Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited August 2017
    >--------------------------[ Changelog Entry #1012 ]--------------------------<
       Entered by: Ianir the Anomaly                   Date: 2017-08-21 23:20:49

o We have initiated a large banwave of various VPN services. If you or
       somebody you know is mistakenly affected by this, please feel free to
       email support@lusternia.com

o We have disallowed messages to be sent from individuals in the
       introduction, individuals with fewer than 60 minutes of playtime, and
       individuals without a confirmed registration.
    >---------------------------------------------------------------------------<

When I first read it, I thought the latest changelog was a little extreme, but after inquiring further with @Ianir, I definitely understand the reasoning behind it and fully support it.

Elaboration on the 2nd changelog note based on what Ianir told me:
    IF character.tutorial.complete = NO
    TERMINATE (deny message)

IF character.tutorial.complete= YES
    AND character.registered = NO
    TERMINATE (deny message)

IF character.tutorial.complete = YES
    AND character.registered = YES
    AND character.playtime < 60m
    TERMINATE (deny message)

IF character.tutorial.complete = YES
    AND character.registered = YES
    AND character.playtime >= 60m
    ALLOW message

Basically you need to meet all 3 flags before you can send a message.  If any one of them does not meet the criteria, you can't.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited August 2017
    That's a pretty awesome changelog.

Are vpns that big of a deal? I've never used one, but people seem to always say that you should use one.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I finally figured out why essence dropping beasts on Glom kick my butt so much, because wow the Wyrd is so powerful that's why they're the hardest. NMBG
  • I think the wyrd beasts hit with the worst afflictions.
  • Gotta produce really hardened Druids somehow. 
  • Looking at you, shadow hawks.
  • Moi said: 
    Looking at you, shadow hawks.
    Ya, they're the worst[best?].
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    So, as it turns out, wonder items can not be customized. I understand that it's technically not possible, it's just really sad as especially the wings have no combination that I find at least somewhat aesthetically appealing :( (and yes, this is a minor problem, but it irks me :P )
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
    Aeldra said:
    So, as it turns out, wonder items can not be customized. I understand that it's technically not possible, it's just really sad as especially the wings have no combination that I find at least somewhat aesthetically appealing :( (and yes, this is a minor problem, but it irks me :P )
    Perhaps submit an IDEA with suggestions for words to be added to the list, increasing the potential combinations?

Kagato said:
    Aeldra said:
    Perhaps submit an IDEA with suggestions for words to be added to the list, increasing the potential combinations?
    I can try that if I get a good idea, but it won't change that the item in question ( the wings ) have a theme that's related to astrology and I'm so much not a fan of that, I'm not even sure they could or should change the item. Like, "Wings of the flowering Antlers" or what the last one was that I actually kept for a bit, it's just... it's the whole item's short desc that doesn't work for me ( probably because it's wings ). I really wanted my wings to just be butterfly wings ;)
  • Rancoura said:
    I miss you, Lusternia :(

I'm really hoping to be back soon; I plan on getting my office/lady-cave in semi-working order either tonight or sometime this weekend. 
    :open_mouth:

*does mentor dance to summon Rancoura*
  • Rancoura said:

lady-cave

• Isune said:

So if you cannot access the Forum's Reset Password link like the rest of us: 
    http://forums.lusternia.com/entry/passwordrequest 

I hope this helps some folks out there and do share this information!
    Thank you! I've not been able to log in for weeks.
  • Underwhelming promotion.
    edited September 2017
    o.O  A chance to win 1,000 credits every week, plus a chance to win 10,000 credits at the end of the month is 'underwhelming'?

• Kagato said:
    o.O  A chance to win 1,000 credits every week, plus a chance to win 10,000 credits at the end of the month is 'underwhelming'?

Across every IRE game...

If each game has 500 ish active players (Going from Lusternia ranks but... I think Achaea has a lot more..?), you'd get a 1/2000 chance of winning (4 times). Your chance of being struck by lightning, for comparison, is 1/3000...

of course, realistically your chances are weighted... in your favor if you spend above the median amount, not in your favor if you spend below...

I'm sure the winners will be pretty excited, of course, but it's not a realistic expectation...

