions, and thus population.
    (Magnagora): Thax says, "My truest favour to the soldier that brings me the weave of Neos."
  • edited February 2017
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/vxWCruRK This guy.

TIL that I'm Trump. Yikes.
    Email:        el.ni93@hotmail.com
    Discord:    Rey#1460
  • That drama isn't even remotely interesting enough to be here
    The playa you love to hate
  • edited February 2017
    Reylari said:
    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/vxWCruRK This guy.

TIL that I'm Trump. Yikes.

Woah! Haha that's amazing. People really flip out about the strangest things.

:popcorn:

Edit: PS Arcanis, you shouldn't try to stir shit up if you don't play.  Either don't post, or play.
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    #NoSiddNoWin :(
  • NOW WHO WAS GETTING CARRIED?
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
This discussion has been closed.