Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    IS IT KALIKAI THE CRIMSON EYE?

The only Gaudi god worth following : ^)

• Miss me with that stereotyped Gaudi rp
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    edited March 2017

Edit: Should make this clearer it's about my drinking parties and not the city as a whole.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • I've already recieved angry messages
  • I don't understand how the picture relates to what you wrote, and it's really frustrating because I'm 100% convinced that if I got the joke it would be hilarious :'(
  • Versalean said:
    I don't understand how the picture relates to what you wrote, and it's really frustrating because I'm 100% convinced that if I got the joke it would be hilarious :'(
    "If the shoe fits"
  • Tirah said:
    Versalean said:
    I don't understand how the picture relates to what you wrote, and it's really frustrating because I'm 100% convinced that if I got the joke it would be hilarious :'(
    "If the shoe fits"
    HAH! Knew it!
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Well. Nearly April. Here's hoping the promo is dingbats, wondercrystals, or a bonus on credits.
  • Vivet said:
    Selenity said:
    Well. Nearly April. Here's hoping the promo is dingbats, wondercrystals, or a bonus on credits.
    It will be all of the above, all at once, along with some goop, presents, and racetrack tickets thrown in on the side.

Except no money transactions will go through, and they'll decide to cancel it on the 2nd when the issue is resolved.

And now we need a LOL button!
  • Hey, yo, Culture Minister doesn't appoint new ministers, dictate elections, handle city credits, decide combat leadership, choose guild leaders, appoint leadership (this really needs to be repeated), create/maintain/update/pledge treaties, touch city funds, access credits, control guilds, or frankly do ANYTHING aside from submit plays. Like, that's. That's all I can do.

Please stop acting as if I have powers I am refusing to use. Yes, I know I've been gone a while and I did try to say this. Blame Steingrim. I told him to replace me. Please stop expecting stuff I can't even do and especially please stop getting mad when I can't do it.
  • 10.2.6 GAUDIGUCH, CITY OF FREEDOM

[THE GRAND DOMINION OF GAUDIGUCH]
                           Warlord: Steingrim
                     Divine Patron: Mysrai, Dancer Upon the Void
                   Freedom Council: Zada, Xypher, Farlaris, Vyell, and Letarne
                   Divine Pantheon: Mysrai, Kalikai, Yomoigu, and Crumkane
                 Vernal Ascendants: Malarious and Feyda
                        Ambassador: Steingrim
                 Minister of Power: Danquik
                         Treasurer: Dys
                           Steward: (Vacant)
                 Minister of Trade: Feyda
                        Chancellor: Letarne
      Minister of Cultural Affairs: (Vacant)
                         Librarian: (Vacant)
                      Great Houses: Mes'ard

[CURRENTLY IN THE REALM]
       Able to induct new citizens: (nobody)

[DENIZEN ABLE TO INDUCT NEW CITIZENS]
                          Mesadari: ASK MESADARI JOIN GAUDIGUCH

[THE ORDER OF THE SECRET FLAME]
                       Chancellors: Rolan and Kistan
                 Teachers in realm: (nobody)

----

Deeply confused.
  • Half the time I play, it's to see what new people need help
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Unrelated to the above...

I would rave about finishing this book, but I did it while I was at work, so... yeeeaah.

It's only 15,405 words or so. Most of that is lists, to be perfectly fair, but it was still a pain in the rear end. 10/10 would not recommend.

Now to shove it into a book IG and fix the formatting...
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Shaddus said:
    I play Lusternia for one person: me. I'm here for me. I design things, I role play with others, and do other things for that sole purpose, because -I- want to. If I want to sit in a manse and chat, that's what I do. If a newbie asks a question, I'll help them out because -I- want to. Not because I owe it to them, or Lusternia. 
    This is so important. Once more for the people in the back.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Shedrin said:
    I play to grief people with stupid ideas and bad jokes on OOC clans.
    Me too!

(Well...played)
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
    Not at all a simple question, so asking here.

Why in the seven blue hells do bombards take away charges built up from colossi/constructs? More than likely ships are already at a numbers advantage, and not only do colossi not build faster, but you can't focus multiple at a time. There's almost no reason to have a colossi/construct any more if they have more than one ship ready to go (which everyone does this day and age), because it seems the moment you get locked out you can't hope to overtake them.

Tremula said:

Why in the seven blue hells do bombards take away charges built up from colossi/constructs? More than likely ships are already at a numbers advantage, and not only do colossi not build faster, but you can't focus multiple at a time. There's almost no reason to have a colossi/construct any more if they have more than one ship ready to go (which everyone does this day and age), because it seems the moment you get locked out you can't hope to overtake them.
    So, just like any other conflict event, numbers play a significant advantage?

Color me surprised :D

• Or you know, to encourage more of the main mechanic in flares, aethercombat, and less of the same old same old pk that we do in almost every other conflict system.
  • Tremula said:

Ultimately it's intended. For example, the report 907 decision: "We don't want to do anything drastic that means colossi are needed or become preferrential to ship/space combat. We will make colossi absorb some of the damage caused by bombards."

If you can't win the air, most of the time you won't win the bubble, but constructs can make the difference on rare occasions.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Tremula said:

Why in the seven blue hells do bombards take away charges built up from colossi/constructs?
    My guess is that this mirrors how ego damage/recovery works with divert during village revolts.

I'll also note the same thing happens bombard vs bombard too, so it isn't strictly limited to gains via colossus/focus. My guess is that it is to help a late arrival to recover ground and fight back if they manage some noticeable progress.

I'm also guessing the number of bombarding ships matters. In this case, I think it was four? Focus has certainly helped to finish a bubble before in the past, but in those instances it was either one or two ships. I think this was the first real test of significant ship numbers versus a solid ground crew, since usually when we get to the point where one group is settling on finishing via focus, it is because -everyone- has lost their flashpoints and there are no significant fleet presences left (and cannot be unless they fly there manually).

Yes, yes, numbers matter. However there's a difference between 'have more numbers and you win' and 'these two sides are inherently unequal because one side can only ever have one construct/colossus while the other can, theoretically, win in ten minutes if they have six ships'. 

• You too could have launched six ships.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    If it makes you feel any better, I definitely did see Seren's progress decay back down a few times. It went both ways, bombard force just won out in this instance.
    Vivet said:
    Tremula said:

Why in the seven blue hells do bombards take away charges built up from colossi/constructs?
    My guess is that this mirrors how ego damage/recovery works with divert during village revolts.

I'll also note the same thing happens bombard vs bombard too, so it isn't strictly limited to gains via colossus/focus. My guess is that it is to help a late arrival to recover ground and fight back if they manage some noticeable progress.

I'm also guessing the number of bombarding ships matters. In this case, I think it was four? Focus has certainly helped to finish a bubble before in the past, but in those instances it was either one or two ships. I think this was the first real test of significant ship numbers versus a solid ground crew, since usually when we get to the point where one group is settling on finishing via focus, it is because -everyone- has lost their flashpoints and there are no significant fleet presences left (and cannot be unless they fly there manually).

You have a point there, I hadn't considered mirroring it to revolts. Maybe I should bug Ianir or an envoy to look into colossi numbers at various focusers for a fully comprehensive comparison to bombarding.

edited March 2017
    Honestly -- putting this in a nice way -- I'll chalk up the win to 2 things

1). south was distracted by a domoth

2). Hallifax had 7 ships above Cankermore in about 1 minute after the flare was announced, and uncontested we finished up and went straight to Dramube to recover the win there.

This discussion has been closed.