Tirah said:
    Message #3029 sent by (system) (received: 2017/09/01 01:14:23) Congratulations! You have won the prize in the Iron Realms Lottery - 20000 credits!
    Message #3032 sent by (system) (received: 2017/09/01 01:56:04) You have been given -20000 credit(s).
    Message #3033 sent by Roark (received: 2017/09/01 02:07:56) Sorry about that! The lottery code unexpectedly ran when I enabled it using data from a previous lottery and happened to grab your name.

;( ;( ;(

*hugs*
    beep
    edited September 2017
    You are also working off the premise that every single person will be making a purchase or qualifying for the free ticket by logging on for 1 hour every day for the required 5 days, along with an average of each person having a single ticket for the drawing.  Some people will have none and thus not factor in, some may have 11 tickets because they might have purchased 100 credits plus gotten the 'free' ticket.

Yes, there may be somewhere in the vicinity of 500 'active' characters in the rankings, but a lot of those are very likely alternates of a smaller pool of players, especially given that even at it's busiest I don't think I've seen Lusternia get particularly close to 100 simultaneous connections, it usually seems to be closer 60ish, sometimes bottoming out at as little as 20 during quiet parts of the day.

(That is just working off Lusternia numbers, I don't play any of the other IRE games, so I won't profess to have any idea of how many people play the other games or what their spending habits might be like.)

That all being said, I'm fairly happy with the promotion - we're getting new dingbat items released, a promo that offers 40% more credits (50% if you have the membership) and free dingbats at set thresholds, on top of the lottery.

• edited September 2017
    EDIT: Eh, screw it. Nothing I type here is gonna stop the whining, so...

edited September 2017
    I personally find it okay to state if you consider a promotion unappealing, though I'd prefer if you'd be saying why, if it's done in a constructive way. Lusternia and thus IRE only has so many ways to actually gather feedback on what they're doing and, incidentially, they want people to buy their stuff. If I were in that position, I'd rather have people 'whine' about my product, giving me the chance to actually react if I deem it neccessary while comparing it with my revenue income instead of finding out much later that apparently what I did was not appealing to people. Not everyone is looking for the same thing in a promotion, so there'll always be people liking and disliking, but no feedback is in my opinion, always, bad for a company in IRE's position.

On my personal opinion, I wouldn't call it an underwhelming promotion, but it's also not a promotion that'll particularly inspire me to invest. I tend to enjoy promotions that usually end up having a bit of excitement to them but also have a viable turnout. The lottery is a little too aloof for me, personally, but that's alright (and a credit bonus is always nice if you're looking to get credits). There's other promotions I did find interesting that others didn't.
  • 40% sale and bonus dingbats is a pretty nice offer on its own never mind the extra chance of a lottery win.

• Although I see why more established folks are not that interested but this is an amazing offer for folks who still need/want lessons, credit and dingbat artifacts.
  • edited September 2017
    Here's what £100 will buy this month:
    ======================

NB. £100 ~ $130 (Thank you, Leave voters)

------------------------------
    OPTION 1

1x 200cr @ $69.99
    1x 100cr @ $39.99
    1x   50cr @ $19.99
    1x 140cr @ $  0.00 - Thank you, IRE!

i.e.,
    490cr
    30db
    49 lottery tickets
    Change for snacks

---
    OR
    ---
    OPTION 2

1x Membership @   24.99
    1x 300cr           @ 104.98
    1x 150cr           @     0.00 - Thank you, IRE!

i.e.,
    450cr
    100 bound credits (I don't currently have membership - ymmv)
    50db (are the 20 from membership stickies?)
    150 lessons (I log in every day - ymmv)
    45 lottery tickets

ETA: One piece of feedback on the promo structure - I don't get the incentive to buy a (smaller?) amount of credits each week (to maximise lottery draws - yes, for the statisticians this is a fallacy, but I can tell you for nothing that it's going to be a psychologically attractive one nonetheless); my limited understanding of economics is that you should encourage bulk sales. You want all of my disposable income NOW, right? Not a quarter of it each week.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Ever since my friend called Glomdoring's cooking cartel "Fancy Feast" instead of Shadowfeast that's the only way I read it as now  ._.;
    @Xenthos sometimes cooks, he has a big cat named Ilistala. It all makes sense now.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

This discussion has been closed.