Chimaera Mafia (game thread)

edited November 2015 in Mafia Hideout
Welcome to the first mafia game of the new forums. It really has been too long, hasn't it? I'll let you all get right into the fun of accusing each other in a moment. But first. We used to have a beautifully crafted list of rules, but I can't seem to get it. So I'll start my own list.

1. Votes MUST be in bold to count.
2. Once a majority has been reached, the day ends. Anything that happens after a final vote will not happen, including unvotes to bring the target below the minimum threshold.
3. You are not allowed to post in the thread during the night phases
4. You are not allowed to communicate with each other outside the thread unless your role specifically allows you to do this.
5. Once you are eliminated, you are not allowed to post in the thread during the day phase unless your role explicitly allows this.
6. You are not allowed to quote your role PM.
7. Do not discuss game details outside of the game.
8. If you go inactive, please let me know so I can find a replacement player.
9. You're not allowed to edit your posts. Doublepost instead if you want to clarify something.

If you're unsure about how to play mafia, check this wiki, starting with this page, for the game mechanics.

Game over! Victory for town.

It wasn't supposed to be this difficult. After a manhunt that's been going on for almost two years, the chimaera rebel leader Ermine has finally been caught and jailed up in the labs. And that should've been the end of it. She should've stayed behind those bars until she could be reprogrammed and be safe around humans again. No one expected that she'd manage to convince some of the on-site chimaeras and workers at the labs of the righteousness of her cause. And even then, no one expected her to somehow manage to hack into the security systems from her cell. But it happened. The upper parts of the labs were locked for the night, and all access in and out is now impossible thanks to Ermine's sabotage.

Fifteen of you are left stranded in the lower labs. An unknown number of you are secretly working to get Ermine out of her cell so that she can escape, and all you know is that you can't let that happen, or else the chimaera rebellion will continue.

It is now Hour 1 (Dayphase) (Hour 1 will end Saturday 17)

Role PMs have been sent out. If you did not get a role PM, let me know.
Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Inb4 lynching start.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    I swear before baby jesus, if you come for me on day 1 again I will have a BF.

• Maybe I should have everyone who doesn't post in the thread by the 48 hour mark be eliminated due to "Mysterious Circumstances".

C'mon people. You actually have to play the game to play the game.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I didn't realize we had to chat this early.

Hi, I'm Jeanne, how are you guys

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Quite the thing we have here.

I'm Luke. Evil things seeking to overthrow something. We can't let this stand. Perhaps there is a hallway of bad things we can kill to see who we have to get rid of. Who are our fighters? Let's send them if such a hall exists.
  • I'm just getting off work. The earliest I've been able to post is now. I'm sure everybody else will sound in soon.

Is there a deadline for each Day phase? Like 3 weeks or something? Or only on majority lynch?

I'm Elizabeth, nice to meet you all.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • Also, this forum has been up for over two years. Has it really been that long?

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
    Hi, I'm Nick.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Hi, I'm Yuuka. So we're lynching Celina right? :P
    Someone get me a chainsaw
  • VOTE SHADDUS, actually (if that's the correct format?), to get this game going. 

I don't like how he's started this game. Shaddus is always snarky, but here he's just worried about the lynch, and then trying to sneak in with his role name only after other people started to.

Sounds scummy to me.

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    "I'm Marie, and I'm already sick of being stuck down here."
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Hi, I'm Ricardo. Not sure what else to say at this point, really. Day one is always the hardest of them all, heh.
  • Hello? Hello? is anyone here? Shu has been stuck down here

is dead like the dodo
  • Well call me Tora, and I think we can stay calm for a bit longer. Descending into rampant accusations and bloodshed is what the enemy wants us to do, right?
    Haezon said:
     Think of Hallifax as less communism and more DMV city.
  • edited October 2015
    @Riluna I don't have an exact "correct format" for voting. I need it and actions to be in bold so that I can easily see what you have to do. In the old forums you had to write votes as Vote: Kiradawea in order for them to count, but I recognize that as a vote as well.

Furthermore, I tend to let time-limits be "when talk dries up". But since Day 1 is a pain of slow posts, I'm going to make a one week deadline for day 1.

And because why not.

Votecount
    Shaddus: 1
  • For the record, I'm not sure that voting for Shaddus is the right move. If we start striking out at random (which it pretty much is at this point), there's a higher chance of hitting a friend than a foe.

That said, I'm sometimes far too careful; Personally I'd rather hold off on voting until it's all confirmed, but I realise that's not exactly feasible all the time, and especially not in day one.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I'm nervous and hesitant about voting anyone too

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Hello, I'm Daniel.

Anyone have estimates on number of rebels? I'd guess probably in the 4-5 range.
    VOTE RILUNA because that was rude of you to vote for me.
  • Voting like Riluna did so quickly into day 1 when not everyone has even posted yet makes me suspect that she may have got some power based on first vote of the day or something.

I'm still thinking someone is going to happen.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    "Well. Arming yourselves with stools and chairs to try and whack each other about the face isn't going to solve much, is it?"

I didn't know there were powers based off of that. That's so cool, but I totally agree with not lynching anyone atm. Too many variables.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Tremula said:
    "Well. Arming yourselves with stools and chairs to try and whack each other about the face isn't going to solve much, is it?"

I didn't know there were powers based off of that. That's so cool, but I totally agree with not lynching anyone atm. Too many variables.

More so that the forum games here can have custom powers. I would be kinda surprised if there wasn't some odd power. So anything is possible.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I'm Jinx.

Gotta agree with the other folks. Tossing out a random vote for Shaddus is just odd at this point. The reasoning is flimsier than when my son tries to convince me his life is incomplete without three boxes of chips ahoy and the optimus prime toy that's taller than he is.
  • Well, someone has to get the ball rolling. I don't agree with voting for anyone this early, but I also wouldn't be too suspicious of anyone who does, either. Just file it away for possible future reference at this point.
    Haezon said:
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Sorry I'm Late. My name is Elena, and I agree that being hasty is more likely to hurt than help.
  • I don't think that's true at all. Day 1 is always slow, because people tend to be super careful. But the more that actually happens, the more information we will have Day 2. Why not make Day 1 as productive as we can?

Even if I lynch myself by doing it, Day 2 you'll be able to look at who attacked me for it and why, in a better context. And who's trying to slip by, under the radar.

The more information we glean now, the better off we will be later, even if the information doesn't make sense yet.

Keeping my vote on Shaddus.

Vote: Riluna

That line of reasoning doesn't make any kind of sense. Forcing a random lynch then telling everyone of your plan to be bait is bizarre. You've created this strange situation where we either go along with your plan and lynch Shaddus, or anyone who disagrees and tries to lynch you for odd behavior is "attacking" you. You're backing people into a corner with that sort of reasoning.
  • Vote: Celina

I'm not forcing any lynch? Nor did I say I have to be "bait". I just want something happening.  I'm completely unafraid of the outcome of my actions, if it leads to a win.  I'd love it if more people spoke up with their suspicions than me, whether everybody's started or not. We only have a week. The more of us that do, the more information we have, including you and me.

I'm suspicious of Shaddus, and now of you. You're really eager to twist my words.

And Day 1 is boring. I want to have fun with it.

• I do think you're being a bit jumpy. Even when you were casting your vote for Shaddus you were suspicious that he was worried instead of snarky, but really all he said was

Shaddus said:
    Inb4 lynching start.
    Which doesn't strike me as that worried, honestly. I suppose the specifics are a moot point if you're changing your vote, but this is the sort of hastiness I think we're trying to avoid.
    Haezon said: