The PK Forgive Pledge Thread

Since all the folks who like killing are bored/game is quiet/whatever, thought this might be a good idea.

Basic idea is you're agreeing to pk forgive anyone who declares and kills you.

Bonus points if you won't get treaties involved either. Figured this should have its own thread so it doesn't get lost in tweets.

So yeah, I'll pk forgive anyone who declares me.

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    None of my alts will ever complain to Avechna unless you abuse this privilege repeatedly. This I vow.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Avenger seems like a very 'meta' mechanic to me. It's important for what it does, but it's also gets in the way of conflict rp a lot of the time.

So that's my primary goal here. If you want to attack me, then I'll drop the meta mechanic, and let it be decided on skill and the consequences rped out.

That's also why I'm not gonna guarantee I won't get treaties involved either, cuz that's rp, even if they're pretty restrictive and annoying sometimes.

Hope that makes sense.
  • edited October 2015
    Edit: My post had to have MJ tell me this

• .. Haha, no.

PK CAREFUL OFF means you won't be stopped when you try to attack someone in a situation where the Avenger will kick your ass. Basically, going PK CAREFUL OFF means you're even more likely to get an Avatar of Vengeance waking you in the mornings, every morning.

• I will not turn pk careful off but I will pk forgive for prime attacks on Leo, Kallem, Woody and Metallicnus. Also hate the alliance structure so I will never make a complaint. I will only be doing this for those who reciprocate the commitment.

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

..Metallic what?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I'm not talking pk careful off. I'm just talking about how I like to fight, and if someone wants to throw down on prime, they can do so without fear of avenger. Tired of feeling safe everywhere I go. And if we can turn things from a few skirmishes on prime into raids for revenge, etc, I'm down.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    It's been 100 years since I've been jumped but whatever, I'll pk forgive you. 
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    I actually kind of think to agree with you people. I can't promise I'll PK FORGIVE everybody out there (yet), but I see that the avenger can be hindering and actually found it hindering my decision to jump somebody before myself. So kudo's to you people having the guts to pull that and, depending on how my own PK skills develop and how much I actually enjoy fighting people who enjoy PK (I don't believe in bashing non-pkers), might join you eventually.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Lerad said:
    .. Haha, no.

PK CAREFUL OFF means you won't be stopped when you try to attack someone in a situation where the Avenger will kick your ass. Basically, going PK CAREFUL OFF means you're even more likely to get an Avatar of Vengeance waking you in the mornings, every morning.

Its worse than that.

PK CAREFUL OFF also makes you autodeclare anyone you try to hit. You don't need to explicitly declare them.

So many people turn PK CAREFUL OFF because they decide they don't care about being vengeanced, at least in this particular scenario, only to find out it screws them over with the autodeclare. Especially if they forget to turn it back on or have passives.
  • I'm not usually out on Prime much, but when I am I'll forgive anyone who jumps me so long as it's a reasonably fair fight. Like - bring 3/4/5v1 and yeah, nah, but I'll give 2v1 or 1v1s a fair shot and if I die, well sucks to be me.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Good effort but nothing important is on prime.
    There isn't anything important, no. But knowing there's people you can go gank and they won't get pissy isn't a bad thing.
    I'll gank on prime. I never have anywhere near the max suspects, so I'll use up a slot to murder someone on occasion. The only downside is the karma loss, which is a pain unless you're a champion.

Which I can no longer be, THANKS @SALOME.
    Wait, why can't you be a champ?
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    edited October 2015
    Can we pledge to PK forgive during the harmony, life, and nature events too.

This is an important event on prime!
  • Can we pledge to get rid of Avenger and find out who the real griefers are?

Thalkros said:
    Can we pledge to get rid of Avenger and find out who the real griefers are?
    I bet it's Kethuru.
    Tarkenton said:

Wait, why can't you be a champ?

Can't be family house rep on the court and a guild leader. Can't double dip leadership positions

Should make one of your kids do the job then :D
    No way, free seat on the Court to lord over people and without the effort of guild tests and elections?

I guessssssssssssssss I can accept that.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Celina said:
    No way, free seat on the Court to lord over people and without the effort of guild tests and elections?

I guessssssssssssssss I can accept that.
    Assuming your leaders treat the family rep as an equal. Ev always saw the seat as a cute concession, and never really took whomever sat in the position seriously.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Celina forces people to take her seriously by virtue of being Celina. So there's that.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

I could go into the politics and importance of the historical families in Glomdoring, and Court's somewhat unique approach to collectivism despite the existing hierarchy of guild leadership...

...but I suspect at this point, it's mostly that the Court is resigned to the fact that I'll force my way into the Court itself one way or another.