Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• Message me some concepts and we can brain storm something
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited August 2017
    Saran said:
    Cyndarin said:
    Saran said:
    Cyndarin said:
    Saran said:
    Cyndarin said:
    stuff
     my stuff

your stuff
    That's now how burden of proof works. You're conveniently dismissing any evidence that runs contrary to your narrative. Call me crazy, but I don't think you're really interested in perspective here. Your prerogative.

Frankly, I don't know of any org that has had an event where they win lusternia and grow, rather than held its ground. Glomdoring bought an island with credits and their Xenthos Mastercard as part of an auction, I guess. 

The burden of proof actually rests with you at the moment.
    As noted, this is something that is being worked on and you are, in effect, arguing that the "facelift" brought in more fully with the new guilds isn't necessary. 

Of course, unless you're playing a Seren, I'm not even really sure why you care so much? It only really affects Serenwilde, unless this is sparked by fear that the tables will be turned.

As for events where an org "won".

Glomdoring has been involved in events where they held power over their mortal enemy and exercised it, on top of benefiting from it (Dark Druids).

Nocht has extorted the Eye of Dynara from Serenwilde and Manteekan still has Hoaracle's hand as far as I'm aware.

I believe there's also one which gave them the ability to Wyrd the river that wasn't wyrden in the forest, from memory there's a counter or a time out.

The Sowers guild hall from memory is on reclaimed land, which is in line with the facelift and showing that Serenwilde can grow.

Nope, I'll note my arguments have always been "Serenwilde is not being singled out," which I've provided examples of how other orgs have had to reconcile their RP/sense of purpose with events that challenge their position. You've just dismissed them out of hand, but I proved my case either way. Why I care or don't care doesn't have any relevance. 

Oh, you're rolling in god events. The untainting of the Maeve event post largely centers around Lisaera and Maeve. 

Xenthos mentioned the Virasune event, which Magnagora/Glomdoring lost. We even lost while we had the area locked down with a meld and choke because players would just run through with (old) divinefire and drop the quest essence. We had the upper hand and still "lost." We didn't lose newbies because the Wyrd wasn't actually perfect/the most winning/whatever.

Things don't always work out. 

• All these events are shaped by our own biases and perspectives (even the ones running them) because how we have experienced Lusternia on a personal level. All one can do is offer up ideas on what they would like to see from certain events and realize not everything is going to fit their narrative of what Lusty is "supposed" to be. 

I have characters in Mag. I don't ever play them because I do nt enjoy anything about Mag. I don't like it so I don't F with it. Nothing about Mag appeals to me. Zero. Zilch. From the time before Lisaera returned to the basin till now, nothing in Mag is palatable. Should it be destroyed? No cause it's not for me. Every event isn't for everyone. That does not make it a bad event. 

Dont like Hart having to sacrifice himself to save Seren? Cool. Someone does. 

And stop with the Tit for Tat stuff. If we could open the abyss of the vault that was "lack of rants" this complaint is not new. Ever. To any side. (Cept Halli and Gaudi cause hey didn't get to experience that hell hole)
  • wtf is this:

Old Imperial Road approaching Gaudiguch. (road).
    This location is flooded with shallow, crystal clear water. A statue of a sinister nagasith stands 
    here, memorialising his noble spirit. Pausing to rest, a mugwump pilgrim looks off into the distance.
     Pausing to rest, an aslaran pilgrim looks off into the distance.
    You see exits leading southeast and northwest.
    A statue of a sinister nagasith unleashes a bolt of energy that slams into you.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited August 2017
    P STATUE.  It is tuned against members of the Free Forest of Glomdoring.  It is tuned for no one.

Basically someone decided to make a statue to grief Glomfolk on the roads.

I'm destroying it.

Edit: And it's gone.  Woo free marble for me.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I thought statues outside orgs couldn't be tuned
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I don't remember that being a thing, but if that was put in place then it was a buggy statue that has now been thoroughly demolished.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    I remember people putting tuned statues against enemies of a certain clan in a Celest sea-battle area. I think the merian isle? I didn't know you could put statues in neutral areas and actually tune them against big orgs, though.

