Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• edited July 2017
    New Lusternian asks for information on Pyromancy and Pyrochemantics. Get carried away and send wall o' text. Either they'll read all the information or they'll delete it and play a bard.
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • I hate whoever it is that keeps doing the Elsa side of the Humanist League quest. These damn puddles.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Arix said:
    well, sounds like you need to... let it go

Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Sometimes I wonder if there's some sort of sacrificial ritual going on up on Astral...
    beep
  • Yehn said:
    Sometimes I wonder if there's some sort of sacrificial ritual going on up on Astral...
    Nah, just a running of the bulls!
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    When the forums randomly log you in on your retired account. OH HEY.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
     o Upgrading from goop artifacts should now work properly and not retain
       old descriptions.

o You can now upgrade to the Binoculars of Clairvoyance from the Ring of
       Clairvoyance.

What does this mean? If I upgrade my rings they'll be described as binoculars? Any chance for a goopy ring upgrade?
  • edited July 2017
    Rivius said:
     o Upgrading from goop artifacts should now work properly and not retain
       old descriptions.

o You can now upgrade to the Binoculars of Clairvoyance from the Ring of
       Clairvoyance.

What does this mean? If I upgrade my rings they'll be described as binoculars? Any chance for a goopy ring upgrade?
    I... potentially could do that. It'd require explicit setup, but I don't mind it tbh. In fact, to differentiate it, might be worth changing it to something a bit bigger than a ring. Bracelet? Iunno. Somebody go ahead and email a description to ianir@lusternia.com for it, I'll see if we can set it up. If you do, send your char name as well so I can mark you as the creator so you get goop.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Cyndarin said:
    Welcome back/curses you will surely overtake me in forum points now!
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Cyndarin said:
    Is that a pro Shadowdancer?

• Who's idea was it for these STUPID-ASS machines for tainting and clearing the Inner Sea? Cause it's REALLY annoying and I hope the entire thing gets resolved REAL soon.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I don't know, but Glom got a tapestry and I love it.
  • Tridemon said:
    Who's idea was it for these STUPID-ASS machines for tainting and clearing the Inner Sea? Cause it's REALLY annoying and I hope the entire thing gets resolved REAL soon.
    If you don't like the event, don't participate man. I'm having a great time.
  • edited July 2017
    Cyna said:
    Tridemon said:
    Who's idea was it for these STUPID-ASS machines for tainting and clearing the Inner Sea? Cause it's REALLY annoying and I hope the entire thing gets resolved REAL soon.
    Wellllll.... YOUR side can break our machine, can't you? And you can build and enchant statue at yours. It takes just one action to take our machine out of it. ONE.

Oh, and now you've started attacking the NPCs for our power quest. Yeah, SO MUCH FUN.
  • Tridemon said:
    Cyna said:
    Tridemon said:
    Wellllll.... YOUR side can break our machine, can't you? And you can build and enchant statue at yours. It takes just one action to take our machine out of it. ONE.

Oh, and now you've started attacking the NPCs for our power quest. Yeah, SO MUCH FUN.
    Eh. That NPC was chosen at random, unrelated to the event.

I think maybe you should take a break. Go watch a movie or something. This is a game, friend. If it's making you this upset, you should probably go do something to cool off.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    You're not obligated to log in if you're not having fun. (That said, post event feedback is useful for admin to know what works and doesn't work. Sincerely doubt anyone puts together a game event with the intention to frustrate anyone.)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Well, the feedback would only be useful if it weren't me swearing at them for 5 minutes straight.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited July 2017
    Sorry, but I gotta agree. The event is extremely one-sided, weighted in Magnagora's favour.  They got the upper hand from the start by getting an ability to taint the inner sea that we were initially completely unable to counter.  Now, after we finally receive a machine to balance things, not only do you guys get a machine which can currently only be broken by dumping a ton of essence in it, but you also receive a way to break Celest's one with a SINGLE blow, meaning that you can still do it in a suicide run and we can do bugger all to stop you. 

EDIT: Taking back my last sentence.  Managed to start an interaction with an NPC.  Gonna see what happens.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • During conflict events it's actually not that uncommon to have one party enjoying the event while the other party enjoys it less.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Man, I hate when an event unfairly targets an org, like...oh, I don't know, the Spire?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Remember that time Hallifax had the option and instruction to literally destroy all of Gaudiguch? Sometimes events favor one side over another. Something cool will probably come out of it all, and while it might not be a boon for you, I doubt there are going to be effects that permanently disadvantage New Celest.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    edited July 2017
    Shaddus said:
    Man, I hate when an event unfairly targets an org, like...oh, I don't know, the Spire?
    I hate it when a Goddess poses as another and uses all the offerings to her to hurt Celest, and when Mag gets to enact a ritual that breaks their Star.  A regeneration malus must mean you're truly suffering there, eh.

EDIT: Requisite salt aside, I agree with Daraius. Hopefully, hopefully.

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Maligorn said:
    Shaddus said:
    I hate it when a Goddess poses as another and uses all the offerings to her to hurt Celest, and when Mag gets to enact a ritual that breaks their Star.  A regeneration malus must mean you're truly suffering there, eh.

ehhhh... in the recent case where they took down the Star of Celest, Celest DID get to kill the Necromentate outright as well.  With Dro-dro posing as Carakhan, we also got Carakhan as a result (after @Drocilla was revealed to be pretending to be @Carakhan), so both events pretty much had equal negative or positive effects.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
    edited July 2017
    Idk, I think New Celest gets shit on a lot event-wise (wayyyy more than Magnagora) but I'm not an expert. Did you guys get to kill a DL after they killed Raziela for their event, dropping bonds and deep bonds for Nihilists?

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    They make up for it in envoy reports am I right?  :#
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Maligorn said:
    Shaddus said:

A one time event to introduce a goddess is a bit less damaging than a quest that puts one org under a regeneration malus, yes. Now, as I understand it, the current event taints the Inner Sea and does little else. That's not even technically damaging.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    edited July 2017
    My problem with Celest's events, and this is completely from an outsider's perspective, is that they always seem to get screwed over with the entire quest revolved around them restoring the status quo. There have been a few already that basically felt like Magnagora (as a whole, not necessarily the players themselves) being allowed to romp around in Celest's own backyard doing whatever they wanted to and then Celest having to do a dumb fetch-quest. It makes Celest feel very reactive.

Presentation is just as important as the actual results.
This discussion has been closed.