Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    It does, and I had it all solved, but changing it back to letters from number form gives me a headache so I forgot to leave the room or ask for a gem.

And @Celina:

zap arcanis
    You use 10,000 of your divine essence.
    As you wave your hands in a mesmerising pattern, beautific music and the soft crackle of lightning fills the air. The bolts abruptly dissipate as you sing the name of Arcanis.
    15:15:06.28|100%h|100%m|100%e|10p|100%en|100%w Be- 
    (-10000 essence) 

Arcanis has left the area.
    clan anon tell Arcanis leaves Inner Sea.
    15:15:07.49|100%h|100%m|100%e|10p|100%en|100%w Be- 
    (Anonymous): You say, "Arcanis leaves Inner Sea."
    15:15:07.59|100%h|100%m|100%e|10p|100%en|100%w Be- 
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Who dies to a zap. 
  • edited October 2015
    Tremula said:
    It does, and I had it all solved, but changing it back to letters from number form gives me a headache so I forgot to leave the room or ask for a gem.

And Celina:

zap arcanis
    As you wave your hands in a mesmerising pattern, beautific music and the soft crackle of lightning fills the air. The bolts abruptly dissipate as you sing the name of Arcanis.
    (-10000 essence) 

In my defense (though I need not give one since standing in enemy territory when spotted has almost no benefit to the enemy), I had hit my orgbix button rightttt after I killed Lanikai, which coincidentally, was when your zap fell in.

That aside, im not sure what to say. You were doing a very sensitive quest, a quest that has been around for a long time and known for how irksome it can be. At the very least you should have taken some more advice on it, such as the fact the medallions I took have a pretty low reset timer and probably would have returned to the hopper in time for you to complete it (had I not killed lanikai just after), or that the people you had protecting lanikai were partially afk and didnt even try to stop me killing her, so you'll need someone a little more active for that.

Additionally, there is near to no reason for me to show you an inch of mercy in these quests. You made it pretty clear of your vindications with the raising and reraising of Marani. If it was perhaps someone else down there, I might have considered letting them finish it since we really dont need any more sea battles won at this point.
    edited October 2015
    Arcanis said:
    Tremula said:
    EDIT: cleaning up long post
    Additionally, there is near to no reason for me to show you an inch of mercy in these quests. You made it pretty clear of your vindications with the raising and reraising of Marani. If it was perhaps someone else down there, I might have considered letting them finish it since we really dont need any more sea battles won at this point.
    Prove I did it, then talk to me. 

• AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    edited October 2015

Arcanis said:
    Tremula said:

And Celina:

zap arcanis
    (-10000 essence) 

In my defense (though I need not give one since standing in enemy territory when spotted has almost no benefit to the enemy), I had hit my orgbix button rightttt after I killed Lanikai, which coincidentally, was when your zap fell in.

That aside, im not sure what to say. You were doing a very sensitive quest, a quest that has been around for a long time and known for how irksome it can be. At the very least you should have taken some more advice on it, such as the fact the medallions I took have a pretty low reset timer and probably would have returned to the hopper in time for you to complete it (had I not killed lanikai just after), or that the people you had protecting lanikai were partially afk and didnt even try to stop me killing her, so you'll need someone a little more active for that.

Really sad to read this. Also, not completely right, I did try to hit you, you preferred to run. Not sure what this marani business is about, but then, everybody's responsible for their own doing, not 'because somebody did something I do this to somebody else'.

edit: I'm sad about this, because of that last paragraph, just :-( on that.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • edited October 2015
    Tremula said:
    Arcanis said:
    Tremula said:
    EDIT: cleaning up long post
    Prove I did it, then talk to me. 

You basically asking for proof rather than laughing it off or denying it, pretty much near proves it. Additionally when it first started, you claimed "Shouldnt have shown me how to solve it!". So....yeah
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Note that the other threads are noticeably clean however. It's doing its job.
    Doesn't sound like proof, so bye sugarlumps.

ANYWAY.

Apparently Lanikai's seahorse stays with her for a while, and she doesn't realise she's still riding it. It's like the "I can't find my glasses when they're on top of my head" guy.

• Conflict does get pretty boring when you're the one constantly on the offensive/taking the risk to make things interesting. If Mag's doing well because of a lot of back and forth conflict, clearly we all need to start raiding the $&@# out of each other FOR THE HEALTH OF THE GAME. Onward!
    To be fair, I've tried raiding Mag but they drop Ripple/Distort if you so much as give a demon a dirty look. I check Nil periodically at least once a day when I log on and I think I've seen it without ripple once in the past RL week. So I killed and imp and had ripple/distort before the 4 combatant defenders moved from the nexus. 

