Chimaera Mafia (game thread)

1404142434446»

Comments

• This was a wild ride, fun to watch.

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Good game. I was on to you Ssaliss!
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited November 2015
    I got killed kind of at random early on, and didn't get to use any powers or role claim or anything :C

• Kiradawea said:

One thing I am surprised at though, is how nobody argued that on night 1, scum either would have had to perform a no-kill, or they must have targetted the jailed target. During the game, no one but scum knew that there was an arsonist about, and since Enyalida was scrubbed, that knowledge died with them. And since the doctor was proven town and explicitly said that they were roleblocked, and the rolestopper claimed that he hadn't protected anyone during night 1, Ssaliss was really the only solution left as to why scum couldn't kill night 1.
    Given how contentious no-lynch was on Day 1, I actually thought no-kill seemed like a pretty reasonable guess, forcing us to fight amongst ourselves even longer.
    Haezon said:
     Think of Hallifax as less communism and more DMV city.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Enyalida said:

I got killed kind of at random early on, and didn't get to use any powers or role claim or anything :C

I kept wondering what your power was! I figured you had to have done something in the night we weren't taking into account!
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Ugh.  Was so incredibly pissed about Ssaliss.  First night, I figured he'd gotten saved by a protector.  No big.  Still seemed like a good target to take out on night two.  Night two comes, bam, big scary chimera again.  Well, damn.  Okay, well, he's still tweaking people and irritating them, and it'll make other people look bad.  Night 3, eff whatever protector, guarantee kill him.  Aaaand...well, he's alive again.  WTF KIRA, WTF.

And then I get lynch trained, and watch Tremz play people pretty well for a bit.  Was fun.  10/10, will not target Ssaliss ever again.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    @Kiradawea , I followed this thread mainly for your dungeon master storytelling bits. I'd never sign up to play one of these, but following the story was fun. :)
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • How many spectators did we have? Like obviously anyone can check in, but if I'd realized so many people were watching with interest I probably would have been more nervous about looking dumb!
    Haezon said:
    Tarkenton said:
    And then I get lynch trained, and watch Tremz play people pretty well for a bit.  Was fun.  10/10, will not target Ssaliss ever again.

Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Tarkenton said:
    Ugh.  Was so incredibly pissed about Ssaliss.  First night, I figured he'd gotten saved by a protector.  No big.  Still seemed like a good target to take out on night two.  Night two comes, bam, big scary chimera again.  Well, damn.  Okay, well, he's still tweaking people and irritating them, and it'll make other people look bad.  Night 3, eff whatever protector, guarantee kill him.  Aaaand...well, he's alive again.  WTF KIRA, WTF.

I have to say, I would've loved to see your reactions to that :D
  • Tarkenton said:

I'm sorry. ;-; But I couldn't really not make Ssaliss the vampire after I'd designed the game up like this. I was screaming internally "don't do it. Don't do it" by night 3. But... better luck next time?
    Daraius said:
    @Kiradawea , I followed this thread mainly for your dungeon master storytelling bits. I'd never sign up to play one of these, but following the story was fun. :)
    Thanks. I put a lot of effort into em, so I'm glad to hear that they were appreciated.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    Azureus said:
    How many spectators did we have? Like obviously anyone can check in, but if I'd realized so many people were watching with interest I probably would have been more nervous about looking dumb!
    I kind of feel like the mafia threads are the equivalent to Lusternian reality TV, complete with voting players off the island! :D
    Daraius said:
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    I was definitely spectating. I don't like to play mafia nearly as much as I like to linger on the sidelines and guess what's going on.
  • Phoebus said:

I was definitely spectating. I don't like to play mafia nearly as much as I like to linger on the sidelines and guess what's going on.

So what were your guesses?
    Haezon said:
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    edited November 2015
    Azureus said:
    So what were your guesses?

=========== Edit: Quotes are bad.

I totally thought it was Luce at the end, there! I didn't factor in a third party killer at all with the lack of kills at the game's start, and role conversion wasn't even on my radar. My belief that Enyalida might've been mafia all but went out the window when Tremula came up scum and the game still went on, so I figured there had to be another one still lurking. Woops! 

Though I will say that if Luce had been lynched and turned up town, Ssaliss was next on my list of suspicious people. Everyone else's night actions had pretty much been cleared as true in some way, but kills were happening. I'd trusted his allegiance to town until then because I thought it would be pointless to give a mafia member a nightkill immunity in a game where no town members had kills. Little did I know. Tricky!
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    To be fair, Allyrainne had a kill, we just never got to use it.
  • edited November 2015
    Spectating was a lot of fun, I was very impressed by the level of detail in the backstory.

=D>

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I'm glad I was able to get away with what I was able to. Honestly, I was ready to give up two nights before I died, but urging from Tarkenton and Kira kept me going. The third-party was a big surprise.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."