• edited August 2017
    I thought you could tune them in neutral areas but they required a declare. Seems no ones sure for 100% :/
    I may be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure someone went through before some Ascension and put up a bunch of statues tuned against an org to slow people down on the roads, so the admin did something about it.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Well, no need to guess who had that much free time and bile on their hands. Thanks for nixxing it, @Xenthos
  • Annick said:
    All these events are shaped by our own biases and perspectives (even the ones running them) because how we have experienced Lusternia on a personal level. All one can do is offer up ideas on what they would like to see from certain events and realize not everything is going to fit their narrative of what Lusty is "supposed" to be. 

I have characters in Mag. I don't ever play them because I do nt enjoy anything about Mag. I don't like it so I don't F with it. Nothing about Mag appeals to me. Zero. Zilch. From the time before Lisaera returned to the basin till now, nothing in Mag is palatable. Should it be destroyed? No cause it's not for me. Every event isn't for everyone. That does not make it a bad event. 

Dont like Hart having to sacrifice himself to save Seren? Cool. Someone does. 

And stop with the Tit for Tat stuff. If we could open the abyss of the vault that was "lack of rants" this complaint is not new. Ever. To any side. (Cept Halli and Gaudi cause hey didn't get to experience that hell hole)
    We don't need to open the abyss, all we had to do was rename it
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited August 2017
    Versalean said:
    Well, no need to guess who had that much free time and bile on their hands. Thanks for nixxing it, @Xenthos
    Can definitely construct statues on the roads. Just made one at the Ackleberry Junction to test it.  Gonna demolish it again. Destroyed it.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    First time I ever had THIS bug pop up...

Cleansed the cay and lit the beacon to sink the ship of the dead but when I entered the ship, there was no Ladantine to be found.

After a little more investigation, he was found still chilling out in his cave, his ship captainless.

Mechanics-wise, the ship still sank after he was killed, despite his deserting his post.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I'm having a lot of fun on both characters I play, even just coming back into activity, and I can't decide if I want to play one or the other. It's a good, confusing feeling that reminds me why I like this game.

Serenwilde or Gaudi/Mag. Decisions, decisions.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I dislike when the computer glitches up and freezes and you accidentally click Mark All Viewed instead of Recent Discussions on the forum. Noo. :(
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • oh god that happened to me last month, it was awful
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    I miss guildhalls. :(

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Rancoura said:
    I miss guildhalls. :(
    My new one moves and has ziplines to ride. It helps :) .
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    I meant I miss them in general. We don't have ours yet!

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Rancoura said:
    I meant I miss them in general. We don't have ours yet!
    I hope you get them soon! Some of them have been exceptionally well-crafted! And all of them are interesting.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    I wish newbies wouldn't join an org and just suicide hours later.
  • Shaddus said:
    Especially repeatedly.
  • @rancoura I put in a commune request for some stuff linked to guild halls/faction overhaul a while ago and am just waiting for a response.
  • Shaddus said:
    Agreed, on the whole. Some... I wish would suicide a whole lot sooner.
  • Shaddus said:
    I was one of them, once. Interested, but overwhelmed. Wanting to get into the game, but not really being able to.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • Riluna said:
    Shaddus said:
    I was one of them, once. Interested, but overwhelmed. Wanting to get into the game, but not really being able to.
    That's good to know. The reason it bothers me when they do that is I don't know why. Like, if there was something we could've done to help them stick around, I'd want the chance to do so.
  • I used to do that when I wanted to try new orgs or guilds. I'd make an alt and either end up giving up on it, or suicide it, but either way I decided it was just easier to move my main different places
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    It only bothers me when the same newbie returns over and over in new iterations to the org after suiciding. Otherwise, I feel it's noobs still figuring out what they want to do.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Sylandra said:
    It only bothers me when the same newbie returns over and over in new iterations to the org after suiciding. Otherwise, I feel it's noobs still figuring out what they want to do.
    Yeah that's more what I meant.
This discussion has been closed.