So there's that.
  • edited October 2015
    Celina said:
    To be fair, I've tried raiding Mag but they drop Ripple/Distort if you so much as give a demon a dirty look. I check Nil periodically at least once a day when I log on and I think I've seen it without ripple once in the past RL week. So I killed and imp and had ripple/distort before the 4 combatant defenders moved from the nexus. 

So there's that.

That...is the norm for every cosmic plane now with any org that gets a bubble. Every org is now able to get free discretionary powers by simply winning a bubble and raising a construct. There is very very little reason -not- to be abusing this to constantly keep the defenses up. Im not sure what it is you are expecting...if anything you should be complaining about the mechanics in place, and not if they are being used.

Also there being a distort and ripple has not been disuading cosmic raids (as less as they are now) from still occurring. Looking at the Nil logs right now, I see that Kelly-no-more, Tremula, Taevyn, and even Leolamins have killed demons in these past 2 days alone, and more than your 1 imp. All the cosmic planes now have escape ships for each alliance...so im not sure what the issue is.
    I agree, support my distort report.
    edited October 2015
    1) Yes, I know what the constructs do.

2) I will complain both about the mechanics, and the people that use mechanics to such an extent that it is a detriment to the game. Both are issues, in my book. These mechanics were an overreaction to raiding, and while flawed on their own, their existence does not excuse damaging behavior. Kind of like....just because you can chop trees doesn't mean you should chop trees. They were designed to relieve players of excessive raiding and conflict, not prevent it outright. Conflict is healthy for a conflict oriented game. Both mechanics and players who excessively dissuade conflict are hurting the game.

3) I don't know the circumstances surrounding their raids, so I have no comment there. I raid almost exclusively alone and to get people to fight me, not to murder demons in the wee hours of the morning. That being said, the cost of death is steep, and a 3v1 while off equilibrium a third of the time is suicidal to the point of not fun, regardless of whatever escape ships are docked at whatever plane.
  • I tried raiding Gaudiguch a bit. No one responded. :\
    Rofl
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Shedrin said:
    I tried raiding Gaudiguch a bit. No one responded. :\

What, when? I don't see anything on CT, nothing on OT, nothing in logs. The key part to raiding is getting people's attention and in that my friend, you failed.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • edited October 2015
    Synkarin said:
    Shedrin said:
    I tried raiding Gaudiguch a bit. No one responded. :\

What, when? I don't see anything on CT, nothing on OT, nothing in logs. The key part to raiding is getting people's attention and in that my friend, you failed.
    I hit Fire and Vortex. Mysrai's realm looked clear of moths. I also tried to gank @Ardmore but he ran away.

I know Farlaris was around, and I think Seraku (he's Illuminati right?). Farlaris was also on Vortex when I showed up and got hit with switchfate. I think I did due diligence in getting attention, though I guess I could've started spamming tells at people.

I guess it was just bad timing. I'll try again some other time.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    After you ganked Ardmore, you were sitting on Prime! Everytime I looked!

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Synkarin said:
    Hmm, yeah for a bit. Then I hit Vortex. I guess I should've returned to a plane right away.

Also, an offer to anyone: If you declare and kill me, I'll PK forgive you.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    You know what? I'm hopping on that wagon. Kill me anywhere, I'll pk forgive as well.
  • Poor Ardmore. :(
    Shedrin said:
    Synkarin said:
    Hmm, yeah for a bit. Then I hit Vortex. I guess I should've returned to a plane right away.

Will you also agree to not file a complaint over the Treaty?
  • Tarkenton said:
    You know what? I'm hopping on that wagon. Kill me anywhere, I'll pk forgive as well.
    Yep please attack, raid, gank anything.  Things have been too quiet and all these alliances are so restrictive for pk interactions.

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

• Celina said:
    Shedrin said:
    Synkarin said:

Will you also agree to not file a complaint over the Treaty?
    Can't guarantee that sorry, but depending on the circumstances I might not. Depends how it's rped.
  • How long do we have to solve the treasure hunt?

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • edited October 2015
    Holy shit...didnt know if I would make it with all those random disconnects. Nearly berated my modem.

Also that Hall of Mirrors clue was brutal. I pity anyone that doesnt know how to get in there (I didnt even know)
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Most brutal scavenger hunt I've been in. Very nicely done to the winners, and Hallifax shall get you next time.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Oddly enough the great spirit altar was what was killing me. Considering I'm a noob and couldn't find those caverns to save my life :(
This discussion has been closed.