Chimaera Mafia (game thread)

Comments

• The talk that is being generated is not terrible though. In the end it's all info that can help get rid of the scum
  • Look, the first day we have a choice between everyone standing around lamenting the lack of information (with the occasional exception because of whacky powers that we have no way of relying on or taking advantage of)

Or we start throwing lynch votes around, get a bunch of people chattering and taking strategy viewpoints/coming out of the woodwork to discuss the situation, that can then be looked back on later in the game for correlations with whatever additional information gets revealed in the night.

So if you are a good, loyal, non-rebel person, you should start talking. If you're not... do whatever it is you're going to do.

Vote: Synkarin

because I dislike people making brief statements to encourage apathy and tamp down on discussion.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Whaaaat!

I'm new here, I don't know what's going on. I'm scared and worried that this Ermine will root the good guys out.

Vote: Allyrianne - because the only thing worse than apathy is bloodthirsty scum.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Vote: Enyalida.

I will explain my reasons later.
  • Oh, and @Kiradawea: It wasn't explicitly mentioned, but I assume there's no editing of posts?
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited October 2015

Riluna said:
    Vote: Celina

I'm not forcing any lynch? Nor did I say I have to be "bait". I just want something happening.  I'm completely unafraid of the outcome of my actions, if it leads to a win.  I'd love it if more people spoke up with their suspicions than me, whether everybody's started or not. We only have a week. The more of us that do, the more information we have, including you and me.

I'm suspicious of Shaddus, and now of you. You're really eager to twist my words.

And Day 1 is boring. I want to have fun with it.
    I think there are more productive ways to go about it than pushing for random lynches, then drawing lines in the sand and implying people who "attack" (your word) for your shady behaviour must be examined with extra scrutiny for it. When the reality is you're just acting irrationally, and people are reacting to that. When you act crazy, people are going to say something about it, and you're already planting the seeds that those who "attack" you are behaving in a scummy way. That's literally the implication of your post, I don't know how that's twisting your words. 

You've literally voted on two people before most people have even voted on one. Maybe it's time to slow the crazy train down if you don't want people thinking you're scummy/cray cray/bonkers/etc.

There's a fine line between productive fun and just randomly stirring the pot and pointing at ghosts. Actually, no, that's not a fine line.

edit: Vote: None

I'm willing to bet Riluna is just coming on so aggressively because she's over eager rather than actually being a bad guy. So far, anyways. 

• Ssaliss said:
    Oh, and @Kiradawea: It wasn't explicitly mentioned, but I assume there's no editing of posts?
    Ah yes. I knew I'd forgotten a rule. I'll add it to the list straight away.

And for those who don't check the first post.

Editting posts is strictly forbidden and may result in removal from the game.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    I edit a lot because I'm a bad typist. :(
  • Yeah... but it's a required rule. You say something scummy, you gotta live (usually not for very long) with the consequences.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear

Mostly because I want to see her flip out about getting lynched on day 1. Keep the streak!
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Vote: Allyrianne

Bloodthirsty is bad, and you should feel bad. New people need time to get used to things! D:
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    Tarkenton said:
    Vote: Celina Mostly because I want to see her flip out about getting lynched on day 1. Keep the streak!
    I'll come for you IRL. 
  • Ssaliss said:
    Vote: Enyalida.

I feel like voting and saying you will explain later is a bit odd. Why not just do this later all as one post?
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Vote: None

So scurred. :p
  • Ayisdra said:
    Ssaliss said:
    Vote: Enyalida.

I feel like voting and saying you will explain later is a bit odd. Why not just do this later all as one post?
    Mostly, I was looking for various reactions. Enyalida has not posted once so far, not even to say hello, nor did she make a single comment on my vote. That, to me, says that she's trying to keep her head down and remain unnoticed... for what reason, who can say? Either way, for now, my vote stays.

Also, for the record, Siam has also not made a single post. Enyalida has been around though, unlike Siam.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I've actually just been busy and not had time to think about this recently or make long phone posts. 

*Adjusts glasses*
    Deneb here.
    It makes sense to me to vote to accuse people on the first day to elicit reactions, but not to actually lynch anyone. If all it takes to absolve guilt is a wave and smile, we are surely doomed to more warring.
    On the first day, you either:
    1. have no information and are recklessly shooting in the dark
    2. have information and are exposing your powers far too early 
    3. are a scummy person who wants to release Ermine after everyone has been killed or lynched. 
    The second case seems very unlikely, so the best case is that you're acting recklessly. The worst is that you're maliciously sowing chaos, in an attempt to hasten Ermine's escape.

