Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• Maligorn said:
    Shedrin said:
    Magnagora has been pretty consistently strong for a while now. I think being basically 4v1 actually helps there. You guys get plenty of conflict so you have lots of activity.

Gaudiguch, though it could be in the same position, doesn't actually get that much conflict because Hallifax's master plan of boring them to death is working, and they otherwise lose everything.

Basically: conflict and having enemies is good.
    I wouldn't say it's that we're -trying- to be boring, it's just that Hallifax has always had its priorities in different places. If anyone stands against us in the cultural arena, the sparks would be flying and frequently, and if aethercombat were more frequent, we'd be on our ball there too. Raiding cosmic/elemental/order realms is just so...meh. Hallifax has a great opportunity to shine up, but I think that we aren't really up to going against the gaudi squad OR raiding when they're not around, and they're reciprocating the relative peace.

Not that I wouldn't jump at the chance of a retaliatory fleshpot raid or something. My last kill in Lusternia was on July 07. :(

In truth I find the Gaudi vs Halli conflict mechanics are just not as intense as, say, Celest vs Mag. In fact, Celest and Mag have thee most conflict-enducing and interactive Epic quest out of the game, in which none of the other orgs even come close to. Frankly the Mirror quest, Hifarae hills, and all other variations of 'conflict epics' are just so lite in comparison to the Sea battle, in which it is actually spanned over several days to get a 'win' in order to do the quest itself.

Quests aside, I always felt the cosmic plane 'ideologies' of Gaudiguch and Hallifax were just not as intense nor RP-inducing as the other orgs. Where Celest and Mag have clear conflict with the idea of 'Holy vs Unholy', and Serenwilde and Glomdoring with 'Purity vs Wyrd', Gaudiguch and Hallifax are more based towards their cosmic planes having an underlying theme representation of 'Chaos vs Harmony', rather than them actually being such. Their planes are more of test subjects to further their own studies and arts, and that generally wont breed conflict. While Gaudiguch and Hallifax do have a great historical RP reason to detest one another (events in Taint wars for example), that is just a 'good book' in the end and frankly didnt actually involve the players themselves. My opinion anyway.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Shuyin said:
    Sorry, let me know when things are actually happening again without needing an event to prompt things. 

Maybe go kill our shit and grief and make me feel obligated to come wreck things without sucking down 2 million essence to do so.

Also I got into Smite. I'm not very good but it gets me angry.

P.S. Why does every event need essence. Always essence.

I wanted to steal a domoth yesterday but no one wanted to come with me and Mag was blocked out. It was only 5 people, we could have taken them. I just couldn't take them by myself :(

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Synkarin said:
    Shuyin said:
    Sorry, let me know when things are actually happening again without needing an event to prompt things. 

Maybe go kill our shit and grief and make me feel obligated to come wreck things without sucking down 2 million essence to do so.

I wanted to steal a domoth yesterday but no one wanted to come with me and Mag was blocked out. It was only 5 people, we could have taken them. I just couldn't take them by myself :(
    Not with that attitude.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    Tremula said:

Not with that attitude.

Touche my friend, touche

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Synkarin said:
    Shuyin said:

I was afk, sorry. Next time!
  • Gonna have to say I agree with you, @Arcanis. Also, while the conflict between Celest and Mag always seems to be kill, crush, destroy, there is the whole anti-city pro-nature thing between Glomdoring and Serenwilde that we can occasionally reluctantly agree on. I don't really see Celest and Mag having anything in common on that level... the conflict is very clear-cut and tied up both with with history and present ideology.

Not that it's a bad thing either way. 
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Politics have become more convoluted and confusing than I'd like. It's very discouraging when it comes to participating in conflict.
  • Rivius said:
    Politics have become more convoluted and confusing than I'd like. It's very discouraging when it comes to participating in conflict.
    Better to ask forgiveness than permission to get involved.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
    Kethaera said:
    Rivius said:
    Better to ask forgiveness than permission to get involved.

@Celina - you heard it here first, lets role

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    My personal philosophy, but the Court tends to disagree with that method. Or most of my methods, really. 

This Halli/Celest treaty is officially the most boring alliance in the game's history. 
  • Huh... I gather from that exchange that @Synkarin believes that Keth is the voice of Glom politics or something. Sweet.
  • edited October 2015
    Shuyin said:
    Delete alliances, let's fight everyone

Hear, hear! Delete all politics.

Let's WoW this motha (although technically WoW has 2 alliances but they are more for show than any form of real depth...)
  • Kethaera said:
    Gonna have to say I agree with you, Arcanis. Also, while the conflict between Celest and Mag always seems to be kill, crush, destroy, there is the whole anti-city pro-nature thing between Glomdoring and Serenwilde that we can occasionally reluctantly agree on. I don't really see Celest and Mag having anything in common on that level... the conflict is very clear-cut and tied up both with with history and present ideology.

Not that it's a bad thing either way. 

In truth, and not to seem like im trying to steal the spotlight from others, but a lot of the game's original and most important focus (and even till now) has always seemed to be around the idea of the 'Salvation' of the Basin (Through Celest) against the 'Damnation' of the Basin (Through Magnagora) (These are purely opinionated views and change from org to org, as Magnagora simply sees its way of life as the true Salvation, for example).

This is the age in the Basin directly after the earth-shattering effects of the release of the taint, which, historically, we can view that since then, the Basin, and frankly lusternia, has not at all been as stable as it once was, with the seals constantly weakening (in which back before the events of the taint, it was unheard of). This brings it down to "Who will be savior", and the two big players seem to be Alpha Light and Alpha Dark, while the others are more grey variations towards them. My opinion anyway
    Kethaera said:
    Huh... I gather from that exchange that @Synkarin believes that Keth is the voice of Glom politics or something. Sweet.

More like @Synkarin is taking whatever he can use and rolling with it.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Arcanis said:

In truth, and not to seem like im trying to steal the spotlight from others, but a lot of the game's original and most important focus (and even till now) has always seemed to be around the idea of the 'Salvation' of the Basin (Through Celest) against the 'Damnation' of the Basin (Through Magnagora) (These are purely opinionated views and change from org to org, as Magnagora simply sees its way of life as the true Salvation, for example).

This is the age in the Basin directly after the earth-shattering effects of the release of the taint, which, historically, we can view that since then, the Basin, and frankly lusternia, has not at all been as stable as it once was, with the seals constantly weakening (in which back before the events of the taint, it was unheard of). This brings it down to "Who will be savior", and the two big players seem to be Alpha Light and Alpha Dark, while the others are more grey variations towards them. My opinion anyway
    I like it, on both counts, although I wasn't around in the beginning to say if that's really what it was supposed to be originally. It's nice to have complicated politics with rivals, and it's nice to have two orgs that are a dedicated source of conflict. I've been bored with playing on the 'dedicated light side'.. It's ok to be grey. I feel like printing up t-shirts with that slogan.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    We could be enemies with benefits? Frenemies!
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    You probably need to actually fight to fulfill the enemy part of frenemy
  • Sylandra said:
    And gather in @Daraius's shop. He needs to advertise it that way: "When you want to chat with your frenemies, but can't agree on where to go- Golden Serenity Teahouse."
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Comfortably appointed for small gatherings or political machinations.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Kethaera said:
    Sylandra said:
    And gather in @Daraius's shop. He needs to advertise it that way: "When you want to chat with your frenemies, but can't agree on where to go- Golden Serenity Teahouse."
    Except Glom would be like, "Eugh... not enough shadow."

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Have a corner covered in lace and primary colored beach parasols for glom.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Kaalak said:
    Have a corner covered in bottles and nudie mags for Gaudi

ftfy
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • lol. Love the pic used for Hamster hunt on website. Ah @Vetala, it becomes you so well.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Twenty minutes solving a sudoku puzzle by hand only to have people come in and take the medallions out of the hopper when I'm nearly done. And when I mean nearly done...

/=========================\
    |-| a b c | d e f | g h i |
    |-|-------+-------+-------|
    |1| E A I | D G F | B H C |
    |2| F G B | A H C | _ E D |
    |3| C H D | B E I | A G F |
    |4| D C G | F _ H | E A B |
    |5| B F H | E D A | C I G |
    |6| A _ E | C B G | F D H |
    |7| _ B A | G F D | _ C E |
    |8| _ D F | _ C E | G B A |
    |9| G E C | _ A B | D F _ |
    \=========================/

I mean nearly done. :(
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    edited October 2015
    You probably need to actually fight to fulfill the enemy part of frenemy
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Tremula said:
    Twenty minutes solving a sudoku puzzle by hand only to have people come in and take the medallions out of the hopper when I'm nearly done. And when I mean nearly done...

Nothing teaches a person a lesson quite like murder
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I personally just started using online Sudoku solvers for them; they are fun / not too hard in the game, but a lot of them are either time sensitive (random resets while solving the puzzle will waste hours of work, here's looking at you, Xion) or controversial (making it time sensitive in another way, need to finish before someone finds you).

It's a great idea, but just does not work out in actual gameplay imo.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Tremula said:

Don't stand at the Hopper or whatever the thing is called.

Oh, and solve it before putting them in, and write it all out in a notepad first (get a from hopper, put a in right place, get b from hopper, put b in right place, etc).

One of the worst mechanics I've ever seen for a quest.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Tremula said:

They only took the medallions out of the hopper?

They could have also pushed the tablet to reset it. Or killed Lanikai; that stops your side doesn't it?
This discussion has been closed.