By my count, we number 15, so majority is... 8? 
    Current votes are:
    Nobody 2
    Daniel (@Allyriane) 2
    Elizabeth (@Riluna) 2
    Deneb (@Enyalida) 1
    Jeanne (@Synkarin) 1

It doesn't look like we will reach consensus with what information we have.
  • There's also making educated guesses based on posts made. It is, of course, far from ironclad evidence, but even though I would absolutely love to get that, odds are we won't for quite some time, meaning we'll have to make due with posts.

And for those who thinks I just contradicted myself from my post from earlier: That was a post made during the very first moments. At that point, it was purely shooting in the dark; no posts of any real value had been made, and there was absolutely no conclusions to draw from them. At this stage we're starting to get there though (both from posts made, and lack thereof).
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Why couldn't you have explained that when first voting?
  • I was mostly looking for how people would react. Who would defend you, and how? Why? How would you react? Perhaps it means very little at this stage, but later on, when more facts are found, perhaps something would be said that might be important somehow.
  • I understand what you were trying to do, but the strangeness you went about it with means that people aren't really going to react to the specific accusation of Deneb (Enyalida) at all, just how weird and kind of suspicious it is how you did it.
    Haezon said:
     Think of Hallifax as less communism and more DMV city.
  • Any reaction is a reaction, and any reaction can be learned from.
  • So, @Siam: Why no post yet?
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Are the people whose names we're using able to be googled? Like, is this canon based on something?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Personally, I'm assuming it's all random names. Otherwise, rooting out the scum would be far too simple.
  • Ssaliss said:
    So, @Siam: Why no post yet?
    Ruling out that he is just busy or whatnot and not posting something he is meaning to do, perhaps the first thing that comes to mind:

He can't. His role perhaps has some sort of post restriction. Maybe someone has to directly say his role name (or maybe just tag?). Perhaps his role is a mute and he hasn't figured out how to post yet without breaking role.
  • I honestly kinda doubt it's either of those. I'm more leaning towards him not being very active. The last time he made a post was on the tenth, so... yeah. My post was basically just a small prod at him (which is why I didn't vote for him, and I did vote for Enyalida).
  • Celina said:

Riluna said:

I'm not forcing any lynch? Nor did I say I have to be "bait". I just want something happening.  I'm completely unafraid of the outcome of my actions, if it leads to a win.  I'd love it if more people spoke up with their suspicions than me, whether everybody's started or not. We only have a week. The more of us that do, the more information we have, including you and me.

I'm suspicious of Shaddus, and now of you. You're really eager to twist my words.

And Day 1 is boring. I want to have fun with it.
    I think there are more productive ways to go about it than pushing for random lynches, then drawing lines in the sand and implying people who "attack" (your word) for your shady behaviour must be examined with extra scrutiny for it. When the reality is you're just acting irrationally, and people are reacting to that. When you act crazy, people are going to say something about it, and you're already planting the seeds that those who "attack" you are behaving in a scummy way. That's literally the implication of your post, I don't know how that's twisting your words. 

You've literally voted on two people before most people have even voted on one. Maybe it's time to slow the crazy train down if you don't want people thinking you're scummy/cray cray/bonkers/etc.

There's a fine line between productive fun and just randomly stirring the pot and pointing at ghosts. Actually, no, that's not a fine line.

edit: Vote: None

I'm willing to bet Riluna is just coming on so aggressively because she's over eager rather than actually being a bad guy. So far, anyways. 

All votes, and all posts, regardless of how irrational, must be scrutinized. But I actually feel like yours is one of the most interesting responses in the game so far. Even if my opening doesn't make much sense, everybody else was content to just say "that doesn't make sense" or "it was rude" (in @Shaddus case, because it was). You, on the other hand, took the first easy target you could find, and had to make them a villain for it, not just wrong.

Synkarin is also not sitting well with me, though I have less words to describe it (and no Day 1 argument is going to be substantial). He's going out of his way to appear meek. It's possible I'm just put off by it being out of character for what I'm used to hearing from Synkarin, but it seems a lot like somebody trying to set up a situation where they're just not expected to contribute much, and therefore be scrutinized less.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • The clock on the wall strikes 23:30 signaling that hour 1 is halfway through.
    Wait, what? When did I make you a villain? Now who's twisting words. 
  • edited October 2015
    shu is scared! is anyone around? hello? hello? does anyone want to play?
    is dead like the dodo